• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas frame data. (almost all of it)

Levitas

the moon
If you've never seen frame data before, I list a bunch of numbers that represent the time or quantity for a certain value. Let's use the jab as an example:

jab:
hits:2 (this means that the jab hits on frame 2, or 1/30th of a second after you press A)

hitlag:6 (this means that both you and your opponent are frozen for 6 frames, or a tenth of a second after the move connects)

ends:24 (this means that the move finishes 24 frames after it starts, or four tenths of a second after it begins)

AA:
hits:2,15
hitlag:6,6
ends:44

AAA:
hits:2,15,30
hitlag:6,6,6
ends:58

Dtilt:
hits:3
hitlag:4
ends:14

Utilt:
hits:4
hitlag:3
ends:48

Ftilt:
hits:6
hitlag:6
ends:27

Usmash:
hits:32
hitlag:6-20 varies
ends:123

Dsmash:
hits:20,30,40 if all miss, add 16 frames after a hit
hitlag:16
ends:79 (one hit, add 16 per additional hit)

Fsmash:
hits:14
hitlag:12
ends:58

Dash attack:
hits:16
hitlag:14
ends:54

Nair:
hits:4 and then every 4 frames
hitlag:2

Fair:
hits:4
hitlag:6
landing lag:15 (lag experienced after landing while this move is in effect)

Bair:
hits:14 (earliest hit)
hitlag:12
landing lag:5

Uair:
hits:5
hitlag:9
landing lag:8

Dair:
hits:3,12,22,32
hitlag:4,4,4,4
landing lag:9

PK freeze:
hits: 55 (earliest possible hit)

PK thunder:
hits:21,renews every 48 frames for another bolt hit
hitlag(bolt):15

PK fire:
hits:18
ends:45

Psi Magnet:
hits:16 (earliest)
hitlag:11
ends:38

Levitas

the moon
Unfortunately, people aren't far enough into hacking brawl to be able to show hitboxes yet, so that's out. I mostly did this out of boredom, and now I can substantiate claims such as "Lucas's ftilt comes out just as fast as fox's"

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
What about the grab? I wanna see the grab also because I want to know how fast it is when pivoted.

Levitas

the moon
Sorry EB, I forgot about the grab. The next time I can convince scotu to bring everything, I'll get that data, but it may be a while.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
frame data tells you how fast your moves come out compared to other characters' moves and how fast certain moves of yours come out compared to certain other moves. It tells me for instance that using Uair as an aerial counter for low hitstun moves is more viable than Fair or Nair because it comes out only a frame later and autocancels at a more convenient time with more knockback and hitstun. This data also confirms my notion that there was a recovery time for the bolt of pk thunder before it could hit a second time. Among other things...

Trozz

Smash Ace
Jab comes out on frame 2. Woot.
Awesome data. Most data collectors don't bother with the b-attacks for some reason.

Levitas

the moon
Yeah, it's probably better, but I don't know whether jab cancelling works the same way as in melee, so it might not combo. If it does, it's better.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Jab cancels have enough of a delay that they'll probably be able to escape (or at least shield/spotdodge). Might be useful against someone who is slow (or online).

Top Bottom