• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Combo Thread

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Hey guys!

Looking to expand the Project M version of the Luigi Boards.

So post your combo videos and/or list of moves that you know make good combos.

(Brawl Luigi and Project M Luigi are different enough to have different combos.... Right?)

You can also debate on if there are better alternatives to a combo.

-WILL UPDATE WITH COMBOS AND VIDEOS HERE-

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Luigi can DThrow chaingrab several characters like D3 and Squirtle. DThrow -> USmash works really well. Mid percent UTilts are godlike on fastfallers. On a Fox I landed UTilt-> UTilt-> Nair-> Up-B.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Curse you, sammy.

I think the dthrow CG rep for Luigi on squirtle is roughtly any low% to about 50 or 60. That's half a stock for Squirtle, unfortunately.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Eli, I hope that the avatar change means you're going to run luigi more often.

A good chunk of luigi's vortexes can start with a throw, and end in a grab, which is about as fun as you'd expect. Also, DThrow -> a misfired sideB is the best lazy combo.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Said it in the last board, I'll say it again.

Tornado Tornado Tornado!!!!

Beats and combos into a million things.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Dtilt is the best combo in project m

Any ideas on how to roulette into a misfire? During breaks/pauses I guess you could jump offstage and charge into the edge until you get a misfire prepped, or edgecancel it. Otherwise there's that terrible end lag, where even between stocks you can only attempt like 1 or 2.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
IMO just general usage of the move is best. Using it in situations when needed works just fine. If you missile on purpose in between stocks that also allows the opposing player to keep track on your cycling as well.

:phone:

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Hypothetically, I think the fastest, safest way to get misfire roulette between stocks would be to ledge cancel a missile over the edge then DJ away from the edge and then sweet spot edge with a missile, then wd back on to stage. This may take a bit of practice though. Also dunno if there is enough time between stocks, may only be able to do this if they die off the top.

Jyro

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheChooseGoose
Just started using cyclone (why is it now called tornado?) to combo out of and into pretty much everything, Against prone characters, its good if you can read a roll or even if the opponent decides not to move; down angled f-tilt is also good against opponents prone or missing a tech. fireball, jab, d-tilt are all options for reset.
SJP is amazing at ends of combos, like after cyclone or weak-nair. I think using aerial SJP consistently is a necessary tool to kill combo'd aerial opponents early.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Up-B is far away from being a necessary aerial finisher. It does do a lot of knock back/damage but the small hit boxes and risk/reward factor being very skewed leads aerial Up-Bs not to be very viable. IMO the best aerial combo finishers overall are Fair and Dair.

Top Bottom