• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi won B.E.A.S.T. 5 Smash WiiU Singles!

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Miller just won right now! And vs alot of Diddy's like Leffen (2-0 comeback) and a Sheik cyven. Finally a Luigi won vs a Sheik. Luigi is a top 10 on tier list first time ever guys ^^ What do you think about APEX 2015 Smash WiiU singles with Boss, False, Anti and possibly Miller and Mr. Con Con?

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The Green Wrath strikes again.

I never found Sheik super difficult as Luigi imo. But what is B.E.A.S.T 5 exactly? Regardless, nice work Miller! AWaiting some nice vids.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I think it's definitive proof that pretty much any character can take a major with proper effort. Depending on who it is you may need secondaries but Luigi strikes me as a mid-high character with crippling flaws that be overcome with player skill, like...well, a lot of other characters in this game.

Given who I main (I have to pack at least 2-3 secondaries if need be) I can safely say that I'm pretty sure no one is of no use in this game, I think even Mii Swordfighter can do SOMETHING.

I think the only reason we see a lot of Diddy Kongs and Sheiks is because they're good characters but their learning curve isn't very harsh, and we're early on. I predict them being prevalent through the entire lifespan of this game but honestly I feel like it'll whittle down a little bit.

Last edited:

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
I knew Miller from Brawl, he was probably the best Luigi player from Europe. That's very good to know!

I actually didn't know that a SSB4 tournament would happen at B.E.A.S.T V, thought it was only for Melee and PM. Was it streamed? Need to see these sets!

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Saw the last game last stock only definitely gonna look at these later. Wrecking Leffens diddy as well.People have been saying luigi is the diddy counter. The year of luigi continues!

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Ahh that game was so hype! I love matches where the crowd is pure hype. Congratulations to all you Luigi mains ;)

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
I think it's definitive proof that pretty much any character can take a major with proper effort. Depending on who it is you may need secondaries but Luigi strikes me as a mid-high character with crippling flaws that be overcome with player skill, like...well, a lot of other characters in this game.

Given who I main (I have to pack at least 2-3 secondaries if need be) I can safely say that I'm pretty sure no one is of no use in this game, I think even Mii Swordfighter can do SOMETHING.

I think the only reason we see a lot of Diddy Kongs and Sheiks is because they're good characters but their learning curve isn't very harsh, and we're early on. I predict them being prevalent through the entire lifespan of this game but honestly I feel like it'll whittle down a little bit.
I second this. I've been looking at falco recently and there's a lot of unexplored potential and depth to this character and I feel at this moment hes gonna cover luigis harder mu's very well.

AegonTheConqueror

Smash Rookie
I second this. I've been looking at falco recently and there's a lot of unexplored potential and depth to this character and I feel at this moment hes gonna cover luigis harder mu's very well.
Hi BlueBirde! Finally caught you on these boards lol. Great to hear that Luigi is getting the recognition he deserves. And a Diddy counter too?! Year of the Luigi!!!!

USPY.3620

Smash Cadet
This is it for me - convinced that I'm going to main Luigi now! (Been searching for a main for months).

Any recommendations next steps on studying/training Luigi?

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
This is it for me - convinced that I'm going to main Luigi now! (Been searching for a main for months).

Any recommendations next steps on studying/training Luigi?
Learn spacing and abuse his decent run speed. Fireball is decent at its job thanks to how universally most other projectiles are laggier now (Luigi's is about the same, hooray!). Get creative with D-Throw. It's not just Fair -> Fair after, sometimes you can extend it based on position/character weight. Figure out your kill setups and this is CRUCIAL because Luigi does not have a SLEW of kill moves but rather a handful of effective ones. Nair is good at really high percents, Bair is good, up+B is risky but it can work, FSmash is good.

