• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's best stages

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Which stages do you think are great for Lucario?

Here's what I think:
Final Destination-Decent.
Smashville-There's a very sweet edge on this level. You can be way under and still up B to the ledge. I wouldn't pick this stage against characters like Wario or Bowser, since they have a bad recovery and the platform can save them.
Yoshi's Island- Great for wall clinging.
Luigi's Mansion- Great if you're playing against someone else with good projectiles (Link, Toon, etc.) since the pillars prevent camping to an extent.
Distant Planet-I really like this stage. There's a nice wall, and two ledges if you're at the right.
Pokemon Stadium-A great stage!
Pirate Ship-I don't think this is a good stage for Lucario, unless you're opponent has aerials even better than yours.
Lylat Cruise-The lip on this stage is even worse than on Final Destination. That means tougher recovery but a better pseudo-spike (dair hit to underneath the stage).

Browny

Smash Hater
as per my post on brawlcentral...

So far i think Shadow moses island IS lucarios stage, no edges to other people to edgehog his recovery, his final smash is practically undodgeable when the pillars are up and he can get to huge %'s by staying down on the lower platforms. only way to kill him is from attacking from below or upsmash, and we all know how his d-air makes short work of that Seems to me like the perfect stage to compliment his unique style.

I know if i want to maximise my chances of winning any 1vs1, 4vs4 etc with lucario, always pick that stage :D

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Depends on how you play
Items on or off (including smash balls)

Personally I think the flat stages like FD and smashville are great stages for lucario since there's less platforms for opponents to recover on in the middle of a combo. Stages like yoshi story, FD and pokemon stadium1 are good in the sense that you can still wall cling if your opponent is edge-hogging (or wall jump)

Milln

Smash Champion
It's definitely Yoshi's Island. You can have so much control over the entire map it's ridiculous. Everything is FOR you.

DarkSeraph0

Smash Rookie
as per my post on brawlcentral...

So far i think Shadow moses island IS lucarios stage, no edges to other people to edgehog his recovery, his final smash is practically undodgeable when the pillars are up and he can get to huge %'s by staying down on the lower platforms. only way to kill him is from attacking from below or upsmash, and we all know how his d-air makes short work of that Seems to me like the perfect stage to compliment his unique style.

I know if i want to maximise my chances of winning any 1vs1, 4vs4 etc with lucario, always pick that stage :D
I agree here totally. :p

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
good idea with shadow moses. i like using temple when playing with my friends, the stage is HUGE and most of the times i draw the fight to the center so i don't get KO'ed that easily, however his FS is terrible there.
interesting, i guess i'll begin to play more in SM now =D

Milln

Smash Champion
Lemme elaborate on Yoshi's Island.

Small-ish main area: This means your opponent can't run too far from you, and it's still large enough to space properly. Fsmash keeps them on their toes and Aura Sphere can reach the entire length of the main area, unlike Final Destination.

Low Middle Platform: Usmash lawls all over this thing with its lingering hitbox. Aura Sphere is just a short hop away. Sometimes it even goes diagonally so you can utilt, instead.

Walls where they matter: On each side of the stage is a wall that you can cling to to enhance your game and recovery.

Random Platform: It pops up every now and then, even FURTHER increasing your wall game.

Sides of the stage: They're far away from the main platform because it's such a small stage. This, however, doesn't hinder Lucario because he doesn't need to go to the ledge. He can just fall closer to the platform and cling to the wall and even continue his assault on a pesky player that won't die.

Seriously. Yoshi's Island rules.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
^ that looks interesting as well, though the small stage would make it difficult to rack up high %. still the ideal is NEVER depend on strong aura levels, so I guess that's fine.

Wheelz

Smash Cadet

Luigi's Mansion- Great if you're playing against someone else with good projectiles (Link, Toon, etc.) since the pillars prevent camping to an extent.
But you have to take into account the fact that Aura Sphere is a projectile and his Force Palm also hits the pillar, bringing another factor (Ultra Speed) Curves but does not do damage, ur stuck with Double Team and Smash Attacks...Making the point this stage is a no-no for Lucario.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace

But you have to take into account the fact that Aura Sphere is a projectile and his Force Palm also hits the pillar, bringing another factor (Ultra Speed) Curves but does not do damage, ur stuck with Double Team and Smash Attacks...Making the point this stage is a no-no for Lucario.
I don't know what you mean, because if you want to spam aura spheres, you'd do it intelligently, not blasting at the pillars; same with his other attacks. If an attack does hit the pillar, it's no big deal, since the house rebuilds anyway.

Ionizer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionizer
I remade Saffron City from Smash64 (practically an identical copy, sans the Pokemon) and it plays extremely well for Lucario. You basically cannot die because the towers go all the wall down and you can cling on them. Same with my remake of Hyrule Castle 64 (I added a small tweak to the left side so you can grab the edge, other wise it's pretty much identical).

I've found Lucario does pretty well on Delfino Plaza as well. Especially the part with the pillars coming out from the water. If you get your opponent down there you can trap them there with Dair until the stage changes to the next area. They can't die from this (unless they let themselves drown) but you'll get enough damage on them to be able to KO them very easily.

EDIT: Yay! I can have images in my siggy now!

Top Bottom