• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mobility and Approaches

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I might be spoiled after playing too much Mega Man, but Luigi just feels a lot slower than he did in previous iterations. His horizontal air movement just doesn't seem to work for approaching and I have trouble chasing down or closing space with him. Am I missing something to help with his horizontal movement? How do you approach with him?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
On the ground, cyclone gets you across the stage quickly. I haven't used it enough to know if it's good though

Last edited:

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Cyclone is better but it still suffers from the same flaws as it did in Brawl. You can still just shield or poke it, the timing is just stricter for the opponent.

I've personally found some of Luigi's ground options a little better than Brawl. I've been using spaced fireballs to force people into shielding then running in and grabbing them to start stuff. It seems his dash grab is decent. Not Captain Falcon's dash grab, but enough that it gets him moving and covers some distance.

Top Bottom