• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas= cheap character?

Kidochi

Smash Rookie
I hear from many people who faced Lucas that he's such an overpowered and cheap character.

What's your view on this?

Or is there already a thread about this that I missed?

GenisSage

Smash Cadet
Don't know if there is a thread already but I must disagree with anyone that says that Lucas is a charp and overpowered character. That would be saying "Why does Peach have an awesome recovery move? That's cheap and cheating!" By my experience anyone who says that about Lucas or any other charater is because they cannot win agaisnt that said character. I used to hate to play Jigglypuff because of the sleep attack it has. I never said it was cheap. Its just the characters move. Again i disagree and I hope im not the only one

kyle?!

Smash Cadet
yeah, he's light weight and considerably slow for being so small. Until zap jumping, Lucas' recovery was more difficult than most other characters. His smashes are all slow to hit and for him to recover from. His moves do deal a good amount of damage and are pretty balanced.

He's just awesome is all.

MTFFFG

Smash Apprentice
yes lucas is a cheap character. They should ban him from every tournament because of the cheapness.

GofG

Smash Champion
I thought Pit was cheap for his recovery!!

In any case, Lucas has a lot of kill moves, but he's slow in attack and rather easy to KO.
Lucas is hardly slow to attack. Ftilt's hitbox comes out on like the 3rd frame, or something outrageous like that. His KO moves are slow, true, but if they were fast, then Lucas would be OP indeed. And besides, I've been experimenting with PsiM and am finding that it is a great KO move. You know when your opponent gets up into the 150% range and you just can't figure out a way to land a smash because he's rolldodge spamming? Well, you can punish a rolldodge with a PsiM and get an easy kill.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
No, this thread is dumb, Lucas isn't overpowered. End of story. Learn to dodge extremely slow smashes.

MTFFFG

Smash Apprentice
His reach sucks, he's pretty slow, a few of his moves are slow and predictable.

Other then that he's awesome.

on a more serious note, his reach doesn't suck as much as some other characters. His grab is pretty long with the snake and his tilts are fast as hell. His smashes are slow and that is why you have to bait the opponent into falling into them. in a one on one match, i never use up smash. His best moves imo are his aerials when short hopped. they are quick and have good knockback. I love to combo multiple fairs and finishing it off with a auto rared bair.

every character in this game has their plus's and minus's so a character's cheapness is in the hands of the player who controller him.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lucas is not nearly as gay as other characters in this game.

his problem is that his kills moves are slow and awkward. so he's somewhat kill ********.

his range is also far from good although it's not as bad as some characters.

but beyond that nothing's really glaring.

Top Bottom