USPY.3620

Smash Cadet
Learn spacing and abuse his decent run speed. Fireball is decent at its job thanks to how universally most other projectiles are laggier now (Luigi's is about the same, hooray!). Get creative with D-Throw. It's not just Fair -> Fair after, sometimes you can extend it based on position/character weight. Figure out your kill setups and this is CRUCIAL because Luigi does not have a SLEW of kill moves but rather a handful of effective ones. Nair is good at really high percents, Bair is good, up+B is risky but it can work, FSmash is good.
Thanks for the info. Looking at Luigi guides around and about the forums right now, going to start working some of these combos. Can you elaborate more on the "spacing" bit?

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Stuff like Ftilt, maximizing your range as best as possible. He has slightly more reach than Mario and while it's not an incredible amount, perfecting your attack distance and knowing the furthest everything can hit lets you squeeze out the most out of any character so I think it's important to know.

Lexiconz

Smash Rookie
Hi fellows lug's, someone has the video links somewhere?? i would love to study his game :D

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
Miller just won right now! And vs alot of Diddy's like Leffen (2-0 comeback) and a Sheik cy. Finally a Luigi won vs a Sheik. Luigi is a top 10 on tier list first time ever guys ^^ What do you think about APEX 2015 Smash WiiU singles with Boss, False and possible Miller and Mr. Con Con?
apparently ANTI as well

Seth B.

Smash Rookie
NNID
SnazzyPaperBear
3DS FC
1547-5389-9600
Hi fellows lug's, someone has the video links somewhere?? i would love to study his game :D
I have no idea if there's any videos up yet, but trust me when I say you'll learn a lot from Miller. I picked up so much just by watching this guy. I can't wait to see how he does at APEX

USPY.3620

Smash Cadet
I have no idea if there's any videos up yet, but trust me when I say you'll learn a lot from Miller. I picked up so much just by watching this guy. I can't wait to see how he does at APEX
Can't wait to see them.

Tuxdude

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1908-0573-2312
you can watch the semifinals here "www" + ".twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/v/3679763" (cant post links yet). The fight against Leffen was so intense that i almost forgot who would win, even though i knew beforehand. What a comeback!

Seth B.

Smash Rookie
NNID
SnazzyPaperBear
3DS FC
1547-5389-9600
you can watch the semifinals here "www" + ".twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/v/3679763" (cant post links yet). The fight against Leffen was so intense that i almost forgot who would win, even though i knew beforehand. What a comeback!
People have been saying there's no hype in SSB4....after that match I find that hard to believe

USPY.3620

Smash Cadet
Some great Luigi from False last night. Check em out. He's probably the most aggressive Luigi I've studied besides Mr. CC. False's game is built on reading his opponent. Really aggressive.

Also another interesting thought - False's other fighter is Sheik - wondering what the crossover is between Luigi mains and Sheik mains. How intuitive do you think that crossover is?

Losers Semis - Keitaro [Falco] vs. False [Luigi, Sheik]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_6Qyd7TcYY
^ Hilarious, hilarious commentating on this, by the way, I watched the video a second time through just to laugh at the guys.​

Grand Finals - False [Luigi] vs. Nakat [Falcon, Ness, Fox]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D9LKsglwzo

Edit: Realized I posted this in the BEAST thread by accident...maybe I should move it to another thread?

Last edited:

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
While Luigi did win, would that affect the tier-list that much?

It seemed like the advanatge was still on Sheik's side, but J. miller was just playing smarter.

Not that I know how tier-lists are made.

TriTails

Smash Lord
If he gets anywhere in the top 5 of Apex, people will over hype him through the roof I assume.
And then they complain it to Mr. Sakurai to release another balance patch to murder Luigi like he did to Greninja (That's what people are saying anyway). Hoepfully, that will never be the case.

Though, I hope that, Luigi win Apex! If he gets to top 5, then an explosion should be heard in Smash community.

And if he gets to the numbah 1.... Oh my God. Hopefully though!

Boss, False, Mr. Concon, Anti, and possibly J. Miller too, and any other Luigi mains that I didn't mention that are going to Apex.....

I WISH YOU ALL LUCK! SHOW 'EM WHAT THE GREEN PLUMBER CAN DO! YOU GUYS CAN DO THIS! I'LL BE ROOTING FOR YOU ALL!

Last edited:
Top Bottom