• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It was inevitable. :seuss: Funny enough, the Robin Social Thread almost followed suit at around the same time, yet sadly the chain was broken. :ohwell:
I hate it when people break the chain. It makes me sad :c.

That's cute :seuss:

Today is a sad day, I just saved over my first FE:A playthrough so I could get started on my Lunatic/Classic Robcina playthrough. I still have my Lunatic/Casual with them paired though.
I know the feeling. I also hate deleting saves I worked so hard on. It hurts:c.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Today is a sad day, I just saved over my first FE:A playthrough so I could get started on my Lunatic/Classic Robcina playthrough. I still have my Lunatic/Casual with them paired though.
My condolences. Deleting your first FE:A play through is not easy but it is necessary unfortunately. 3 save files just isn't enough. :c

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
As a person who has played through 8 (now 9) playthroughs, I know the feeling. I recently saved over my first Lunatic Classic playthrough to do another one.

Also, I have a new name for the DLC map Harvest Scramble. I now call it Trollfest Scramble.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
As a person who has played through 8 (now 9) playthroughs, I know the feeling. I recently saved over my first Lunatic Classic playthrough to do another one.

Also, I have a new name for the DLC map Harvest Scramble. I now call it Trollfest Scramble.
Yeah.

On the bright side I am halfway done with Frederick Emblem: Fredwakening, just got chapters 3 and 4 to do. I still have 13 uses on the Silver Lance too, and managed to pick up an Elwood's Blade from an event tile.

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
Yeah.

On the bright side I am halfway done with Frederick Emblem: Fredwakening, just got chapters 3 and 4 to do. I still have 13 uses on the Silver Lance too, and managed to pick up an Elwood's Blade from an event tile.
I recommend pairing Frederick with Chrom and then give Frederick the Javelin so he can kill the archers. Then use the rest of your units to finish off the units on the left. Have Fred go take on the units on the right. Also, Vaike's Iron Ake is really useful... on Frederick.

This seems highly relevant now:

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I recommend pairing Frederick with Chrom and then give Frederick the Javelin so he can kill the archers. Then use the rest of your units to finish off the units on the left. Have Fred go take on the units on the right. Also, Vaike's Iron Ake is really useful... on Frederick.

This seems highly relevant now:
I have been pairing Chrom is Frederick.

Unfortunately this will require some trading shenanigans, since the items are all over the place right now. At least I can use Chrom as a pack mule for all the extra weapons.

Also, do I send Freddy to the left, have him fight the stuff over there, then next turn run to the right? Or just have him go right and hope everyone can take the stuff to the left?

(this is my first Lunatic run without the safety net of casual)

Last edited:

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
I have been pairing Chrom is Frederick.

Unfortunately this will require some trading shenanigans, since the items are all over the place right now. At least I can use Chrom as a pack mule for all the extra weapons.

Also, do I send Freddy to the left, have him fight the stuff over there, then next turn run to the right? Or just have him go right and hope everyone can take the stuff to the left?

(this is my first Lunatic run without the safety net of casual)

This is my strategy:

1: Preparation- Frederick has an Iron Sword, an Iron Axe, the Elixir, and eventually the Javelin. Chrom has the Rapier equipped.
2: Pair Fred with Chrom and have him go to the left of Kellum. Have Chrom Talk with Kellum, and then trade his Javelin to Fred. Switch to Fred. Pair other units to your liking, but make sure they are not in the danger zone.
3: 2 units should remain on the left, A soldier and a knight. Move Fred all the way to the right and heal him. Use your remaining units to kill the 2 units on the left. The Avatar should be able to kill the knight, and everyone else will work on the Soldier. Make sure none of the units on the right can attack your units on the left.
4. There should be a couple of units left on the right. Switch to the Iron Axe and finish them off.
5. Heal Fred with Lissa. Have him go to the left door and use the door key.
6. Remain in the lower part of the staircase and switch to the Iron Sword. The Bows shouldn't do too much damage, and if you want to survive the hammer, the sword must be equipped.
7. With the Hammer you just got, kill Raimi.

That's my general strategy.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
This is my strategy:

1: Preparation- Frederick has an Iron Sword, an Iron Axe, the Elixir, and eventually the Javelin. Chrom has the Rapier equipped.
2: Pair Fred with Chrom and have him go to the left of Kellum. Have Chrom Talk with Kellum, and then trade his Javelin to Fred. Switch to Fred. Pair other units to your liking, but make sure they are not in the danger zone.
3: 2 units should remain on the left, A soldier and a knight. Move Fred all the way to the right and heal him. Use your remaining units to kill the 2 units on the left. The Avatar should be able to kill the knight, and everyone else will work on the Soldier. Make sure none of the units on the right can attack your units on the left.
4. There should be a couple of units left on the right. Switch to the Iron Axe and finish them off.
5. Heal Fred with Lissa. Have him go to the left door and use the door key.
6. Remain in the lower part of the staircase and switch to the Iron Sword. The Bows shouldn't do too much damage, and if you want to survive the hammer, the sword must be equipped.
7. With the Hammer you just got, kill Raimi.

