• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Guide - Help

Risky

Smash Ace
I still find it incredibly hard to believe that lucario's vertical grab box got increased as stated in the official 3.5 change log. Back in 3.02, I could sweet spot from beneath the ledge on FD, never exposing myself to any hitbox from onstage. Now, I just ride the contour of the stage downwards and SD. To sweetspot, you have to curve it so that the path of extreme speed is completely parallel to the stage, making it susceptible to d-tilts and what-not.
They changed it for that reason: "never exposing myself to any hitbox from onstage". It's still easy to sweetspot from above the ledge, we just have to be creative now instead of choosing the always safe, nearly unpunishable option.

yuedi

Smash Rookie
Well, I guess the oppenent could just grab ledge.

But to be fair, I was greatly spoiled by 3.02's lenient sweetspotting. I completely agree with you on mixing up the recoveries. This includes having good survival DI so lucario approaches the stage from above where he has the most options (es to ledge, dtc-nair, esc-dt/air dodge, etc). From below the stage, the options, including amsa walljump, are fairly punishable. If i'm not mistaken jump-dt-esc-dt-air dodge stll gives the maximum recovery distance given one aura charge right?

yuedi

Smash Rookie
Actually, now that I thiought about it, jump-dtc-dair-es pribably gives the most distance with one charge.

Risky

Smash Ace
It depends on how much horizontal recovery you're looking for. DTC -> Dair brings you pretty far. I haven't tested the distances enough yet. This will be perfect to include!

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Risky

Smash Ace
Trying to DT behind somebody while they're mashing out a CC option will usually get you hit during the startup.

It was mentioned, DG posted in this thread earlier.

Top Bottom