• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi...super wave dash?

Time

Smash Rookie
I think that is what it's called.

What I'm talking about, is Samus's Super wave Dash. i was reading the description yesterday and i noticed that the animation would show Samus in her regular standing position but moved like she was floating on air.

Well, i was fighting a Computer Luigi on Hyrule Temple. And Luigi did the same exact thing! He moved about 5 feat away from my character to. I was wondering if this was possible.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I think that is what it's called.

What I'm talking about, is Samus's Super wave Dash. i was reading the description yesterday and i noticed that the animation would show Samus in her regular standing position but moved like she was floating on air.

Well, i was fighting a Computer Luigi on Hyrule Temple. And Luigi did the same exact thing! He moved about 5 feat away from my character to. I was wondering if this was possible.
Luigi's regular wavedash, done perfectly, goes almost as far as Samus' Super Wave Dash.

However, computers don't wavedash...

What probably happened was that the computer Luigi powershielded one of your attacks (which they do pretty often) and slid away a long distance.

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
Yea thats true. Luigi's wave dash is like the longest in the game.
you shuld read all the other threads before you make a new one just to know what everyone else knows so u wont repeat yourself

Time

Smash Rookie
One more thing. Does luigi's regular wave dash make smoke appear? Or do any for that matter?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Luigi's wavedash goes farther than any other wavedash does. Smoke appears for all wavedashes. Luigi's Wavedash > Samus Super Wavedash. His wavedash can be used much faster and more efficiently. No super wavedashing for Luigi, atleast not that I know of.

Time

Smash Rookie
True and the fact CPU's don't wave-dash it was probably something my character did or a glitch. Anyway thanks for not flaming what I had proposed, most people would.

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
hahaha
hey we're here to help the fellow Luigis not to hate on them just because they don't know something. Don't be scared to ask anything just ask, but make sure u alreay read all the threads to make sure u dont repeat yourself.

Adman

Smash Rookie
A little off topic, but ya... i have had comps wave dash on me in very hard, well only twice on stupid slanted levels... and im not sure about computers, but if u are wave dashing and are hit horizontally and tech backwards you will move like a superwave dash instantly in one roll... much farther than his wave dash, but not a wave dash... just his last of physics coming into play

Ugalde

Smash Rookie
If a comp looks like it is wavedashing, It probroably just wave landed on accident. Thats what I see very often

Adman

Smash Rookie
*makes a little note that he knows the difference between wavelanding and wavedashing*

Luigi-Bo 87

Smash Rookie
How do you perfectly wave dash with Luigi? When I wavedash, I go about 4-5 Luigi's forward or backwards.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Tilt the contolr stick as far as you can sideways without airdodging.
Also, you can confuse the comps into wavedashing, although I'm not sure how to.

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
I didnt know that computers could be fooled into wavedashing...I have yet to see that...interesting...I will check that out

Teh Pat

Smash Rookie
look luigi slides on his own
walk and then let go of the controll stick and watch he slide
has nothing to do with wave dashing
computers cant wave dash

Top Bottom