• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's move: Better (>) Equal (=) or Worse(<)?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So, i'm recycling the previous idea and making the new one, we compare just Luigi's moves in sets, like Best Aerial, Best Smash, etc...Much easier for everyone since I had no idea what I was doing before and it was impossible to compare moves like that.

Anyone up to discuss Luigi's best tilt option first?

And...how do you edit titles? lol.

LuigiRocks14

Smash Rookie
Fireball is

> than : mario's fireball

= to " Samus Fb "

< than : Snake's Bomb

(First Comment ^^)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Not saying that this thread but just a question... isn't all moves different.. since it goes with the character.. and it just expands you know the hitboxes, their characteristics like movement, floaty or non-floaty, flashy or what not....

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I dunno, I was just thinking that some certain moves compared to other ones that are assigned to the same buttons are better than others, like Luigi's B<Falco B in terms of overall effectiveness.

Classicrf

Smash Rookie
Luigi's fireball's aren't really superior to Mario's, since:

a) they cancel eachother out anyway

b) mario's fireballs can go underneath elevated attacks, like a roll, making it easier to hit a character

c) mario's fireballs go longer? I'm not sure if this one is right.:confused:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
how about we compare luigi moves compared to each other...instead of luigi's set vs everyone else's

Also...by the way

Luigi N-air >Everyone elses

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Metaknight would like a word with you
MK: ...Yep, your nair is better than mine XD

I dunno, I sorta got a list for the fireball...fell free to critique and all that, if anyone else is even gonna try this lol.

> Than: Falcon, Ganondorf, Game and Watch, Yoshi

= To: Fox, Ike, DDD, Kirby, Lucas, Mario, Ness, Samus, Wolf, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Squirtle.

< Than: Bowser, Diddy, Falco, IC, Lucario, Marth, Peach, Pikachu, Ivysaur, Charizard, Sheik, Snake, MK, Wario, Link, Toon Link, ZSS, Olimar, Pit, Sonic, ROB, Donkey Kong.

?? That's how I feel Luigi's fireball is compared to the other neutral B moves...

Then again, I like KoR's idea too, maybe we should try that?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I can't really say much.. cus like maybe i'm still confused on what your goal is... but like it's rather complexing the way lm seeing it, cus like your comparing a move to another move which may have a totally different complete purpose.. such as luigi's neutral b meaning the fireball is better than squirtle's neutral b which happens to be water gun and has different purpose such as induced hitlag and to stop the momentum of your opponents... correct me on this i'm hella tired..

TreK

Is "that guy"
I thought it was a research on priority and stuff. That could be useful, but I'm lazy :V
I don't get the true goal/purpose of this thread tho "^^

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
could this be a thread to compare luigi moves to one another....like what is the most useful tilt, smash, stuff like that

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
could this be a thread to compare luigi moves to one another....like what is the most useful tilt, smash, stuff like that

Yeah, I could change it around to be like that, anyone good for it?

Classicrf

Smash Rookie
Word. Personally I think Luigi's best move is the Luigi Cyclone. It has a high priority and can be easily woven into a combo, plus it fixes Luigi's ground game approach issues, since you can use it to jet past your opponent while canceling any move they had coming because of it's high priority.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Cahnged thread around a bit, look at 1st post.

Top Bottom