• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Hybrid Thread

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey guys, so I've decided to make a thread of my Lucario hack which has been in the BrawlVault for a while. This hack works perfectly with P:M 3.0. I've worked on it for a long time but could use some play testers to tell me if it's a balanced mod. I've done my best to balance things, and feel I've done a decent job, but some work may still be needed.

2.1:

Hey guys just posted my update for ganondorf and i have a similar msg to post here :p

Sorry about the delay on this, i got really busy and didnt get around to completing this update to its fullest until now. Ive balanced a bunch of things and refined a few things as well.

Main changes:

Fixed aura sphere issue due to adding aura storm as a super attack.

Fixed timing of aura storm hit boxes.

down b now only has defensive collisions if you hold b, but doing this removes his ability to cancel out of double team. If you do nor press down b the defensive collisions are not activated, but you may cancel out of the move to chain some combos. Also, the start up of down b is slightly slower.

Down super has a slower start time

Side super has a super fast start time so the catch collisions are activated virtually immediately.

I think that is all. Let me know what you guys think! Enjoy :p

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hcdkd9kq8f81ixo/lucario(3).rar

2.0 changelist:

Side b super - much faster and can now be used as part of a combo. Slightly less knockback though

Aura storm super - If you have 2 supers charged up, a fully charged aura sphere will charge the aura storm. If you hold down "b" afterward you unleash aura storm. Tapping "b" releases aura sphere. In the air aura, storm is fired downward at an angle and lucario is shot backwards. This move is not yet perfected or balanced. I need some suggestions as to how to make it more useful and interesting to use. right now its just cool aesthetically (even though aesthetics need work too)

First hangelist:

- Weight slightly decreased
- Double Team sped up to earlier version of P:M
- Re-Instated defense collisions during double team, as well as the counter portion of the move
- Can attack out of double team slightly earlier
- Slowed down ending of double team (to avoid move spamming)
- Down B super on ground is now a hurricane kick - beginning of animation is intangible
- Down B super in air is same animation as double team except with hit boxes attached. Final hit box knocks opponent at angle of double team animation (beginning of animation is also slowed down)
- Side b now has a dash animation before the force palm/grab
- Slowed down end of side B animation (to avoid move spamming)
- Up B super is now a K.O attack
- Up B super can be performed before or during Extreme speed animation
- Lucarios vertical momentum during the super aura sphere animation in air is set to 0
- ThrowF is now similar to MewTwos ThrowF in Melee (not P:M, melee)
- AirN sucks in opponents and is a multi hit rather than knocking them away right away

Future (possible) edits:

- Grounded Down B super (hurricane kick) only completes animation if Hitboxes connect.
- Possibly will give lucario aura storm as his fully charged NeutralB when his super meter is stored (not a full out aura stom like the final smash, a quick beam which does damage rather than being a KO attack.
- May remove the ability to grab at all times with side b, may change it so grab only works as a super.
- May also speed up starting animation for side b when using it as a super
- Thinking about setting the allow interrupt for down B later normally, but when the super meter is charged the allow interrupt would be sooner (but wouldn't get rid of your super charge). Not sure about this one yet.

Let me know what you guys think of these future ideas, I'm pondering on them right now.

I'd like to make a video for this, but I don't know how. If anyone can make me a video that would be great.

Heres the download:

2.0 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/2d9qyrp7t9wwsxj/lucario(2).rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zynd4kd2u59536o/lucario3.0.1.rar

Let me know what you guys think!
Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
This looks pretty cool man,I'll test later family members over now.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Downloaded it, I'm really enjoying it. GJ :D

You mentioned making the grab on Side B exclusive to the super version. IMO the better option would be making the dash portion of the move exclusive to the super version

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Downloaded it, I'm really enjoying it. GJ :D

You mentioned making the grab on Side B exclusive to the super version. IMO the better option would be making the dash portion of the move exclusive to the super version
Agreed, but Lucarios motion file cant handle any more animations. It freezes the game if i add anything.

Besides that, how does he feel with P:M? Does he fit well, and is he balanced?

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Agreed, but Lucarios motion file cant handle any more animations. It freezes the game if i add anything.

