• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Palette Swaps/Alt Costumes?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
What do you think Lucario's colour swaps should be?
I thought the ones in Brawl were kinda lame

I was thinking something like this, with shiny lucario and even zoroark colours
Made by Shadowgarion on deviantart

And what possible Alt costumes could he have?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
My biggest wish is for him to get a Sir Aaron/Riley costume as one of his alternative outfits.

It's high time jigglypuff and pikachu share some of there headgear~

Gune

Smash Lord
My biggest wish is for him to get a Sir Aaron/Riley costume as one of his alternative outfits.

Not to mention it would look so awesome considering the art direction this time, I'm all in for him having a aura fedora, a scarf or a cape or something.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691

That's a good idea, and your icon is awesome!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I liked Sunnysunny's idea and the Black and White (get it :)) Lucario and the red one.

Here's one that everyone will somewhat agree with:

but mostly this one

(that's my Lucario)

I'm diggin' with the shiny one being Super Saiyan and the white one is too good.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I liked Sunnysunny's idea and the Black and White (get it :)) Lucario and the red one.

Here's one that everyone will somewhat agree with:

but mostly this one

(that's my Lucario)

I'm diggin' with the shiny one being Super Saiyan and the white one is too good.
ERMERGAHD GOIKU DECONFRIMRED

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ooh love the pallet swaps by Shadowgarion on the OP, especially the green one and the black and red one. I also think Lucario's pallet swaps in Brawl were disappointing. I did like the middle one and white one though.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
It made no sense why there wasn't a shiny costume in Brawl.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
What do you think Lucario's colour swaps should be?
I thought the ones in Brawl were kinda lame

I was thinking something like this, with shiny lucario and even zoroark colours
Made by Shadowgarion on deviantart

And what possible Alt costumes could he have?
These are far better than what he got for alt costumes in Brawl (the only good costumes for him, was his Red, Aqua Blue (which is supposed to resemble Riolu) and his Silver/White costumes), if these turn out to be his actual alternate costumes in the final product, I'll probably use his red, shiny, and Zoroark costumes (I love how Shadowgarion did the Zoroark alt).

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He needs a Sir Auron outfit, outside of that just make his color palettes less blue so he isn't hard to see in teams like him and Sonic were in Brawl.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
He needs a Sir Auron outfit, outside of that just make his color palettes less blue so he isn't hard to see in teams like him and Sonic were in Brawl.
I forgot Sonic had the same alternate costume color issues as Lucario, I'm almost going to bet on Nintendo using the colors from the Robo Sonics from Sonic Colors and Lost Worlds multiplayer, since they are complete recolors unlike the 1s Sonic got in Brawl, apart from his green costume (which makes him look teal), and black.

I would love to see a Sir Aaron alternate costume for Lucario, it would make him look even more awesome in battle.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I would hate to be "that guy;" but the Project M pallet swaps were fairly diverse and fun to use. I wouldn't mind seeing those in Smash 4.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I'm really liking that Zoroark one in the OP. I'd use that all the time......if I was any good with Lucario.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
This is what I'd like to see.
I like those, although if you make the 2nd costume a little bit more greener, then this would be perfect, I'd change the shiny costume's eye color back to it's original color, since it's clearly shown to have the same eye color as it's normal look, also loved how you did the red alternate costume, since you added 1 of my favorite colors brown into the look (although in Brawl, Lucario's Red costume had brown on his hands/feet, mask/ braids), I hope Lucario gets a more Red/Brown look for his Red alternate costume.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Coming back to put in points.

Zoroark alternate skin is okay, he's almost de-confirmed as a playable character, just needs that true confirmation he's a pokeball summon on an official source & we're good to go for that palette swap from the OP.

Mewtwo is still heavily declining, there's no need to do that to Mewtwo unless he'll be de-confirmed by it, with the palettes in Lucario's fur.

Shiny is recommended, as both a palette for Green Team & Shiny notice, 2 birds with 1 stone.

Red for Red Team Battles, also green eyes are dope.

Rest are fine A okay with me.

For DLC I'm ready for Goku's attire due to Sean Schemmel GOKU HIMSELF voicing Lucario in the game. So much want!

...I kinda want a Houndoom-inspired skin for him...
This is a cool Idea, whether it's DLC costume or default choose-able palette in-game.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Teal's not different enough from the default to justify being included again! Use shining Lucario for the green team and Houndoom/Zoroark for red and we're set!

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Teal's not different enough from the default to justify being included again! Use shining Lucario for the green team and Houndoom/Zoroark for red and we're set!
The Teal is a fine colour, it was a great colour to have actually and irrc was the top 3 used colour. Lucario already has a red skin, so I can say that the zoroark colour isn't justified as well because its not different enough from the red! Lucario is nothing like Zoroark so its stupid to have a Zoroark theme Lucario, that's like saying "Hey guys, lets have a Mewtwo Lucario skin"...Which no on wants.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Fellas Felllas~ Relax.

We're getting a Goku alternate swap in the future. It'll be Lucario's most used & absolute best palette swap NA. Who needs a Zoroark or a Mewtwo themed palette anways when you have Gokucario?:shades:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope we'll get one similar to Project M's Red Lucario. That one looks really good. They should keep the Silver one too. And of course, Shiny Lucario would be real legit.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
My list for possible recolors:

-Regular
-Red Lucario
-Green Lucario with white replacing all the black colors on Lucario
-Purple Lucario with green eyes
-Shiny Lucario
-White Lucario with purple eyes
-Sir Aaron Lucario

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I feel like the only person who loved his alts in Brawl. :/

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I thought his alts were alright in Brawl... They could've been better though. I'm hoping for an actual shiny alt and a Sir Aaron/RIley alt :D Oh, and I love all of the colors in the OP <3 The green, red and black pallettes in lightdasher's post look great too :3

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
Tbh they should be 1 Shiny form Lucario, and a few different colours, but including zoroark colour scheme would annoy zoroark fans as ive been hearing people wanting Zoroark in the game some im thinking Put Zoroark as a Costume charcacter or a DLC and give lucario unique colours. My favourite colours would be White, Shiny Form and The Red form

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
(No one put them up yet?)

Not bad, overall. I'm pretty bummed by the lack of a shiny costume, but I like the Mienshao-inspired one on the far right.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Love the white and grey ones (3 and 4 in) and the very last one on the right.

shame there is no shiny version, but at least there's a green themed skin now (?)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Love the white and grey ones (3 and 4 in) and the very last one on the right.

shame there is no shiny version, but at least there's a green themed skin now (?)
Definitely. I'll be rolling with the Green palette most of the time. Some felt disappointed about Lucario's palettes but I'm quite content with them, even if there's 3 different blues. He still has a Riolu-esque palette (5th one), & really the White & Dark Gray palettes are impressive to me as well.

EDIT: Also for a close facial look at the palettes up-close in decent quality, here's this:

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
(No one put them up yet?)

Not bad, overall. I'm pretty bummed by the lack of a shiny costume, but I like the Mienshao-inspired one on the far right.
His alt costumes (aside from Red (although looks a lil purplish), White, Gray, Green (which is far better than his Brawl Green costume, which made him look too tealish (only part that was Green was his torso) & Purple) are once again too blue looking (heck 2 of his alts looks too much like his actual color scheme, especially the darker blue alt in the 6th pic (which makes me remind of how he looked in sprite format for the Gen IV games, which personally I prefer that color scheme over how he looks in his primary costume).

And yet he still has no Shiny alt (almost everyone else got a yellow/orange alt costume in some form, but Lucario).

Top Bottom