• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas' New Final Smash and customs discussion

Should Lucas get a New Final Smash

• Total voters

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to customs,I hope Lucas gets Ness' vacuum alt. The ability to suck in your opponents but not have them right in your face would be nice.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
For PK Thunder, perhaps one that just sends Lucas in the indicated direction as if he were hit by PK Thunder at the cost of not having a controllable projectile anymore and less distance traveled?

EK Chief 128

Smash Rookie
NNID
Uzondu
3DS FC
4253-4894-8173
Perfect final smash idea:
Lucas pulls the last needle the, dragon comes, the stage is destroyed, and everyone dies. Including Lucas. The match ends there with the dragon as the winner.

EK Chief 128

Smash Rookie
NNID
Uzondu
3DS FC
4253-4894-8173
Lucas pulls the final needle, the dragon comes, the stage is destroyed, and everyone dies. Including Lucas. The match ends there with the dragon as the winner.

EDIT: Better yet, Porky is the winner.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Lucas pulls the final needle, the dragon comes, the stage is destroyed, and everyone dies. Including Lucas. The match ends there with the dragon as the winner.

EDIT: Better yet, Porky is the winner.
First off: I bet that was a little website glitch that posted your post twice. Watch out for that.
Second off: That sounds funny, but would not be very fair and cool and because of that, almost nobody would want to play as Lucas.

EK Chief 128

Smash Rookie
NNID
Uzondu
3DS FC
4253-4894-8173
Heh, yeah I was joking. But as much as I like PK Starstorm, I'm still hoping for something less.....random (but still stage-wide).

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Given that his Final Smash wasn't shown, I'm guessing Lucas will have the same one he had in Brawl. Mewtwo's was shown because he got a new one, so if Lucas had a new one, I think they would have shown it. Now, the only difference, I think, will be that it will have the improvements of Ness's.

As for custom moves, seeing that Ness got Lucas's specials, I think it would be cool if Lucas got some of Ness's.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm thinking that he'll have PK Starstorm as a Final Smash, BUT I don't think he'll have customs based on Ness' moves.
For one simple reason: they didn't bother to re-record voice clips, they just used the ones from Brawl.
In other words; Lucas won't be shouting "PK Love" or "PK Flash" anytime soon. That's what I think, at least.

And before anyone says anything about them being placeholder voiceclips; no. When Sonic was revealed people were thinking they just used some clips from his more recent games as placeholders for the time being, turns out it's what we got in the game. Several other characters also kept their Brawl voices.

MonopolyRubix

Smash Rookie
Given that his Final Smash wasn't shown, I'm guessing Lucas will have the same one he had in Brawl. Mewtwo's was shown because he got a new one, so if Lucas had a new one, I think they would have shown it. Now, the only difference, I think, will be that it will have the improvements of Ness's.
If he's getting a new one, it might have not been shown because it's not done yet. He isn't coming out until June.
I think he'll still have Starstorm, but it's something to consider.

ilysm

sleepy
I think it's pretty likely that they haven't finished his Final Smash yet, considering they didn't show it and he's set for release in June. Of course, that could just as easily mean he doesn't have a new one. But I think the reason they showed Mewtwo's is because Mewtwo is a celebrated Melee vet and has never had a Final Smash before (outside of Project M of course, shoutouts). but you know what would be nice? PK Ground. I've always thought that move was super cool, and I loved the idea that Kuma could learn pretty much the most devastating PSI attack in the game.

As far as custom moves, I really hope he gets something cooler than just your standard faster-but-weaker, slower-but-stronger attacks like most of the cast. Fingers crossed for PSI Shield, Teleport, or even Lifeup. Something with variety. I would also like a weaker PK Flash that travels like PK Freeze. Certainly would make me feel better about Ness's PK Freeze being as pointless as the edge of a golf ball.

Caltraps

Smash Rookie
NNID
ResidentBevo
3DS FC
2853-0415-8396
I'm thinking that he'll have PK Starstorm as a Final Smash, BUT I don't think he'll have customs based on Ness' moves.
For one simple reason: they didn't bother to re-record voice clips, they just used the ones from Brawl.
In other words; Lucas won't be shouting "PK Love" or "PK Flash" anytime soon. That's what I think, at least.

And before anyone says anything about them being placeholder voiceclips; no. When Sonic was revealed people were thinking they just used some clips from his more recent games as placeholders for the time being, turns out it's what we got in the game. Several other characters also kept their Brawl voices.
Yeah, Lani Minella did the voice over work back in 2007 or so for Brawl, along with Pit. If they weren't willing to get her to rerecord lines for all of Lucas's moves, there'd be no sense in calling her in to record just 3 or so lines, so it's reasonable to expect he won't be getting PK Flash as a custom, or PK Love as a final smash.

Last edited:

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
all of my being wants Lucas to have Ness's pkf and pkt as customs. I'd also like a further, faster, more spammable (less damage) pkf like Lucas'. Maybe psi Tele for recovery, but I don't think it's all that needed.

ilysm

sleepy
Huh? If anything, Ness's PKF is far less spammable than Lucas's. At least if Lucas's works the same as it did in Brawl. It had far less landing lag; he could SHPKF all day without getting punished.

MainJPW

M.T.A
So Mewtwo lacks specials... Hopefully he gets some later.
The fact that Mewtwo doesn't have specials (at the moment) maybe evidence that Lucas may not receive any either; which would also prove he has the same final smash with no new lines recorded.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I doubt Lucas will get customs after seeing Mewtwo, which is a shame. Even if they just pulled a Lucina/Dark Pit/Doc Mario and gave him Ness's default set and Ness's non-Lucas customs it'd be better than nothing.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I doubt Lucas will get customs after seeing Mewtwo, which is a shame. Even if they just pulled a Lucina/Dark Pit/Doc Mario and gave him Ness's default set and Ness's non-Lucas customs it'd be better than nothing.
According to this Mewtwo was indeed supposed to get customs.

This likely means we'll get customs in a future update.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'd say Lucas, Mewtwo and other DLC characters that may pop up in time will get customs as time passes.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
According to this Mewtwo was indeed supposed to get customs.

This likely means we'll get customs in a future update.
I'm not sure that's the conclusion we can draw. All of the "custom specials" are glitches, which could mean the game is just getting confused that Mewtwo has customs equipped when he's not supposed to and doesn't know what to do. It doesn't necessarily mean the developers put any time into actually implementing customs for him. But if he does get some in the future, (and Lucas gets them, too), that'd be awesome.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I'm not sure that's the conclusion we can draw. All of the "custom specials" are glitches, which could mean the game is just getting confused that Mewtwo has customs equipped when he's not supposed to and doesn't know what to do. It doesn't necessarily mean the developers put any time into actually implementing customs for him. But if he does get some in the future, (and Lucas gets them, too), that'd be awesome.
maybe they will make us pay for the customs as well as the character

Spells

Smash Rookie
The Lucas customs for the Ness situation really makes potential Lucas customs for Lucas seem a little paradoxial in my opinion.

Last edited:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Doesn't look like we'll be getting customs for Lucas--which is a shame, because I was really looking forward to giving him Ness's PK Fire. :/

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
On the bright side, Lucas's neutral B is still infinitely better than any of Ness's variants (even Ness's PK Freeze), because it travels in a lower arc near the ground.

Spells

Smash Rookie
Doesn't look like we'll be getting customs for Lucas--which is a shame, because I was really looking forward to giving him Ness's PK Fire. :/
If this is true then I truly question the legality of customs in tournaments (especially in the meta game). Is it really fair to allow certain characters to be given eight different additional moves to choose from when some characters only have one moveset and no extras?

Would tournament host simply not allow those characters (without customs) instead? This wouldn't seem like a rational choice since Sakuari said customs were for people to play around with and have fun with rather than to be used competitively.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
If this is true then I truly question the legality of customs in tournaments (especially in the meta game). Is it really fair to allow certain characters to be given eight different additional moves to choose from when some characters only have one moveset and no extras?

Would tournament host simply not allow those characters (without customs) instead? This wouldn't seem like a rational choice since Sakuari said customs were for people to play around with and have fun with rather than to be used competitively.
I don't think two characters should hold down 50+.

Spells

Smash Rookie
I don't think two characters should hold down 50+.
50 characters or not it still makes the game slightly more unbalanced competitively. It's not that reason alone customs shouldn't be legal in huge tournaments like Evo though it will add to the case (for people against it).

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
50 characters or not it still makes the game slightly more unbalanced competitively. It's not that reason alone customs shouldn't be legal in huge tournaments like Evo though it will add to the case (for people against it).
How about people stop being whiny lil' pusses and use the options the game gives you?

Spells

Smash Rookie
How about people stop being whiny lil' ****es and use the options the game gives you?
Because Smash with every stage, item, and every other feature the game offers would be a terrible competitive game. Lol.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Because Smash with every stage, item, and every other feature the game offers would be a terrible competitive game. Lol.
Now I ain't saying every tourney should play on Pyrosphere only (though it would be a nice change of pace from the endless Smashville matches), but two characters out of 50+ not having customs is a weak argument on banning them alltogether. Seems like the kinda thing someone who hates customs would jump on to support his or her argument.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Having Lucas's Final Smash being aesthetically replaced by the Dark Dragon/Seven Needles but working just like the old PK Starstorm (But with the starstorm being replaced by meteorites), or working in a more unique way would be cool, and (in my humble opinion) more awesome than PK Love.

mobilisq

Smash Ace

Dlc characters basically are custom characters. Not everyone will purchase them to practice with, just like not everyone will have all customs unlocked to practice with. Tournaments will have them available anyway, and that's where you'll learn the most. Besides, people are free to simply choose a default character to use in a custom tournament, this should be no different

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
PK love or riot. dumb enough that ness didn't get rockin' though.. i somewhat doubt his final smah will change considering that his specials appear to all be the same.(Despite mother 3 having plenty of it's own unique psi like PK FREAKING GROUND)

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
If he even gets custom moves, I think they'll be something like this:

neutral b: PK Flash - green PK Freeze with no freeze but more damage.
Rising PK Freeze - Rises up constantly.

Side b: PK Roast - less range, hits more than once.
PK Bonfire - does more damage, but less range.

Up b: Rolling PK Thunder - similar to ness's
Shocking PK Thunder - More damage, less range.

Down b: Covering PSI Magnet - ness's magnet.
PSI Vaccuum - similar to ness's psi Vaccuum, but in front of him and more damage.

Last edited:

PSI Rockin Ω

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0619-5867-8974
I think Lucas's final smash will remain PK Starstorm. They may change the targeting slightly so that instead of angling like Ness's, it moves side to side while always firing straight down. (Recall how the angle of the meteors was the primary difference between the two in Brawl.) But I can't see them changing it to PK Love, honestly.
I agree with this possibility a lot. It at east shows some variation between both Final Smashes, and I enjoy the concept of moving PK Starstorm horizontally across the stage opposed to angling it from the middle. I'm hoping this is what they consider.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Honestly, I won't be surprised if Lucas's final smash remains PK Starstorm, with the same basic function but slightly different effect than Ness's final smash. I don't know squat about the Mother series, so I can't really give any ideas for custom moves.

I actually like PK Starstorm better in Smash 4 than I did in Brawl, since there's more control.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
I would cry tears of joy if Lucas had a new Final Smash and it would be PK Love. Altough, I doubt it will happen but we can always hope.

Come to think of it, I actually wonder how would Sakurai implement PK Love as a Final Smash. The whole screen gets invaded by Hexagons and weird shapeless lines? Or just a ranged, unimpressive explosion with colors?

Top Bottom