• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario change wishlist.

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
If you want anything to change or stay the same tell us here.
and don't be afraid to get specific like with frame data, and or pictures.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
Maybe have his peak strength be achieved at a lower percentage than it was in brawl(In brawl he got to his peak at 200% in this game I would say make it around 150%). Also his peak strength should be more noticeable.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
One of the changes I would want of Lucario is his (B)v to be more accurate upon the counter attack. Another was already mentioned- his peak strength at normal percentage to be rose to support him.

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
I really want Lucario to be able to cancel his Up (B) whenever he needs to with any move.
Or just have him be able to attack at the end

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I really want Lucario to be able to cancel his Up (B) whenever he needs to with any move.
Or just have him be able to attack at the end
I went back to Brawl from Project M and found I really wanted to do that. I agree with this 100%.

andimidna

Smash Master
Whenever a character gets confirmed, I play a lot of them just for the heck of it. And the only thing that really bothered me when playing as Lucario was... why does his recovery making him go through people?! Why is that not an attack?!
Other than that? I can't remember anything specifically... although I never mastered double team. In fact I'm not sure I've every fully gotten it in a final destination match...
I think they're trying to buff everybody to Meta Knight level so everybody can be equally OP... so what could get him to that level? Not too sure. His side special was OK. Making him heavier could work to further differentiate him from Mewtwo and would fit with his new stronger abilities.

Ividboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ividboy
3DS FC
4098-4898-5270
His recovery should have a hit box(it looks like it does now)
He shouldn't be WEAKENED when in the lead
He should mega evolve when he gets to his aura cap (which should be lower)
Force Palm air grab
Double team freezes opponent when countering
PM forward tilt
Forward smash is now back fist using spike(still has aura pulse thing to add range)
Faster moving final smash

TheNinjaFreak

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheNinjaFreak
I wish that they would port project m lucario because, that lucario is so much better then the brawl build. Just saying. PM > Brawl

Last edited:

Tabernacle

Smash Rookie
Either Aura should have a higher effect late game, or it shouldn't neuter him so much early.

Thor

Smash Champion
As Brawl- did, give extremespeed a hitbox (maybe has one based on footage?), add air grab on force palm (although somehow at one point I convinced myself Brawl had an air grab forcepalm), and give him a KO move that works at any Lucario percentage (in that game, dtilt was a reliable KO move at ~140% because it was unaffected by Aura). Then people won't survive fsmash at something silly like 160% because Lucario's in the lead at 0%.

LKnight

Smash Cadet
If he continues to be so weak at the start of a fight I wouldn't mind a speed increase. I understand it might be a bit OP as a fight goes on but Jesus you might as well get yourself beat up to 50% just so you can get in a decent hit.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
-Dont weaken him when he's in the lead
-Give ES a hitbox (looks like it does from the direct)
-FP air grab
-Maybe less startup on his Smashes, but not completely necessary
- A better Final Smash, because the current one sucks
- Make the aura cap lower

That's about it, really. I'm more afraid that he might lose some of his disjointed and lingering hitboxes, for balance.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Make his down special come from all angles, it's double team right? So why not have like 2 or 3 Lucarios that converge upon the attacker

Maikou

Smash Ace
The only change to Lucario I want is for him to fall faster and move faster. Otherwise, the same, minus losing power when in the lead. and for the love of Arceus, if Sakurai actually does give Lucario the Project M Moveset, I will kill someone. You people may be fine with Project M's changes. I'm not. in the slightest.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The only change to Lucario I want is for him to fall faster and move faster. Otherwise, the same, minus losing power when in the lead. and for the love of Arceus, if Sakurai actually does give Lucario the Project M Moveset, I will kill someone. You people may be fine with Project M's changes. I'm not. in the slightest.
I dislike some of the PM changes, but the air grab is pretty sweet. It's not even unhead of, since Bowser can do a similar thing.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I agree on the air grab, and the forward tilt is pretty cool, but I disapprove of pretty much everything else they did. I understand Project M wants to make Smash more competitive, but shouldn't they be calling it Project Competitive then? calling Project Melee only serves to be false advertising when you look at it: did Melee have even half the crap they added in there? Turbo mode, On-hit cancel system? was Wavedashing an intended feature? the answer? no. no it didn't, they weren't intentional. That's why I don't like Project M. some things they do are fine, like bringing back Mewtwo, and Luigifying Roy, but most others, like completely changing Lucario like that, is just a great big no.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I agree on the air grab, and the forward tilt is pretty cool, but I disapprove of pretty much everything else they did. I understand Project M wants to make Smash more competitive, but shouldn't they be calling it Project Competitive then? calling Project Melee only serves to be false advertising when you look at it: did Melee have even half the crap they added in there? Turbo mode, On-hit cancel system? was Wavedashing an intended feature? the answer? no. no it didn't, they weren't intentional. That's why I don't like Project M. some things they do are fine, like bringing back Mewtwo, and Luigifying Roy, but most others, like completely changing Lucario like that, is just a great big no.
Wavedashing was an intentional command, what are you taking about? Not only does it have its own unique animation in the game code, but Sakurai himself confirmed it in, I believe, Nintendo Power magazine a while back.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I agree with many people here; I think that Lucario's upspecial should have a hitbox.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I agree with many people here; I think that Lucario's upspecial should have a hitbox.
It seems it does have a hitbox, he performs a powerful kick at the end of the move when Mega Lucario was shown off in the April direct (of course it was Mega Lucario doing the kick, hard to tell if normal Lucario can do the same, but I assume he will, since most of us wanted Extreme Speed to have a hitbox since Brawl).