That's my general strategy.
I kinda figured that out on my own, but then I got freaken crited right near the end. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Edit: ah-ha, suck it game, I did it on the second try. Only one more chapter to go

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Good luck on your Lunatic/Classic run!

And I don't have the heart to erase over my original any time soon. I've poured so much time into it. Have I mentioned that I'd love more save files as DLC for Awakening?

Maybe one day far down the line when I finish my other two runs I'll erase one file and do it all again, but right now, I'm too attached to my three files.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Good luck on your Lunatic/Classic run!

And I don't have the heart to erase over my original any time soon. I've poured so much time into it. Have I mentioned that I'd love more save files as DLC for Awakening?

Maybe one day far down the line when I finish my other two runs I'll erase one file and do it all again, but right now, I'm too attached to my three files.
Finally, I have completed Chapter 4. Frederick Emblem: Fredwakening complete. Now I can actually begin actual Lunatic mode (since now I can access the Outrealm Gate and thus use EXPonential Growth to grind so everyone who is not Frederick can survive more than one hit.)

Also, the file i deleted was my least played file. And since I have another file for the same pairing but with much better stuff and more time sunk into it...

But anyways, I am in no real rush to complete this file, since I stll have my F!Robin run to continue. I just decided to start it now so I can check back every day for Annas to appear selling Seals, which I will stockpile for one I really pick it up in what I predict will be a month or so from now.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Finally, I have completed Chapter 4. Frederick Emblem: Fredwakening complete. Now I can actually begin actual Lunatic mode (since now I can access the Outrealm Gate and thus use EXPonential Growth to grind so everyone who is not Frederick can survive more than one hit.)
I remember when I first played Awakening just constantly leaning on Frederick the first few chapters. I tried to avoid it in my other two runs with varying degrees of success (in my Yarne/Robin run, he was the first to S-Support, further making him broken in the first half of the game next to everyone else).

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I remember when I first played Awakening just constantly leaning on Frederick the first few chapters. I tried to avoid it in my other two runs with varying degrees of success (in my Yarne/Robin run, he was the first to S-Support, further making him broken in the first half of the game next to everyone else).
Well in Lunatic, literally the only way to beat the first 5 missions is to have Frederick carry the team on his back.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Well in Lunatic, literally the only way to beat the first 5 missions is to have Frederick carry the team on his back.
So, basically...

I can totally see that happening, though. He's already an advanced class with a Silver weapon equipped from the start and able to weild three different kinds of weapons, and he gets Luna quickly.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
So, basically...

I can totally see that happening, though. He's already an advanced class with a Silver weapon equipped from the start and able to weild three different kinds of weapons, and he gets Luna quickly.
Also hes effectively an level 11 character at the start of the game, wherein Lunatic most things oneshot everyone else.

So... How long should I torture this guy for?
However long you want. Also, what video, so I can help if I need to.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Write down a super long post for me to reply with, please.

Nope. It's gameinformer
I will do so later, i need to get home and do some stuff first. So reply on your own, and if he still disagrees I will back you up.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I will do so later, i need to get home and do some stuff first. So reply on your own, and if he still disagrees I will back you up.
I'm going to wait until you write something. I'm sick of dealing with this guy, and fem-Spock waifu.

Shaymikyu

I'm going to wait until you write something. I'm sick of dealing with this guy, and fem-Spock waifu.
...A Miriel fanboy?

Gregor/Miriel is probably one of my favorite FE:A pairs, actually. Cute supports, Gregor fitting Laurent's father support, and a broken Laurent.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Okay, let me come up with a quick list

<> She is one of 8 characters who get two whole new marrage specfic conversations during the Scramble DLC, so more content there if you pair up with her over others.

<> Gameplay: She is arguably one of the most powerful 2ed generation characters, with only Morgan and the Robin-fathered versions of the other 2ed gens being stronger (and her Robin-mothered version is just as strong as the later)

<> Her personality: Lucina is one of the more psychologically complex characters, being simultaneously very grown up and childlike at the same time. She grew up in a hellish apocalypse world starting when she was only around 10 years old, forcing her to grown up very quickly. She has gone through more than most people during her teens than most others have: making her incredibly driven, serious, and willing to make hard choices. Yet at the same time she is still very childlike in how she interacts with others, almost certainly from having her childhood cut short. She gets embarrassed easily, and over all doesn't really know how to interact socially as an adult. You can see this in her supports with her parents and her siblings. It has this interesting duality of her being simultaneously one of the most serious and grownup-like characters, while also have a side that still at heart someone who never had the chance to finish her childhood.

In addition, she managed to be both a very strong character, while also being vulnerable at the same time, adding some more complexity. Rather than list all of the examples, I will focus on one moment, the cutscene in chapter 13. Imagine what Lucina must have been going through up to that point. Coming to the past, having a chance to see her parents alive again after what was for her years of them being dead, yet being unable to say who she was. Having to spend two years alone, keeping her distance, probably watching over her family from afar. Two years alone, not know what happened to friends, not know if they were even alive or dead, having last seen them entering the portal leading to the past only for them to not emerge on the other side with her.

Then, after all of that, when she finally reveals who she is to her father, the first thing Chrom does is apologies to her for everything that happened to her, having realized that she comes from a future where he failed his daughter, where he left her "with nothing more than a sword and a world of troubles". Its no wonder she broke down then, letting everything she'd bottled up for years out at that very moment.

<> Her (potential) relationship with M!Robin: This is probably one of the most deep relationships in the game, in no small part due to the extra content it gets, that also adds to the main story. This is expressed through the Hotspring conversation they have, as well as the unique version of the Judgment scene in chapter 21. In this conversation it is revealed that one of Lucina's greatest fears at this point is of having to be forced to pick between Robin and her mission to save the world. She says that if that were to happen, she would have to choose the mission, since its too important, and feeling guilty that she can't put Robin above all else as she should. Well, chapter 21 rolls around and Lucina is faced with that very choice. She can kill Robin there, and in her mind stop what happens in her timeline. This is where the unique version rolls in, as even with Robin telling her to do it, even with Chrom not yet stepping in to stop her, Lucina realises that she can't do it, that she can't kill the man she loves, even if logic and her duty say otherwise. She is faced with the choice she feared, and comes to a different conclusion, that for all that the parallel Robin did, she cannot bring herself to harm the man she loves.

Finally the hotspring scene reveals something shocking about their relationship... the true extent that Lucina cares about Robin. At the end of the conversation, after he leaves, she reveals (speaking to herself) that Robin is the dearest thing to her in the world, and that she would consider herself the luckiest woman alive if she were to have a chance to grow old with him (something she was afraid wouldn't happen, since she thinks she will need to return to her own timeline). Furthermore she reveals that Robin and the future she wants with him has become her biggest motivation to the save the world. That's right, her other motivation of stopping her parents death and creating a world where others can grow up free of the horrible future she lived and that her younger self can have the childhood she was deprived, all of those are not her main motivation. She cares for Robin more than all of that. It is shown here that despite her fears and her misison, she truely loves him above all else.

Also there is the fact that Robin promises her and not other possible spouse that he will support her for the rest of his life, no matter what happens. That if she decides to go back to her own time, he would leave everyone to get with her. That even if he died, he would find a way to come back to life, just for her... which if you sacrifice yourself at the end, the epilogue shows that he keeps this promise. All of the touchingness and feels right there.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Okay, let me come up with a quick list

Her personality: Lucina is one of the more psychologically complex characters, being simultaneously very grown up and childlike at the same time. She grew up in a hellish apocalypse world starting when she was only around 10 years old, forcing her to grown up very quickly. She has gone through more than most people during her teens than most others have: making her incredibly driven, serious, and willing to make hard choices. Yet at the same time she is still very childlike in how she interacts with others, almost certainly from having her childhood cut short. She gets embarassed easily, and over all doesn't really know how to interact socially as an adult. You can see this in her supports with her parents and her siblings. It has this interesting duality of her being simultaneously one of the most serious and grownup-like characters, while also have a side that still at heart someone who never had the chance to finish her childhood.

I will add more when i get home.
Thanks!

Shaymikyu

I guess the closest I'd be to an extreme fan of anyone in Awakening is Morgan, but even then, I'd just get defensive over him/her. Can't see me bashing anyone to make him/her look better.

Shaymikyu

Same. Her and Lucina. Also, you got pranked.
Yeah, it kind of annoys me when people call Lucina too serious. If she's not your cup of tea, fine, but she went through a lot. Plus, she still has a lighthearted side.

And I figured it was you.:4dk:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Um, what are you guys talking about? I hate it when i miss the discuss, especially when it's an awesome one

*looks at Robin social thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom