• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas a grounded character?

Uffe

Smash Hero
I think not! Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm told Lucas is a ground character while Ness is all aerial. I don't believe this for a second as I and a friend of mine do better with Lucas in the air than on the ground. What are your thoughts on this?

Veril

Frame Savant
I think not! Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm told Lucas is a ground character while Ness is all aerial. I don't believe this for a second as I and a friend of mine do better with Lucas in the air than on the ground. What are your thoughts on this?
"litany of profanity"

That is so wrong it hurts. Who the hell told you that?!

Uffe

Smash Hero
"litany of profanity"

That is so wrong it hurts. Who the hell told you that?!
I'll keep the name safe. :laugh: But trust me, that's what I was told. It was my friend and I who played Lucas all aerial and disagreed with that comment. Lucas' nair is just too good.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Imo, Its not that Lucas does bad in the air.
Just better on the ground
Hes great at damage racking in the air though.

neji32

Smash Lord
i thought that just ment that ness will own lucas in the air while lucas does better against ness on the ground.
I thought that quote just refered to lucas vs ness

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Lucas abuses his aerials in inappropriate ways, yes, but for the most part he uses them for approaches and edgeguards. It looks something like aerial on grounded opponent->poke->opponent knocked into air->hit aerial opponent to the ground->repeat. Ness, on the other hand, practically lives in the air and mostly uses his ground moves to get the opponent there as well.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lucas has low priority in the air and high priority on the ground. This is why someone might say that. But his aerials in general are underrated. A lot of Ness users say that kind of thing because there's literally no aerial Lucas can use to get inside Ness's Fair. So against Ness a lot of the time Lucas does need to stay grounded in general in order to get around Ness's superior aerial priority.

Veril

Frame Savant
Lucas and Ness are both great in the air. Lucas' aerials are fantastic.

Compared to Ness, Lucas is better grounded. That doesn't mean Lucas is ground based.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
I disagree. With almost any character, I spend a lot of my time in the air. My ground game is very weak. This is one of the reason I moved from Mario to Lucas. He just does better in the air, especially for me who uses it often.

Top Bottom