• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
So, I asked this question yesterday, but it was overshadowed (rightfully so) by the reveal of alt colors for Lucina, so I think I will just ask it again now XP

Out of curiosity, what builds do you go with for Lucina in your games?

In my current Lunatic run-through I have Sumia!Lucina running Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Pavise, and Limmit Break. This works fairly well, since she has a 28% chance to trigger Aether, and then a 40.3% chance of Luna triggering, so 68.3% chance of an attack doing extra dmg

For my spotpass team I have Galeforce replaced with Aegis.

I eventually plan to do a FemRobin x Chrom playthrough, in which Lucina can become the best support unit in the game, with her running Dual Strike +, Dual Defense +, Dual Support +, Amthema, and Bond

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So, I asked this question yesterday, but it was overshadowed (rightfully so) by the reveal of alt colors for Lucina, so I think I will just ask it again now XP

Out of curiosity, what builds do you go with for Lucina in your games?

In my current Lunatic run-through I have Sumia!Lucina running Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Pavise, and Limmit Break. This works fairly well, since she has a 28% chance to trigger Aether, and then a 40.3% chance of Luna triggering, so 68.3% chance of an attack doing extra dmg

For my spotpass team I have Galeforce replaced with Aegis.

I eventually plan to do a FemRobin x Chrom playthrough, in which Lucina can become the best support unit in the game, with her running Dual Strike +, Dual Defense +, Dual Support +, Amthema, and Bond
I have a Bride class Olivia!Lucina with Aether, Astra, Rightful King, Bond, and Galeforce.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
If I ever do a an Olivia!Lucina I would go full glass cannon Lucina, with her as a Swordmaster running Galeforce, Luna, Aether, Swordfaire, and Vantage/Limmit Break (replacing the former with the later lategame)

Oh, I also have Lucina as a Great Lord in the first build. And yes, I know she'd have better stats and same weapon choice if I made her a paladin.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If I ever do a an Olivia!Lucina I would go full glass cannon Lucina, with her as a Swordmaster running Galeforce, Luna, Aether, Swordfaire, and Vantage/Limmit Break (replacing the former with the later lategame)

Oh, I also have Lucina as a Great Lord in the first build. And yes, I know she'd have better stats and same weapon choice if I made her a paladin.
I normally keep her as a Great Lord.
Anyways, got any pictures to help recover from the disappointment of no Ridley or Mewtwo, and Snake being cut?

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I normally keep her as a Great Lord.
Anyways, got any pictures to help recover from the disappointment of no Ridley or Mewtwo, and Snake being cut?
The reason making her a Paladin is technically better is thus... she'd takes an -2 to skill and -4 to speed for +2 str, +2 def, and +2 res. Since Sumia as a parent gives her really good speed and skill anyways, this would yeild her much more balanced stats, not to mention extra movement and better pair up bonuses for my slightly more sword focused Robin... though screw that noise, she looks better as a Great Lord.

Also, I take back making Olivia!Lucina a swordmaster. Doing so would mean -2 str, -7 def, and -2 res compared to Great Lord for +2 speed , +2 skill, and a completely useless +5 to magic, as well as the inability to have lances for a ranged backup weapon. So now I realise making her a swordmaster is an really bad idea, lol.

I'll post a picture when I get home. Also, there are rumors that this game might have DLC, and that some characters like Snake would be included in said DLC, if alleged leaks are to be believed.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Well with the roster revealed, I hope Lucy (which is really just an extension of clone hate and disappointment) hate doesn't get the supporters of her down. Here's to hoping my idea of DLC decloning characters that deserve it comes to fruitation (which is basically everyone except Dr. Mario because we know the Doc. best as a clone)!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well with the roster revealed, I hope Lucy (which is really just an extension of clone hate and disappointment) hate doesn't get the supporters of her down. Here's to hoping my idea of DLC decloning characters that deserve it comes to fruitation (which is basically everyone except Dr. Mario because we know the Doc. best as a clone)!
We shouldn't worry. It's the Doctor Mario and Dark Pit supporters who will get hate.

Just continue with your regularly scheduled business and leave the haters to themselves.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
We shouldn't worry. It's the Doctor Mario and Dark Pit supporters who will get hate.

Just continue with your regularly scheduled business and leave the haters to themselves.
Funny thing is that I like Doc., but I don't think he's justified for returning while I can provide a decent explanation for why Dark Pit is in, but I hate him.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The reason making her a Paladin is technically better is thus... she'd takes an -2 to skill and -4 to speed for +2 str, +2 def, and +2 res. Since Sumia as a parent gives her really good speed and skill anyways, this would yeild her much more balanced stats, not to mention extra movement and better pair up bonuses for my slightly more sword focused Robin... though screw that noise, she looks better as a Great Lord.

Also, I take back making Olivia!Lucina a swordmaster. Doing so would mean -2 str, -7 def, and -2 res compared to Great Lord for +2 speed , +2 skill, and a completely useless +5 to magic, as well as the inability to have lances for a ranged backup weapon. So now I realise making her a swordmaster is an really bad idea, lol.

