• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas's Edge Game

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
Alright, i need to know a good way to edgeguard/kill people off the edge. I know i can PKT edgeguard, but i don't know how to do it. And i know to use the Snake tether recovery for the invincibility frames, but are there any more things i should know about edgeguarding.

Also, what are safe ways to get up if you have high damage and you are coming back to the stage. I saw the video of that thing where you drop off the ledge, then jump, and PKT to hit the opponent, then hit the ground with it if it didn't cancel, and you can grab the ledge, but it leaves you open for a dtilt or dsmash most of the time. Normally, I just drop, jump then fair, but fair doesn't have much priority.

And anything else i should know about his edge game would be greatly appreciated.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
RAR or autoRAR to bair, is the first hit spike, jump, and tether recover, if not, double jump and bair again, then recover with PKT2
if you are hanging in the stage, and someone is waiting for you, drop the stage and zap jump, or jump normally and airdodge

Levitas

the moon
ledgehops will normally work, but ledgejumped dairs work too. When they catch on, do ledgehopped airdodges, or stand to shield. In any event, do them as soon as you are able, don't let them think or plan if possible. Sometimes, stalling with one or two ledgedrops to ropesnake will work out.

As far as edgeguarding, prOAPC got it mostly. Dair can be effective against some characters moreso than bair (Metaknight comes to mind), and stay on the edge against tether recovery characters for the gimp.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
When trying to roll to safety or certain other actions from the ledge, there's less of a hesitation if you do it instantaneously after you grab the ledge. Sometimes you can hop out a bit and use the rope snake, then roll immediately when it pulls you in.

SkYHiGh

Smash Cadet
Careful w/ the roll, it puts you in the same place every time and is therefore punishable.
Yah that's why I would only suggest if possible, or maybe I should have put 'only once or twice.' Actually I got a ? for you. When you roll have you noticed Lucas will sometimes do a slow roll instead making him very vulnerable to attacks? Is there any reason as to why that occurs or is it just because bad timing?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
After 100%, EVERYONE (not just Lucas) gets lower ledgegame.
Slower ledge attacks, slower get up, slower jump, slower everything.

The PKT ledgestall is underrated.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Lucas's ledge attack past 100 still has decent reach though (unlike some chars). On top of that it looks awesome so everyone should do it for cool points. I mean, he prepares the fist before he even pulls the rest of his body up.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Lucas paunch FTWHonestly though, it's not the best idea to use it since it's so slow and obvious. If you want range, PKT ledgestall is the way to go.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
That reminds me, I have yet to try the ledgestall out. I really need to get on that. <_<

EDIT for OTness: I'm fond of using aerials as cover (especially bair), so try that out maybe?

Top Bottom