I also wish his aura buff mechanic was removed completely or change to only affect just his recovery move (which I'm glad his recovery gets buffed by the aura), however with the aura buffed he's going to be insanely OP'ed when at major disadvantages (Mega Lucario just makes it even worse and if it is his Final Smash, he's the new Meta Knight), a lot of my friends find it very cheap to face me while I'm using Lucario due to the aura buffs he gets whenever he's down a stock (the aura smoke effects from his attacks can stay since that's a staple part of his character, but whenever he's down a stock he no longer gains the unnecessary buff that makes him a monster at disadvantages, if anything remove the aura buff completely, since it makes him cheap to fight against, I love Lucario and he's my main (and he's likely going to be my main again for the 4th games at least for single player play rather than 3-4 way fights, while I'll just use the other 3 3rd Party characters instead), but I want to actually play a match with Lucario but with no aura buff added onto his character, it can be done, but Sakurai just wants Lucario to be the cheap fighter like he was in Brawl.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
One thing I wanted befor Force Palm got confirmed was a new SideB: Power-up Punch, what it would do would be a small punch that does 2% damage, but it doubles in power after very consecutive hit, if you miss the power goes back to 2%.

Maikou

Smash Ace
One thing I wanted befor Force Palm got confirmed was a new SideB: Power-up Punch, what it would do would be a small punch that does 2% damage, but it doubles in power after very consecutive hit, if you miss the power goes back to 2%.
That would be an interesting mechanic, but also a very ineffective one, for both Casual AND Competitive play. I know for a fact it wouldn't work in casual play because I'm a casual player. I'm positive it wouldn't work in Competitive play based on what little I've seen and otherwise know of it. Casual wouldn't work because the CPU's can be tough to hurt and getting a consecutive hit combo going would be far too much work with little to no reward, and I know it wouldn't work for Competitives because that playstyle is lightning fast and all about combos. You'd have to be the best Smash player ever to really use such a mechanic effectively. There are such things as Combo Breakers in Competitive, isn't there? it'd be very likely the worst move for anyone to use.

Even if you mean each time you use it even without using over and over, it'd still require a precise setup, wouldn't it? and even then, someone could attack you when use it and therefore make you lose the built-up power just like when you charge other moves like Charge Beam and Aura Sphere.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
That would be an interesting mechanic, but also a very ineffective one, for both Casual AND Competitive play. I know for a fact it wouldn't work in casual play because I'm a casual player. I'm positive it wouldn't work in Competitive play based on what little I've seen and otherwise know of it. Casual wouldn't work because the CPU's can be tough to hurt and getting a consecutive hit combo going would be far too much work with little to no reward, and I know it wouldn't work for Competitives because that playstyle is lightning fast and all about combos. You'd have to be the best Smash player ever to really use such a mechanic effectively. There are such things as Combo Breakers in Competitive, isn't there? it'd be very likely the worst move for anyone to use.

Even if you mean each time you use it even without using over and over, it'd still require a precise setup, wouldn't it? and even then, someone could attack you when use it and therefore make you lose the built-up power just like when you charge other moves like Charge Beam and Aura Sphere.
it was just an idea, and I figured it would have a crazy big hit box or something.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I LOVE Lucario's Project M moveset.

I never played him in Brawl, but after using Mega Lucario so much in X and Y, I gave him another shot and stared having fun with him. Then I tried Project M and... oh my god, is Lucario fun in Project M! So much room for creativity.

I don't really think that PM Lucario is "too competitive" or anything like that. His magic series stuff is inspired by traditional (Capcom) fighting games, and compared to those games PM Lucario's magic system is very, very easy. Have you played Street Fighter before?

*Edit*

If we think about what Powerup Punch does in Pokemon, wouldn't it be better to have Powerup Punch increase Lucario's Aura on hit?

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
Considering that Lucario has 12 special moves including his default ones there's probably power punch somewhere in there.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I'm wondering if one of his netural special is something that affect Mewtwo's fate. I'm referring to Shadow Ball that Lucario can learn.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm wondering if one of his netural special is something that affect Mewtwo's fate. I'm referring to Shadow Ball that Lucario can learn.
Yeah, how about no. Sharing a move is nothing new and has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on Mewtwo's chances of returning. Seriously, can we all just shut up about Lucario possibly disconfirming Mewtwo already?!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I dig this thread after reading skimming through all the comments so let's take a shot at this. But before I start my list of changes and mechanics that remained will be based off Lucario from brawl. I wanna briefly mention something already known that Lucario(Brawl) was defense-orientated due to the highs and lows of AuraBoost% while Lucario(P:M) removed the lows of AuraBoost% removing the defensive play-style. This was interesting to me at first but then ruined game-play because it added onto stale-move negation even further while having high % and/or less stocks promoted aggressive game-play ignoring Stale-Move Negation entirely. One last point is seeing moves from the original characters that strongly resemble P:M attack moves. Anyways here goes:

Things I want changed for Sm4sh Lucario:

1. ExtremeSpeed having any sort of hit-box in any frame within his UpB no matter if it's start-up, during the recovery, or ending. Don't matter, Sm4sh direct video confirms it.
  2. ForcePalm having an aerial grab that has multiple throw directions if guided with control inputs.
  3. DoubleTeam's grounded stance makes any foe who hits it procs the DT vanishing forcing an animation of almost falling over causing the slide to directly hit guaranteed. The forced falling animation would only affect the first foe that procs the DT vanishing.
  4. Every single move/attack become aura-based. From jabs, tilts, dash attack, smashes, aerials, specials, pummel to throws, get-up & floor & trip attacks (B & D-throw, and Dash Attack I'm looking at you).
  5. Emphasize a steel mechanic somehow in his game play-style.
One change I wanna talk about that may get some hate and/or automatic dislike is Elemental Weakness/Type Effectiveness. That's right folks bringing you this back with another fantastic twist, but seriously I wanna bring it up. Personally I want to see this exclusive PKMN Trainer brawl mechanic return to Lucario as well as the other PKMN in Sm4sh. This could emphasize on Lucario's Steel/Fighting type like from PKMN games & I'd approve of seeing it. For all the hate I want to note that this returning mechanic WOULD ONLY AFFECT PKMN MU's aka PKMN vs. PKMN. We're not going to talk about Fatigue/Stamina value simply because we already got Stale-Move Negation that's been around since Smash 64 and it'self as a built-in mechanic is borderline stupid to the max.

Things I want kept the same for Sm4sh Lucario:

1. Dash Attack's hit-box effects, strong and low knock-back follow-ups.
  2. UpB aka ExtremeSpeed having curling guidance with C-stick/smash stick/D-pad smash settings.
  3. Double Team's ability to be reversed and have granted aerial utility to recover with a horizontal slide.
  4. Double Team's semi-momentum canceling use resembling bucket braking IF that returns.
  5. Down Aerial aka Dair being a "psuedo-SHFFL" after jumping with Short Hop.
That's kind of it considering I'd add in more things to change / keep the same if Lucario was in the demo like we wish he was. =(

Edit: Reasons why I didn't include very much if at all any P:M Lucario is because his mechanics are too different to the other smash characters. Aura Charge as a built-in mechanic is probably the one and only mechanic I admire about a Street Fighter play-vibe Lucario. Despite the true combos from auto-canceling moves into other moves creating strings, it's just something too different to add into Super Smash Bros. game formula (watch sakurai make the game fully like that :troll:).

Last edited:

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
no thats jigglypuff's problem or greninja your choice but, there will be only one more pkm to be announced in the game and honestly its probably jiggypuff

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
Yeah, how about no. Sharing a move is nothing new and has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on Mewtwo's chances of returning. Seriously, can we all just shut up about Lucario possibly disconfirming Mewtwo already?!
Thank you also Mewtwo's not coming back anyway can't wait for the game's release and we'll never have to hear about this again because when the next one comes out no one is going to have hope.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
This is kinda off-topic but @ Jsteel3 Jsteel3
Only one more pkmn? That sounds very :083: if you ask me. Surely at least six PKMN isn't stretching it that far unless I up'd it by one, after 7 that's going too far.

Top Bottom