• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Q/A Thread

CR4SH

Smash Lord
When GW dairs, first thing to do is not get hit by it. After that, if you're in the right position you can punish with a fireball or a tornado. Possibly a walking dsmash. Maybe a better option would be to short hop over the sideways hitbox, then hit them with an aerial. Sour nair into a combo maybe. In reality though, most often you'll just be avoiding it into a reset.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
You could either just live with it or test the following things.

1. When you see him dairing, roll away from it and fireball.
2. WHen you see him dairing roll away from it and tornado approach.
3. Sheild and before he hits the ground SH Airdodge and hit him with an aerial from above..

Beware because GnW can do a smash attack almost instantly after he does the dair.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Question..

Any have pics of how 2 edge cancel the Missile. Like how Wolf Edge cancels his Side B. I kno Ive it a few times by accident I jus wanna kno if Its something that can be mastered.

And any1 have tips 2 do rising DownBs with negative momentum. Ive gotten full height once, dunno how, but any personal tips here wud b koo. (I kno its all about button mashin, so basiclly I guess Im asking how do u peeps like Boss button mash so fast..)

GZeus

Smash Rookie
Is there someone here who knows a good way to counter, escape (whatever) the Ice Climbers Chaingrabs or it's only impossible to escape this terrible faith?

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
"Don't get grabbed" Lol, try to avoid the grab as long as you can. Don't approach with dash attacks and things. Definitely eliminate NANA as soon as possible.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Is there someone here who knows a good way to counter, escape (whatever) the Ice Climbers Chaingrabs or it's only impossible to escape this terrible faith?
This is one of the few match ups where I don't suggest you use Luigi at all...

WIGI

Smash Champion
what move seprates ics best? and yeah i need a matchup on them kawaii bunny 3 stoked me with ics after i 2stoked her sheik/zelda

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Hello Everybody, im pretty new to these boards.
:)

Anyway, did anybody ever think about just crouching under falco's lasers and crawling?

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
This question has been asked...HERE...and threads have been made about it. :urg:
Yes.. no crap, and I pretty much stated I read it in my post, I was askin for specific details on how 2 button mash faster. For example will pressn lightly on Down when startin the move help, or mayb making 2 buttons the special button. I figure there has 2 b some kinda trick to it (even if its fairly small) because I, nor my friends can pull it off.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
yeahp.. but it doesn't work unles hes shing them iirc
Yessir, if Falco is just spamming lasers you can get hit by a couple (but not all). It has to do with the way Luigi crawls i guess. Either way, what can do you out of a crouch? You are bound to get hit by a laser anyway if you try to approach them, I'd rather SH my way over.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
What I do to approach Falco on open stages is just full hop + tornado to get way above him. When you're in the air you have all the options in the world, and can just float right on over...

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
What I do to approach Falco on open stages is just full hop + tornado to get way above him. When you're in the air you have all the options in the world, and can just float right on over...
That works well cause its Falco...just want to add a little warning that this isn't the end all be all to beating campy characters so peeps don't start thinking that way (not saying you do LK).

WIGI

Smash Champion
woah, im going to test what happens when 2 buttons are special buttons

maybey that wiull work?

Top Bottom