• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

luigi D-air spikes!

jlbchamp

Smash Cadet
so i was messin around on training mode and while i was gettin used to luigi's jump height and hit range with his d-air i noticed it didnt send them flyin but instead spike them towards the ground when the character was in midair, now i thought i was losin my mind when i saw that..

so to confirmed what i just did i tried doin it again by hittin the character on certain spots, but it seems that his d-air spikes randomly, sort of like his forward-b when it randomly decides to shoot farther than usual, anyways the d-air spike happened again after tryin again

has anyone seen this happen yet? if not try spendin like a few minutes on trainin mode and it will eventually work. dont get impatient, trust me it works XD

cmart

Smash Lord
Since no one's mentioned it yet, melee's spike was a sweetspot. Guess someone will have to experiment and see if it's in the same place or not.

jlbchamp

Smash Cadet
Since no one's mentioned it yet, melee's spike was a sweetspot. Guess someone will have to experiment and see if it's in the same place or not.
yea true, i myself cant seem to pinpoint where it spikes, it might have changed for all i know

I was trying to see anyone had seen it too.
Yeah, I did it to a Diddy Kong a few times and I found the sweetspot from the replay:
It's Luigi's butt. Same as Melee.
It is much harder to hit with then in Melee, but the knockback is even more then the knockback from the horizontal distance of the d air! It's really good, but hard to hit with.
I tested it on a Bowser on FD in training mode and was able to meteor him every single time I hit with the butt. For me, Luigi needs be facing away from the opponent to do it right.

jlbchamp

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I did it to a Diddy Kong a few times and I found the sweetspot from the replay:
It is much harder to hit with then in Melee, but the knockback is even more then the knockback from the horizontal distance of the d air! It's really good, but hard to hit with.
I tested it on a Bowser on FD in training mode and was able to meteor him every single time I hit with the butt. For me, Luigi needs be facing away from the opponent to do it right.
facin away from oppenent, ok i'll try this out

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
i've done it a lot without facing away from the enemy. well maybe i jumped a bit over him so my back was turned. thanks for the info though.

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeah you ahve to hit them with.. esentialy where your back pokcet would be, im im pretty sure you ave to do iit closer to the start of the move.

Also. i think during his dair, you can hit people with his spinning hands? (doesn't spike or anyhting but i think you can xD)

This is a CRAZY strong spike: KOed Falco at about 50 instantly. He's a picture of the hit:

So there's the spot. I feel this will be an essential mindgame to pull to airdodge happy spammers.

Nubis

Smash Cadet
Its not just his hips, but it seems to also be on his legs, above the kneecaps, but below his neck

Zarez

Smash Cadet
It seems to be near the butt/waist area, but a bit further away from his body. I think its supposed to look like he actually smacks them when he spins.

Top Bottom