• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Palette Swaps/Alt Costumes?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

His alt costumes (aside from Red (although looks a lil purplish), White, Gray, Green (which is far better than his Brawl Green costume, which made him look too tealish (only part that was Green was his torso) & Purple) are once again too blue looking (heck 2 of his alts looks too much like his actual color scheme, especially the darker blue alt in the 6th pic (which makes me remind of how he looked in sprite format for the Gen IV games, which personally I prefer that color scheme over how he looks in his primary costume).

And yet he still has no Shiny alt (almost everyone else got a yellow/orange alt costume in some form, but Lucario).
It's funny because in the famitsu scans, his 5th palette with green-ish fur doesn't look at all green in the picture, but shows up very well in the video I posted. And I agree that his "Green" palette in Brawl wasn't all-that great. Lucario technically doesn't have a red palette since none of his palettes have red fur, except his 2nd palette having red chest. So yeah basically going off body fur, 2 purples, 3 blues, one white, one gray, & one green.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I still don't understand why Lucario doesn't have a true red. I definitely would've used that alongside his gray color. Also, he has a white palette swap now? That's cool.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 5 . . . 6 . . . 7 . . . 8

Which is your favourite?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So is there any consensus on whether the eighth costume is supposed to resemble Mewtwo or Mienshao or if it's just an innocent violet palette swap?

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It was the only blue-related color they could think of at the time.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I like Number 8, the purple one.

Btw, actually the purple one is based off of Mewcario, if anybody here has not forgotten, Mewcario was like the Mewthree of Gen 4.

Rokk Hero

Smash Rookie
I still just like the default. I don't understand why Sakurai decided not to add Shiny Lucario to the colors.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Im a little disappointed that they didn't give him a shiny palette, I mean come on, its so easy theres really no reason not to do it. But nah we get different shades of blue. Either way Im not complaining because I'm rather pleased on how Lucario turned out in smash 4. Just wouldve been nice to have a shiny color or a Sir Aaron/Riley costume, the last one is wishful thinking though.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
I've always rocked the default, but Project M has me longing for a shiny pallet swap...

...Pallet swaps for DLC anyone? c:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

Which is your favorite?
7 by a long shot (only color that completely changes his fur to something that's not blue (if only he had a proper red alt instead of the purple/red look he currently has), then 6 (for anime/Mega form references), then 4 (they did a great job with everyone's black costume, Lucario's is no exception, although if someone uses that costume I switch to another), then 2 (was my primary alt color of choice in Brawl, they somewhat darkened the brown on his aura sensors, mask, hands/feet and belt to be more black looking), with the 3rd alt being last (rarely ever used it in Brawl and yes it's the same exact alt from Brawl in-game just the artwork is slightly more bluer looking), 5 gets an honorable mention, since I somewhat used it during my Brawl days (plus it gives him 2 Green alts, even though it's Teal in-game, which I like), along with 8 (lavender isn't that bad of a color, especially on some stages).

Edit: Changed the order a bit now the new alt order is this:
1. Green
2. Dark Blue
3. Light Blue (found out this alt was in Brawl as his 2nd blue alt (the 1 where his feet and other black parts on his body had a blue tint, only difference is that the 2nd Brawl blue alt had a slightly darker blue tint on the whole body, compared to this alt)
4. Black
5. Teal
6. Red
7. Lavendar.

Edit again: New color order:
1. Black
2. Dark Blue
3. Light Blue

4. Red
5. Green (will switch if Black alt is chosen)
6. Teal
7. Lavendar

Last edited:

Sigoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sigoshi

Which is your favourite?
6 looks like its supposed to be more like the brawl's more detailed/realistic design, and is by far my fav.

Even though some people say otherwise, I feel like the others are probably references to other pokemon rather than original designs.
I think that 2 is ambiguous, but could be toxicroak or tyrogue.
3 is almost definitely Sawk (another fighting type).
4 is machamp i think (this palette was also in brawl, where it had yellow accents that looked more like machamp)
5 is cobalion (the only other fighting/steel dual type),.
7 resembles tornadus (but i have no idea why tornadus would be picked).
and 8 resembles Genesect (another steel type, and star of the most recent movie at the time of sm4sh's first release)

I woulda killed for a gallade palette, but that's just my taste in pokemon...

Top Bottom