• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas+Ness Tag Team

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
My friend and I have recently started a Lucas (myself) and Ness (friend) doubles team. We play lots of doubles friendlies, friendly fire on, and usually win.

We have a few simple but strategies and setups, but we feel we need to improve our teamwork a lot more.
Just to list a few:
-Healing each other with b moves
-The grab release chain. Everyone knows this one :)
-Sending out a fully charged neutral b when the other is being double teamed up close. They'll usually just back the hell away and the teammate is able to magnet for a lot of free health. High risk/high reward :p
-Simultaneous PKT2 towards the stage. for lulz. :D

Anyone else who uses this tag team have suggestions? Or would anyone else like to contribute?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
PKT2 breaks up crowds, as in people stop what they're doing to avoid it. So if one PK boy is being ganged on, use PKT2 to split the group up. Just make sure he can stay safe also.

If Ness or Lucas is going to fall to their doom, you can use PKT to save them.

PKJesse

Smash Cadet
inb4 double PKT2's heading towards eachother to center in on the opponent.

No really, I should try that. It sounds sexy.

And, if the above post is not a liar [ ): ], then double thunder recovery is win.

:D

Kros

Smash Apprentice
Sexiest Team in Brawl.
Just don't PKT2 into each other though, it'll hurt. :urg:

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
PKT2 breaks up crowds, as in people stop what they're doing to avoid it. So if one PK boy is being ganged on, use PKT2 to split the group up. Just make sure he can stay safe also.

If Ness or Lucas is going to fall to their doom, you can use PKT to save them.
Never thought of using PKT to break up crowds. That's pretty awesome now that I think about it.

Yeah, we use PKT to save each other. It's a bit confusing when both opponents are still alive, but it's something we'll have to get used to. Especially when one person is edgehogging and the other is coming after you.

Kros said:
Sexiest Team in Brawl.
Indeed it is :)

Anymore suggestions?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
One of my friends and I actually do this quite a bit. One of our favorite things to do is to have him (Ness) fire a well-aimed PK Fire from the air. I (Lucas) run in and ready an USmash. He comes in with a FAir in case the opponent runs away from me. Either way, it's been pretty rare for us to miss the combo. An alternative to this is if I use PSI Magnet instead of USmash--it bounces opponent into Ness' attack or heals me a bit if it misses. Either way, at least some damage is done...

PK Thundering to save falls is also nice.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Me and a friend entered a doubles tournament as EB children. It was awesome fun. Unfortunately, G&Ws are stupidly popular at the tourney we go to, so we had a lot of rough matchups. Healing is not really practical, even though we really tried to get it in. Juggling people with two sets of PKT is awesome though. PK Flash and Freeze might also be used to hilarious ends (especially if you magnet your ally's flash/freeze). PKT2 catches people off guard often, considering the chaos.

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
Me and a friend entered a doubles tournament as EB children. It was awesome fun. Unfortunately, G&Ws are stupidly popular at the tourney we go to, so we had a lot of rough matchups. Healing is not really practical, even though we really tried to get it in. Juggling people with two sets of PKT is awesome though. PK Flash and Freeze might also be used to hilarious ends (especially if you magnet your ally's flash/freeze). PKT2 catches people off guard often, considering the chaos.
Yeah, healing is pretty situational. However, some opponents try to stop our Freeze/Flash healing and end up killing themselves in the explosion. Silly :p
It's probably best to do while someone is in a Star KO. Or simply just toss them away with Lucas/Ness far throws. It'll be sufficient time to get maybe 2 pkfs in.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
When there is one guy left,, get him off the stage, then use PKT for healing. It heals the most and is the fastest. It's not the ultimate teamtactic, not is it useless. PSIM cancel really helps here.

PKF is fast, but weak. Freeze and Flash are strong, but slow, this includes quick ucharged ones.

THe best way to heal is stand right in the magnet and repeatedly yse PKT.

Also a note about PKT recovery saving. Be careful when you hit the boy. It's very easy to accidentally hit Lucas' PKT with Ness' and cancel it gimping him horribly, or to make Ness HIT the PKT of Lucas and halve his flight distance. Use it wisely. And remember, do NOT hit with the tail. It stops them, use the head instead.

If you are Lucas, try to hit Ness' back to push him towards the stage. If you are Ness, hit him in the front to pull him to the stage.

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
Hm I haven't really thought of using PKT that much.
Oh, many thanks for the "physics" of PKT assisting. That helps a lot :D

Anyone have approximate percentages each attacks heal?
I believe PKF is 5% or so...

EDIT: Oh nvm. I found it in the Mother Boys FAQ. Kinda lame how Lucas absorbs more than Ness does :/

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is the powerhouse of the team. However, Ness' Fair does so much interrupt and damage that it alone seems to make him better than Lucas. Not to mention Ness' Bair!

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
Lucas is the powerhouse of the team. However, Ness' Fair does so much interrupt and damage that it alone seems to make him better than Lucas. Not to mention Ness' Bair!
I think they're pretty even, though Lucas still favors as the powerhouse.
Ness > Lucas in aerials
Lucas > Ness on ground
So Ness takes care of the air, and Lucas stays on the ground.
I think Ness would be the better damage racker, while Lucas is the finisher.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i play a ness/lucas doubles, a few good combo's i've found

1.easy enough, ness pk fire > grab and hold. then lucas gets close enuf to Usmash w/out hitting his partner, basically isntant ko to anyone over 65ish percent lol

2. a little harder but we've pulled this one off a few times, ness can actually use his dash attack to propel the enemy upwards while lucas is charging his Usmash a little ways behind ness the opponent will usually DI the opposite way while ness is readying a pk Flash, it is avoidable, but with practice its not too hard to actually combo into you and your teammate just need to know each otheres playstyles very well.

3 have lucas PK thunder in front of ness and loop the tail around between him and the opposition, it will keep them from approaching and ness can get a free heal from it, also works with lucas healing but the thunder doesnt pass thru shields and such and loops at a wider angle.

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
My Partner & I pwn sooo many ppl with Ness(me) & Lucas(TJgamer). ask Earthbound360 lmao =) Well we are a very good team, not the best, just good. We have yet to see a Earthbound Team better than ours. (I don't mean to sound cocky.) We also beat Nonessnoproblem & Yoshi/Andre. =) Challenge us sometime.

3 stock no items Team Attack ON.

Top Bottom