• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas's surprise f-air

apguy13

Smash Rookie
Ok so basically this technique is good for when you get off of the ledge. It's surprising because they may thing you're gonna grab the ledge. If they're charging an attack however, just dodge as you approach them and hit them before they recover. And yes, I play competitively - This move works well on people who try to juggle you. I can usually hit this on most opponents.

Video : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N7FB4b06YJw

zamz

Smash Journeyman
It could be useful, but it seems dangerous. If you don't time it just right, you're leaving yourself open to be spiked, or knocked even further from the ledge. Considering this technique requires using both jumps to accomplish...if you fail, your only chance to recover is PKT...and that can be canceled by a good player.

I guess it would be best to use only when your opponent is not expecting it in the slightest. This means you probably can't do it more than once in a match, and it's got to be somewhat late into the game when your opponent is desperate to kill you.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
who recorded the match? the guy who recorded must have an iq lower than a dog's because he didnt even bother to record at a straight forward angle... i dont understand whats going on on the video... and still dont see why surprise fair... its just a fair, to be fair ill say its a mindgamed fair

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
I'll give credit where credit is due, there is hella mindgames sometimes in jumping and doing an attack, but I don't see how this was threadworthy, I mean it's not really thoroughly researched, it's not cool or situational, it's just one of those things that can be thought up through general game knowledge and experience of a variety of situations. It's not too buff nor is it terrible, and it counts as a technique but it's not new, thrifty or threadworthy, just a standard use of an aerial in a situation that occurs often.

You could have made it a cool thread by throwing in that you can do an up-air, down-air and neutral air in the same situation, or magnet and land quickly into a grab or something that we might not have thought of.

apguy13

Smash Rookie
who recorded the match? the guy who recorded must have an iq lower than a dog's because he didnt even bother to record at a straight forward angle
Thats what happens when you're webcam cable isn't long enough to get a straight angle at a 37" tv. Btw, very mature.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Ok so basically this technique is good for when you get off of the ledge. It's surprising because they may thing you're gonna grab the ledge. If they're charging an attack however, just dodge as you approach them and hit them before they recover. And yes, I play competitively - This move works well on people who try to juggle you. I can usually hit this on most opponents.

Video : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N7FB4b06YJw
pretty cool , but i do this without noticing its how effective it is.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Glad to see people paying attention to detail. It is only using an aerial at a certain time but could workwell =). Only problem is that using it more than once or twice could make the opponent catch on and shield-grab you (which when you're trying to recover can drive you to insanity at times). Psy.

Top Bottom