• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina: Separate character or costume? (Confirmed separate character)

Costume or character?

• Costume

Votes: 81 31.4%
  • Character

Votes: 177 68.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Differences in their slash? What differences? You are grasping at straws.

Lucina's slashes seem to have different trails compared to Marth. While Marth's focuses on the tip of the blade. Lucina's covers it entirely.

Which more or less suggests that they will have different effects from each other and that she is indeed a different character and not a mere alt.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Differences in their slash? What differences? You are grasping at straws.
No, it's true... It's already been proven in another thread. Marths slashes are more powerful at the tip and Lucinas is the same power no matter where it hits. It was proven through pictures.
Edit: Kikwi-Kiwi posted the pictures for you!

Last edited:

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
Shes a character! If not why the heck Male fit trainer or female vilager don't have a box on the website????

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Ugh, I hope we get a Lucina potd today to put this to rest. It seems pretty obvious she's a newcomer, but I guess we need complete confirmation to please some people.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Ugh, I hope we get a Lucina potd today to put this to rest. It seems pretty obvious she's a newcomer, but I guess we need complete confirmation to please some people.
Sakurai on today's PotD: "Because apparently you guys can't take a hint despite that we listed Lucina in her own character box with the word newcomer, the answer is yes, she is a ****ing new character".

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Marths slashes are more powerful at the tip and Lucinas is the same power no matter where it hits. It was proven through pictures.
Proven through pictures. Yeah okay right

Only time (and Sakurai) will tell. But if she is revealed as a costume I will gloat

Noctes

Smash Cadet
I have a lot of trouble believing she's just a glorified costume for Marth, and they have given us absolutely no reason to believe otherwise.

Clone, yes. Costume, no. She has her own box, her own portrait, it says "Newcomer" on her page on the main site, some of her attacks have been 'proven' to have slightly different properties (no extra tip damage for one), etc etc. Thinking she's just a simple alternate costume for Marth to me is just plain silly.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai on today's PotD: "Because apparently you guys can't take a hint despite that we listed Lucina in her own character box with the word newcomer, the answer is yes, she is a ****ing new character".
It is an unprecedented reveal, however. I do not necessarily blame the confusion, it is obvious that she is a newcomer, but I am curious as to what extent. Perhaps she shares a slot with Marth? Her box is not elongated, her text introduction is not consistent, and Sakurai alluded to the reveal in a singular context.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Proven through pictures. Yeah okay right

Only time (and Sakurai) will tell. But if she is revealed as a costume I will gloat
Kikwi-Kiwi posted the pictures for you that prove it... Idk why you are in denial but whatever, believe what you want I guess.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It is an unprecedented reveal, however. I do not necessarily blame the confusion, it is obvious that she is a newcomer, but I am curious as to what extent. Perhaps she shares a slot with Marth? Her box is not elongated, her text introduction is not consistent, and Sakurai alluded to the reveal in a singular context.
While stuff like not having an elongated box is strange indeed, at the end is just a meaningless detail that is not worth dwelling into.
We could pick other stuff apart like "why didn't Cp. Falcon had a tagline like previous veterans?" or "why does the mii fighters have no trailer in their character box?" but sometimes nothing good comes from over analyzing.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
He did allude to the reveal in a singular context, but then he posted a pic of the reveal poster and mentioned the "newcomers." Plural. I think it's clear he just wanted to hide the fact that two characters were being revealed until it happened. Lucina's her own slot.

Morbi

Scavenger
He did allude to the reveal in a singular context, but then he posted a pic of the reveal poster and mentioned the "newcomers." Plural. I think it's clear he just wanted to hide the fact that two characters were being revealed until it happened. Lucina's her own slot.
I did not even notice as I have yet to analyze the poster. I usually just skip those to be honest. I am just asserting that it is not unreasonable for people to be confused, I certainly was after the reveal. Obviously I came to terms with the fact that she was a newcomer once Sakurai clarified, but people are acting as though it is utterly overt despite obvious clues that would lead to a false first impression.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I really can't understand why people are coming to Lucina's confirmed character thread on Smashboards after seeing her listed under the Characters section on the official SmashBros website and still claiming she's going to be an alt. costume.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I did not even notice as I have yet to analyze the poster. I usually just skip those to be honest. I am just asserting that it is not unreasonable for people to be confused, I certainly was after the reveal. Obviously I came to terms with the fact that she was a newcomer once Sakurai clarified, but people are acting as though it is utterly overt despite obvious clues that would lead to a false first impression.
Oh I know, I was just hoping I could help clarify things a bit, is all.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
I really can't understand why people are coming to Lucina's confirmed character thread on Smashboards after seeing her listed under the Characters section on the official SmashBros website and still claiming she's going to be an alt. costume.
Ugh, I know. It's getting really annoying...!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah it has been confirmed that she is her own separate character. What a surprise.

Would you guys like me to lock this thread as this issue has been clarified now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom