• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Mega Evolution Mechanics

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
It kinda looks like hes charging something over his head its a bit too fuzzy to see. Cant remeber who brought up Lucario mega evolving then shooting aurastorm then staying mega for a duration but it looks like you might be right.
I wouldn't exactly say I mentioned this but it did come off like that:
Lucario heavily losing, rising to maximum AuraBoost% level and then MEvolving into MLucario overloading his peak. MLucario performs an extremely powerful attack (AuraStorm) neutralizing his aura back to maximum in MEvo until time's up.
or
Lucario stock-tanking and activates his FS, MLucario gets maximum AuraBoost% but doesn't have overloading aura so therefore stays as MLucario fighting until a set time's up.

Just throwing out a theory there with no evidence ofc but to the comments of underwhelming potential from seeing little point of using MEvo at your Aura's peak, I say give MLucario something terrifyingly strong to emphasize his MEvo FS later in the match.
It does sort of look like he's channeling something overhead. Interesting.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I'm kind of glad the Mega evo is his final smash. Aura Storm in Brawl was kind of useless against people who actually knew what they were doing.

As for exactly how the Megaevo works (besides the max aura) I hope he gets SOME knockback and damage resistance (but not llike Giga Bowser. That's not how it works in the games/anime), so it's possible to KO you (but it's very hard).
Sure, now I have to actually do work when I get a smash ball though. If I'm playing casuals I don't want to half to work to hard.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Zipzo just confirmed that Lucario's Final Smash is in fact his Mega Evolution.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Thats it? If so thats pretty dissapointing.
Apparently he is really strong tho, like insanely powerful. Not sure about no flinch or anything like that.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Does it bother anyone else that Sakurai said "Fan Expectations" meaning Aura Storm was in SSB4 at one point?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
...what else could they have done?
Exactly. If they keep his Mega mechanics true to the original game Lucario will still have buffed speed and attack power alongside the maxed out aura. I don't see how this will be an issue.

Gune

Smash Lord
Exactly. If they keep his Mega mechanics true to the original game Lucario will still have buffed speed and attack power alongside the maxed out aura. I don't see how this will be an issue.
First of all this is sakurai were talkin about the guy who made rest a KO people on contact sakurai doesent follow the rules so you shouldnt just expect the norm with him.
...what else could they have done?
Alot of things Speed buffs, Overall attack buffs, Invincibility or flinch resis or hell someone at my school brought up that he could have a little AOE aura barrier that hurts people in but also makes it easier to catch people who are running, but all ive heard is just max aura and thats it. Doesent really feel like a ultimate move when people can KO you while your doing it you know? thats why I said its dissapointing if thats all Mega lucario has to offer.

Oh just to be clear Its not that I dont like Mega lucario as a FS I just think the way its being implemented is very good.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, they are obviously going to reference something from the games, because Smash is References: The Game. What is something recent with the Pokemon games? Mega Evolution. BOOM. Simple and easy.

I would think he is invincible as well, but has this been tested? I assume it hasn't yet.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
First of all this is sakurai were talkin about the guy who made rest a KO people on contact sakurai doesent follow the rules so you shouldnt just expect the norm with him.
Which is why I said "If", I don't expect Sakurai to follow EVERY single rule from the games he draws from. But he pretty much did in Zard's case, for example, he takes damage when he hits something with the Flare Blitz. Now I'm not saying Sakurai will do this for Lucario, but it seems likely at this point.
Alot of things Speed buffs, Overall attack buffs, Invincibility or flinch resis or hell someone at my school brought up that he could have a little AOE aura barrier that hurts people in but also makes it easier to catch people who are running, but all ive heard is just max aura and thats it. Doesent really feel like a ultimate move when people can KO you while your doing it you know? thats why I said its dissapointing if thats all Mega lucario has to offer.

Oh just to be clear Its not that I dont like Mega lucario as a FS I just think the way its being implemented is very good.
What you just described above is pretty much what I said in an earlier post. He would pretty much act like Wario-Man. You know what surprises me? The fact that Giga Bowser CAN take damage, which WILL work against him in the end, while other transforming Final Smashes don't. What's the logic behind that?

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Warning Received
Everyone who assumed mega lucario wasn't a final smash was ********.

Have a good day, though I wonder how you get by day to day with your current mindset

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Check out the video:
Maximum Aura level brought out those numbers below:
  • Uair did 19%
  • Fair did 10%
  • BAS did 12%
  • FCAS did 31%
Seems like his Fair upon landing decrease the lag, although that is speculated.

EDIT: Then there's this source:
Lucario's Final Smash has changed from its original in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and now has Lucario Mega Evolve into Mega Lucario. Mega Lucario controls in the same manner to Lucario, with the same moves, but the moves all have their maximum power as if Lucario had been really damaged.
So really there's no difference at all other than AuraBoost% being at maximum output, not even explaining that he has super armor or invincibility. This is to be further experimented, perhaps there's more to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom