• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi: Official Character Discussion

Ulevo

Smash Master
Discussion for Luigi. Anyone can suggest anything for any of these topics, and it'll be noted. Popular suggestions/values will be marked as such. Final values will be determined by popularity, so voice your opinion!

Suggested Offensive Modifications:

Suggested Defensive Modifications:

Default Physics:
SH:
FH:
FF:
DGrav:
Grav:

Physics Changes:

Specific Move Fixes:

Anything else:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This has..... NO POSTS!?

Anyway, I'm sure some of you saw the whole charge jump thread in the Smash Workshop, and I actually think this would be a neat lil added effect for Luigi. I'm sure it could easily be done also. Make it so if you hold down crouch (or while crawling) For like 5 seconds, Luigi starts flashing, then if you press Jump while flashing, he does a full jump at twice the normal height. The flashing goes away if you stand up out of the crouch.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
So.. you're going to need to expand on this a bit more to even start to convince me this is a good idea.

What would be the uses?

If he's edgeguarding and thinks that someone will recover high 5 seconds into the future he can meet them up a little higher than his DJ?

5 seconds is too long to do anything useful without massively predicting your opponent. Moves or techniques which take longer than 40 frames to begin are already pretty difficult to use. Furthermore, nothing could be more telegraphed than sitting there for 5 seconds and then flashing.

So then you argue, why not crouch for 4 seconds, mind game them into recovering low, and then stop charging and attack them? This would quickly turn into a spam-technique on par with my old Ganon U-tilt IASA idea -- you could spam the threat of it a lot, but it's real uses on an opponent who's accustomed to it were minimal.

And in the event that it did turn out to be cool and useful, why would we buff Luigi..? What nerfs would you propose?

Personally, I think this is a terrible idea. I didn't criticize the OP of the charge jump thread too harshly because it was his first post, but I expect a bit more explanation / thought process from a WBR member.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
We've added in some things that weren't originally in Brawl, and I think some fresh ideas that further set us apart (BRAWL REPLACEMNT! lol) could be in good taste if done right. All changes don't have to be a buff per se, but if you argue for why we should buff luigi, why was Fox given JC Shine? He didn't need a buff imo.

It varies the gameplay, makes him a more unique character, and unlike some stupid PSA hacks out there ppl make, I actually think this could be pulled off nicely

As for values it's all just estimations, doesn't have to be 5 secs. Yea thats too long lol. Maybe like 3? It opens up some neat edgeguarding options for Luigi. Even though the player would see you're about to go high and they might recover low, it's all about options. You could also go high and sort of follow them down waiting to punish an air dodge.

It's also unlike the gdorf utilt which this is adding in new content not modifying it. And the gdorf utilt was canceleing an extremely powerful move whenever you wanted, when this would be stopping a... jump. Not like a crazy strong attack.

I don't think this should just be thrown into Bp, but I think it would be interesting to see at least and to give it a shot in testing. No need to be added in the rush for RC1 though, unless it was made in like a day lol

Revven

FrankerZ
All changes don't have to be a buff per se, but if you argue for why we should buff luigi, why was Fox given JC Shine? He didn't need a buff imo.
Just wanted to post in response to this:

Difference here is that Fox took a nerf to his ridiculous Dair (yes, it was ridiculous) in exchange for JC shine thus making him harder to play. I hardly call it a buff because he lost what made him really, really good. Now he's a lot more manageable in plenty of match-ups I'm sure, even if the player masters the JC shine. Dair > JC shine > Usmash and other combos are a lot harder than what he had before.

It's not exactly a buff and it's not exactly a nerf. You could argue that it buffs him because it's giving him more options, but, he also lost options. Dair > Usmash, Dair > Utilt (on most characters), Dair > Dsmash just to name a few to get things like JC shine > Dair, Dair > JC shine, Dair > JC shine > Usmash, JC shine > Bair.

So I don't agree with the comparison being made here then again, I didn't read all of what you're asking for yet.

shanus

Smash Hero
We've added in some things that weren't originally in Brawl, and I think some fresh ideas that further set us apart (BRAWL REPLACEMNT! lol) could be in good taste if done right. All changes don't have to be a buff per se, but if you argue for why we should buff luigi, why was Fox given JC Shine? He didn't need a buff imo.

It varies the gameplay, makes him a more unique character, and unlike some stupid PSA hacks out there ppl make, I actually think this could be pulled off nicely

As for values it's all just estimations, doesn't have to be 5 secs. Yea thats too long lol. Maybe like 3? It opens up some neat edgeguarding options for Luigi. Even though the player would see you're about to go high and they might recover low, it's all about options. You could also go high and sort of follow them down waiting to punish an air dodge.

It's also unlike the gdorf utilt which this is adding in new content not modifying it. And the gdorf utilt was canceleing an extremely powerful move whenever you wanted, when this would be stopping a... jump. Not like a crazy strong attack.

I don't think this should just be thrown into Bp, but I think it would be interesting to see at least and to give it a shot in testing. No need to be added in the rush for RC1 though, unless it was made in like a day lol
Fox JC shine - dair tradeoff many think is an overall nerf than a buff. Get your facts right.

Increased his difficulty to play, removed autocombo, and faster fingers.

HMMMMM

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Is this crouch jump idea from a game or something? I'd be fine with adding something like that if Luigi also gets some sort of nerf/nerfs with it.

Top Bottom