I'll post a picture when I get home. Also, there are rumors that this game might have DLC, and that some characters like Snake would be included in said DLC, if alleged leaks are to be believed.
If Snake came back as DLC, I would be so happy. I've also heard that the Wii U version will get Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Chorus Men as timed exclusive DLC.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
If Snake came back as DLC, I would be so happy. I've also heard that the Wii U version will get Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Chorus Men as timed exclusive DLC.
Anyhow, here's the picture I promised for when I got home.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I love the Hot Springs Scramble conversation for them. So cute.
I know, right? There is so much good stuff in there! I mean, it has a good deal of foreshadowing and makes the confrontation in chapter 21 even better, with Lucina mentioning she doesn't know what would happen if she had to choose between robin and her mission, that she'd have to pick the world over him. Then she is later faced with that very choice, which in the end she discovers that Robin is more important to her and she can't sacrifice him for her duty.

Couple that with Robin promising to be with her for the rest of his life, even if he has to come back from the dead to do it (which, you know, in the sacrfice ending, he totally keeps that promise), to bring on all the "d'aaaaawww"s

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know, right? There is so much good stuff in there! I mean, it has a good deal of foreshadowing and makes the confrontation in chapter 21 even better, with Lucina mentioning she doesn't know what would happen if she had to choose between robin and her mission, that she'd have to pick the world over him. Then she is later faced with that very choice, which in the end she discovers that Robin is more important to her and she can't sacrifice him for her duty.

Couple that with Robin promising to be with her for the rest of his life, even if he has to come back from the dead to do it (which, you know, in the sacrfice ending, he totally keeps that promise), to bring on all the "d'aaaaawww"s
I'm irked there's no postgame story-wise for this reason. It just resets you back to Grima, which suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Shows just how much she develops as a character over the course of the game.
I'm irked there's no postgame story-wise for this reason. It just resets you back to Grima, which suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
Thank God, there are quite a few good fanfics about the postgame.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Ah, classic.

Looking back in the thread brings back memories of my joining.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Ah, yes, memories, it seems like only two days ago i joined this thread... wait a minute.

Ahem, so, to cover up for my bad joke, ummm, more pictures!

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I GOT A JUB.

NUMBERS, NUMBERS, BUSINESS, PAPERS.

OP WILL DELIVER, BUT NOT DELIVER NAO.

The game releases october 3rd. Sit Tight.

Also, stop posting cute lucina pics. Are you guys trying to kill me, seriously.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I GOT A JUB.

NUMBERS, NUMBERS, BUSINESS, PAPERS.

OP WILL DELIVER, BUT NOT DELIVER NAO.

The game releases october 3rd. Sit Tight.
lol

prease understahnd

don't worry it's k

yes we are trying to kill you, it wasnt obvious? :seuss:

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Alright guys, the game officially drops in less than 12 hours. My game plan is to create a full breakdown of Lucina's moveset data as soon as I unlock her.
My checklist right now consists of:
  1. Create template and moveset data analysis thread (I might draw up title banner artwork tonight as well)
  2. Delve into her move's damage values. (Most important for Marth comparisons)
  3. Brief descriptions of her moves.
  4. Test KO percents for moves on Mario. (Will test lighter and heavier characters later)
  5. Grab pictures of moves (I'd rather not have animated gif. they slow down page loading times and having 30 spoiler tags is ugly)
  6. Test walk speed, run speed, jump height, & air speed
  7. Test attack speed, start-up time, and cool-down time
Extra stuff if I can get it:
  • General comparisons to Marth
  • Snapshots of all costumes with and w/o mask
  • Taunt pictures
  • Find simple combos (like D-Tilt > Up-Tilt, that sort of stuff)
Seem like a decent checklist to start with?

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Alright guys, the game officially drops in less than 12 hours. My game plan is to create a full breakdown of Lucina's moveset data as soon as I unlock her.
  1. Create template and moveset data analysis thread (I might draw up title banner artwork tonight as well)
  4. Test KO percents for moves on Mario. (Will test lighter and heavier characters later)
  5. Grab pictures of moves (I'd rather not have animated gif. they slow down page loading times and having 30 spoiler tags is ugly)
  • Taunt pictures
Definitely looking forward to seeing all of that, particularly your numbers 2, 6, and 7. I'm very curious as to just how much she is different from Marth, as well as how the Mask appears in alternate costumes (because I love every last one of those alts..)

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
  • Taunt pictures
Very nice, very nice :grin:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
On the E-Shop sale, Lucina is now listed as a newcomer. So they corrected their mistake.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
So I finished the banner and I have the thread template saved to WordPad ready for later. I went for cute with this one but I might try a different style at some point. This will do for the time being.

I also made an alteration with dumb memes.

But anyway, I'm off to bed for a few hours. See you on the release hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom