• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Sig. Rate please?

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
easy work. pattern, and brushes used.

not to say, it's not bad. just really easy to do. looks very standard and enjoyable.

mine on the other hand, no need to brag, but I used no brushes, only smudging, some layer adjustments and a fractal render.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Nice work, I like the background a lot.
Thanks, it's not bad. Took me like 40 minutes to make the whole thing. Although I was taking my time.

not to say, it's not bad. just really easy to do. looks very standard and enjoyable.

mine on the other hand, no need to brag, but I used no brushes, only smudging, some layer adjustments and a fractal render.

I don't enjoy doing difficult sig's. I just like doing something that's good from my perspective.

-Yoon

AvantGarde

Smash Cadet

Not being critical, I'd just like to point out that smudging uses brushes.

As for the sig, it's not bad, just basic. Maybe try taking some different color softbrushes at lighter colors (blues, greens, reds) and brushing them on, then set it to screen. I think it'd help the mood of the sig a bit. Just keep making sigs, you'll be surprised how quickly you get better. =]

Catloaf

Smash Rookie
Hey, I think it looks great, but I do have one or two critiques I could offer, which you can take or leave.
First off, I think that Lucas doesn't distinguish himself from the red background enough to compete with the spark next to him. Second, I think the left side should work to balance out the right a little more. The black areas on the upper left start to do it, but the space isn't being utilized.

I dig it though, and like I said, they're nitpicky criticisms, so you can take them or leave them. Nice work!

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Rofl Levitas

Do some soft light blending between Lucas and the background, it'll make it much smoother!

To person above me very nice :D

Catloaf

Smash Rookie
I like all of them quite a bit. In terms of Jonny's and Pie's, the backgrounds look really cool, and work well with the character. I guess my only suggestion still would be to use more of the space. That's just me though, and the minimalism works too.

Skoox

Smash Cadet
I'd say try to distinguish the focal point more. Add some Sharpens to the Lucas layer, or take the blur brush and blur everything except him. Looking good otherwise.

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
why is it that I cannot post a picture in my sig? I managed to create a sig picture yesterday, but am unable to put it into my profile. how do i do this?

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
I think it's awezum. I'm good at photoshop and all, but not with making spiffy backgrounds for siggys. I prefer to draw them myself XP

But I still love this, so I give it a 8/10!

IDK

Smash Lord
how do you do a sig with a pic in it? when i try it wont let me copy. i said it earlier in the same post but since this is already another one... nice sig. i would use it if i knew how...

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Fudgehead never looked so good :-P

By the way, Lucas's new name is Fudgehead :chuckle:

Top Bottom