Besides that, how does he feel with P:M? Does he fit well, and is he balanced?
From what I've played with some friends he seems pretty balanced and he fits really well with the rest of the cast

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
From what I've played with some friends he seems pretty balanced and he fits really well with the rest of the cast
K great thanks for the feedback!
How do you like the down B super attack (the moving hurricane kick)? Does it look good? That's one move where I'm slightly worried about the aesthetics.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
K great thanks for the feedback!
How do you like the down B super attack (the moving hurricane kick)? Does it look good? That's one move where I'm slightly worried about the aesthetics.
Yeah, it and everything else looks fantastic

TamDanny

Smash Rookie
NNID
TamDanny
This is a great addition to P:M! Since Lucario's one of my main players. Though, I can' seem to pull off the down B super (in land, nor air). The only times I can do it is when I'm in training mode with speed slowed down to 1/4. Even so, the animation's looks here great.
Awesome job! :)

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
This is a great addition to P:M! Since Lucario's one of my main players. Though, I can' seem to pull off the down B super (in land, nor air). The only times I can do it is when I'm in training mode with speed slowed down to 1/4. Even so, the animation's looks here great.
Awesome job! :)
Hm, k i could probably make this a bit easier to execute ill get to it eventually.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Progress update:

1. I've made it slightly easier to pull of his air down super.

2. I've started working on giving him the aura storm as a super attack. The way its gona work is when you have 2 supers charged up, if you fully charge the aura sphere you can use aura storm. Right now, he can only shoot sideways. I'm gona make it so that he can shoot at an angle when in the air.

The next version should be posted within the next week or two.

That's all for now.

Brosach

Smash Cadet
I just dabbled with him a bit I wouldn't know what I could say another than his got quite a bit more movement options than other characters which I don't really mind, due to him being a close range combo oriented character as well as you making him lighter to further balance him.

Brosach

Smash Cadet
I don't know if I have the most recent version though I'll check it out later and get back to you on that

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I don't know if I have the most recent version though I'll check it out later and get back to you on that
cool thanks.
the newest version has some minor nerfs is all. Next one is gona have some interesting updates.

and guys ive been delayed with updating this cause ive been working on ganondorf. so i need a while longer. sorry if anyone is anxiously waiting :p

Brosach

Smash Cadet
so apparently I now have have an extra copy of of your lucario man I am blind, or maybe its these sunglasses.

Brosach

Smash Cadet
my one issue is quite comedic, so there I was doing a kamehameha wave and the AI hit me, so the beam persists the length of its duration on lucario's frontside but is only visual and does no damage, but I got a good a few chuckles.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
my one issue is quite comedic, so there I was doing a kamehameha wave and the AI hit me, so the beam persists the length of its duration on lucario's frontside but is only visual and does no damage, but I got a good a few chuckles.
Hahaha, k i know exactly what i have to do to fix that. I'll get on it! Do you have any suggestions for the "kamehameha"? Either aesthetic or more importantly function? I have a couple ideas floating around in my head, but i wana come up with something really good (useful, fun, and balanced).

I also wanted some feedback on the down super (moving hurricane kick). Does it feel good and function well? Is it rewarding to use/does it serve a purpose? I feel like its good, but I'm not sure if it stands out.

And does everything else feel pretty good? Does anything feel out of place?

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey guys just posted my update for ganondorf and i have a similar msg to post here :p

Sorry about the delay on this, i got really busy and didnt get around to completing this update to its fullest until now. Ive balanced a bunch of things and refined a few things as well. Main changes:

Fixed aura sphere issue due to adding aura storm as a super attack.

Fixed timing of aura storm hit boxes.

down b now only has defensive collisions if you hold b, but doing this removes his ability to cancel out of double team. If you do nor press down b the defensive collisions are not activated, but you may cancel out of the move to chain some combos. Also, the start up of down b is slightly slower.

Down super has a slower start time

Side super has a super fast start time so the catch collisions are activated virtually immediately.

I think that is all. Let me know what you guys think! Enjoy :p

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hcdkd9kq8f81ixo/lucario(3).rar

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
ok this looks cool from what i have read and the Hybrid part what is the Hybrid of? i would download it and try it but i am having some issues with my wii

spid3y916

Smash Cadet
I don't feel like the Aura Storm is the best kill move atm. I mean it make me lose two aura charges so I expect a solid finisher, but it seems an Aura Bomb would be more successful in killing someone. But I do understand that this is still being worked on.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
ya i made it a bit weaker because of the distance it covers. i felt it might be too OP to be a kill move from all the way across the stage. Also just to make sure, the first frame of the aura storm is more powerful while the later frames just do damage. so make sure you're using it correctly. Lastly, if you do the areal aura storm it is even more powerful at the first frame. So play around with that a bit, and let me know what you think.

Top Bottom