• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lucky me? and why I hate timd matches

stratele

Smash Apprentice
right I had this online game today, with anyone. And I had a lucky win,

I was toon link, and there was a meta knight, pikachu and someone else? Final destination stage

In the last 10 seconds, I was attacking meta knight, I used the standard AAA.
Meanwhile on the other side of the stage, the other character smashed pikachu with high percentage. So he went flying. About to go off. BUT! Pikachu connected with my AAA attack, the 2nd hit. It dident change his direction, and because I was the last to hit him. I got the kill. Which made me win. It would of been sudden death otherwise.

Yeh I know its in my faviour, but thats why I hate timed matches. Also people stealing kills, but thats life.

Why cant it be just a 3 stock match!

offtopic: my first thread on this site :chuckle:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i agree. i know u cant change it form 2min match, but at least the option of 2min or 3 stock wud b nice..
make for a more calm game at least... not so frenzied to get all the kills u know?

PCHU

Smash Lord
But there would be no LAWL I TOTALLY PWN'D YOU AT SUDDEN DEATH with 3 stocks...
I've tried.
One person HAS to die before the other.

MPH Deku

Smash Journeyman
I like timed matches if there are 3 or more players. Do you enjoy sitting there waiting for everyone else to finish after you do.

And don't tell me you never lose, we all lose sometimes.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
the only good thing about timed matches, is that your always fighting.

Also stock matches with a time of 5 minutes? That is resonable. And if its a tie at the end of that 5 mins isent there a sudden death anyway?

but yeh, at the end on timed matches, if i'm losing, i'm always finding myself picking on the player with the biggest percentage. Stock won't really do that.

Satyrium

Smash Cadet
I like timed matches if there are 3 or more players. Do you enjoy sitting there waiting for everyone else to finish after you do.

And don't tell me you never lose, we all lose sometimes.
I actually enjoy that. It lets me get off the couch and get some exercise XD

Top Bottom