• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Discord Group!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'll probably bite now for that link.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
If there's a regular chat (not too fond of voice chat) then it'd be really cool to be a part of this. Especially if I heard right and ConCon uses this too. A link would be awesome.

Omega_Ra1der

Smash Cadet
Despite me no longer maining luigi anymore but only because to improve myself, slide me that discord link.

TheNoTractionClassic

Smash Rookie
Hello there its me again talking about something else now that you can see in the title. I have created a discord chat seeing as how the Skype chat group has been doing so well. Now for those of you who are already on the Skype chat and don't have discord do not worry because I will be keeping track of the both groups, shouldn't be too hard right. Anyways I am making this discord group in order to hopefully find more people who love playing this character as well.

Here are some reasons why Discord is considered better than Skype for those who are curious:
-Can be used in your browser or through the program. I recommend the program, but it's your choice. Also works on phones.
-Multiple voice and text channels have given us a lot of options for discussions we previously did not have. Also has made matchmaking easier for everybody.
-It's very useful for people to be able to set how loud they hear each individual (as mics are different in sensitivity)
-No Skype lag (this was very annoying)
-Sometimes, having Skype open has caused people lag while doing wifi matches. This issue does not happen with Discord.
-It's easier on the mods, due to improved powers
-It is easier to tell who is online, afk, or offline.
-To talk via voice, you just join a voice chat channel, and can see who is already in that voice chat channel beforehand. It's much easier than having somebody host a call. And, again, there are multiple voice chat channels which can be used for different things.
-No ads (Skype has ads)
-Free (Teamspeak costs money)
-Useful commands you can use, like @[insert_name], @everyone, and #[insert_channel_name]
-Your IP is protected
-Much more features to come in the future, as it's still new and being updated. Some thing I am aware of which will come in the future are the capabilities for custom emoticons, screen sharing, and video chat.

I will say that I am not forcing those from the Skype group to come in but they have their choice whether or not they wish to join. Also this discord group will have some specific rules in it that are pretty standard with the major discord groups. When you get in I or someone else in the group will help you with the setup of the group.

But overall its just to have fun and play our favorite character Luigi.

If you want to get in the Luigi Discord group then leave a message that you want to join in and I will give you a link to the group!!!
Hey can I get the link to the Luigi discord please?

deepinthot

Smash Rookie
why is nobody actually linking to the discord????? is it supposed to be secret? regardless, if anyone has it, please pm it to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom