• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Board Index (all "stickied" threads in here)

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Luigi Board Index

Short Intro: The Luigi Boards was streamlined by removing all but one thread from being stickied, and the only one that is stickied would contain links to all the rest. This is that thread, and in here you will find all threads that deserve to be stickied.

Searching: You can use your browser's intra page search function (Ctrl+F) to search for keywords (tags) for anything you're looking for in this post. If searching for two-word keywords such as "off topic" then try searching for one of the words individually as in "topic". If searching for unusually small keywords such as "AT", use spaces either before and/or after as in " AT ".

Lastly: You can (and should) post to suggest new threads for the index or for any addition, suggestion, or correction. If I go inactive for unusually long and this index is no longer relative, feel free to create a new one and use this info.

COMPLETE OR ACTIVE
Guides and other threads that are complete and relative, or still somewhat active.​

Official Luigi Match-Up Thread by DTP
The current in-progress Luigi matchup guide which promises to be unlike any other... complete. It's organized as a master thread which summarizes and links to separate individual matchup threads for each character.
Tags: strategy , guide , match , matchup , advanced , official , character

Luigi General Discussion by hippiedude92
An all-purpose thread for discussion of any sort, including off-topic discussion. If you want to post something and aren't sure where it should go, it should probably go here.
Tags: general , discussion , off-topic , chat

Official Q&A Thread by kigbariom
The official Q&A thread of the Luigi Boards. If the board's search results didn't answer your question, ask it here. The best part is that kigbariom compiles questions from outside the thread, so it'll be uber in-depth.
Tags: FAQ , question , beginner , advanced , discussion

Unblockable Jab Follow-Ups and Frame Data by Magus420
An in-depth guide on Jab strings with raw data and charts. In it, Magus shows what moves can't be blocked by who after a jab. AND IT'S COMPLETE! A must-read if you're browsing.
Tags: guide , AT , data , chart , character , jab , advanced

Green Glossary by elheber
A "glossary of proper terms and definitions for Luigi's moves". It was originally made to help us all understand each other better, but it's also become a guide to ATs relative to Luigi.
Tags: guide , list , AT , glossary , moves , moveset , beginner , advanced

Mushroom Kingdom Cinema by Straked
The best and most up-to-date video thread in the Luigi Boards. He's got it all in here, including doubles and combo videos, in the most organized and readable way. Post your own or favorite videos here.
Tags: videos , tourney, singles , doubles , combo

Honing In by Delvro
An in-depth guide to approaching and the options after approaching. All the way from approaching grounded and aerial opponents from the ground/ledge/air, to how to start your combos once you do. He's even got some unique arrow characters that should be copied by everyone. A must-read.
Tags: strategy , guide , advanced , approach , combo

Luigi Buffering Applications by ALiAsVee
An in-depth AT strategy guide for Luigi's "Luigi Buffering" advanced techniqe (now known as AD Buffering). It's more a strategy guide on how to use it than it is an AT guide on how to perform it or how it works, but the metagame in it is relevant today.
Tags: guide, strategy, AT , advanced , buffering

Aerial String Analysis by elheber
A list and in-depth analysis of all double aerials with frame data on autocanceling and lag-upon-landing. It comes to some interesting conclusions.
Tags: analysis , list , frame , data , aerial

Extensive Frame Data for Luigi by Magus420
A complete in-depth listing of all of the frame data for all of Luigi's moves. It's raw data so it isn't a guide, but it's valuable for using in other guides (and has already by many including me). If you're making a guide, check this out.
Tags: list , frame , data , raw , moves , moveset

How to Get Better with Luigi by hippiedude92
A general strategy guide to Luigi in the form of a list of tips. The most recent general strategy guide and certainly reflecting the current metagame.
Tags: strategy , guide , tips

The Habits of a Highly Effective Luigi by cr4sh
A general strategy guide to Luigi in the form of a list of tips. It's a tad old but still very relative to today's metagame and has a few things not in hippie's guide above.
Tags: strategy , guide , tips

Negative Zone Dining Etiquette by Atash
A compilation of quotes and art relating to the Luigi "subculture". Fun to read, has some hilarious pictures, and the only thread of its kind.
Tags: funny , pictures , quotes , art , off-topic

How Luigi's ATs Work by elheber
An episodic analysis of Luigi's ATs and how they work. It's more a guide on how ATs work more than how to perform them or how to use them. Still, you may understand the game better. Very much incomplete.
Tags: analysis , AT , advanced

Luigi Tourney Discussion by HURRICANE REV
A general discussion about Luigi in the tourney scene and results of tourneys from various board memebers along with some videos of tourney matches.
Tags: discussion , tourney , videos , singles , doubles , advanced

Glide Tossing with Luigi Guide by MasterKoga
An in-depth guide and analysis of Luigi's glide tossing AT. From how to perform it, to data, to tips... it's all here.
Tags: guide , list , analysis , data , AT , advanced

ARCHIVE
Guides and other threads that are very old, obsolete, or no longer active.​

Luigi's Basement Journal by Delta BP26
An in-depth guide and review of each of Luigi's attacks and specials; although, it only has his attacks. It hasn't been updated in a long time, but the information it has is still relevant today.
Tags: guide , moves , moveset, attacks , rating , review

A Super Luigi FAQ by SparkED
An FAQ for absolute beginners who are unfamiliar with Brawl. Was more useful when Brawl was new.
Tags: FAQ , beginner , basics

The Green Machine by locuan128
An in-depth strategy guide for Luigi. The metagame in it is very old and the ATs are few, but the raw data is spot-on and the overall strategy tips are still important today.
Tags: guide , strategy , data , AT , basics , advanced , moves

The Incredible, "Edible", Fireball by SparkED
An in-depth Guide to Luigi's Fireball. It's incomplete and very old, but it was in-depth and is the only guide of its kind.
Tags: guide , strategy , fireball , basics

Luigi Board Table of Contents by ALiAsVee
The original Table of Contents off of which this Luigi Board Index was based. Itused to be the official thread guide for the Luigi Boards and it includes many older threads I chose not to have here.
Tags: thread , guide , board , contents , index , official

Updates:
15-August-2009: Created. TODO: Change formatting a bit to make more readable.
16-August-2009: Changed original color scheme to a more toned-down version.
18-August-2009: Added "Honing In" by Delvro.
27-August-2009: Updated intro.
27-September-2009: Added the Official Luigi Match-Up Thread by DTP. It looks promising.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
It looks fine to replace, though you can make this thread speak out and read to you and newcomers still probably won't use it. No offense to you, I like your tags, that's a good bit. Color Contrast and condensed, I'd have a mod replace my ToC for this, since mine has worn out.

Did you pull all of the threads from my ToC? I went back and marked inactive threads and erased irrelevant threads. The information is legit except I didn't add the Koga's glide toss guide.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Where is Atash? I hope he comes back.

I know it's new, but may I suggest a few things Elheber?

It's a little clustered, because we want people to use, it, I think another space between the lines would be nice. Also to make it inviting, add some pictures here and there and make a fancy font title.

Hmm?

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
There's a couple things on this LBI that isn't in the ToC, ALiAs.

Yeah, hippster, we got the ToC but I got tired of waiting for ALiAs to update/improve it. I thought he had left.

I'm gonna add pictures and whatnot when I get the chance; definetly good advice. As for spaces, I'll look for other ways of keeping it organized without making the OP unnecessarily long (which is why the intro of the OP is so small). Like WIGI's advice. Good stuff. And of course you can give suggestions... it's encouraged in the OP.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
That's a good plan you have laid out so far. If you need help, I'm here. Also I think this softer green is nicer, it's easier on the eyes.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Why do you people use AIM, I thought that was for old people. Come on and just use MSN.

Also, tell ALiAs to come back. He's a good man.

EDIT: Oh, wait, he lurks, so he can read this. ^^^

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
My bit on updating is that I lose enthusiasm when people ask questions on things they can find on the ToC. Readability is fine if people read it >_> . With New mains coming in and going, I lose motivation and move on to different topics, like shield bouncing with Luigi.

I lurk cause I got nothing to say xD, Hippie knows I'm alive, and Zhao. Just hit me up on aim or something, aliasvotescu < ---- . I'm on almost all the time.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
You can PM any mod, I'll let you do it since it's your thread. But, I asked Samurai Panda and he did it nice and fast. And then I asked Youko the second time, he never responded.
You know he saw, it, he just chose to not see it.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Updated to include:

Official Luigi Match-Up Thread by DTP
The current in-progress Luigi matchup guide which promises to be unlike any other... complete. It's organized as a master thread which summarizes and links to separate individual matchup threads for each character.
Tags: strategy , guide , match , matchup , advanced , official , character

crewster

Smash Lord
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE CHATROOM WHILE I WOZ AWAY>

and no, im not permnantly back

TheMike

Smash Lord
The OP says that all threads that deserve a sticky are listed. But seriously, just some of those really need to be stickied IMO. I would rather have the Q&A, Matchup, Video Threads and a Guide stickied than only this one, that can be used as a Directory the way other boards use(listing useful threads that aren't stickied, such as the one talking about Jab1's follow ups).

Edit: PX explained me somethings, please disconsider what's written above. :]

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
This might be weird but I just re-edited my guide. Fixed some grammatical errors and erroneous information. Should be up to date now.

GUIDE

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Last post in 2010

*decides to post in old thread*

lol might as well revive it then....

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Well it is the index of the topics covered in the Luigi boards. And where the guides are located. I wont say anything else because I might portray the wrong idea.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Well it is the index of the topics covered in the Luigi boards. And where the guides are located. I wont say anything else because I might portray the wrong idea.
oh wow. hey dude I thought you old guys were dead? cool to see you updated your thread I'll check it out and btw I met El herber at apex 2012. I NEVER KNEW IT WAS HIM UNTIL I GOT HOME :( :( :(

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
oh wow. hey dude I thought you old guys were dead? cool to see you updated your thread I'll check it out and btw I met El herber at apex 2012. I NEVER KNEW IT WAS HIM UNTIL I GOT HOME :( :( :(
Aww man that sucks lol. I got to meet hippiedude around two years ago in New York. But that was one of the last tournaments I competed in. Regardless, hope you like what I did. It wasn't anything revolutionary. Just fixing some stuff here and there.

Top Bottom