• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
Somebody of /v/ figured out what his victory animation was. He's using a giant keyboard to hammer out a Pirate Log entry.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132

Better Look at his other colours, as well as his Meta-Alt that isn't in the demo
This seems like Meta-Ridley is going to be an Echo character. But I don't want to get my hopes up TOO high.
Just think how satisfying it would be though. After all these years of wanting Ridley. Sakurai finally caves in and gives us TWO just for waiting so long :laugh:

StormC

Smash Hero
This seems like Meta-Ridley is going to be an Echo character. But I don't want to get my hopes up TOO high.
Just think how satisfying it would be though. After all these years of wanting Ridley. Sakurai finally caves in and gives us TWO just for waiting so long :laugh:
Seems unlikely since Meta Ridley is on Ridley's site profile.

It's probably more like POR/RD Ike, or Little Mac in 4 (which hopefully means Meta Ridley gets his own set of 8 colors).

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Seems unlikely since Meta Ridley is on Ridley's site profile.

It's probably more like POR/RD Ike, or Little Mac in 4 (which hopefully means Meta Ridley gets his own set of 8 colors).
I know that's the more likely outcome by FAR. Meta-Ridley just being a skin is more than I could ask for! But it's fun to speculate, ya know? lol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Taking a page out of the infamous Chillindude's book and dubbing Ridley's command grab special "YOOOOO SCOOPS."

You heard it here first, folks.

Smooth Criminal

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Ridley's specials do stupid high dmg.
His fsmash is really strong, and his fair seems really good as well.
Also Plup vs MKLeo was rigged: (Warning strong language)

Edit: I really need to stop doubleposting on accident, used to when the thread was more active and usually someone replied before I posted again several minutes later

Last edited:

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Just posting this here :

Wait a second, did Ridley just...smile?

Man, I am lovin' how Ridley is being portrayed in this Smash. We're finally seeing his sadistic, cruel and intelligent side instead of getting the mindless monster that we've had for so long. I'm hoping that future Metroid games will take notes from this Ridley.

Also, I love how his alt. colors are references to his past appearances. (Definitely gonna be using the Super Metroid red alt.)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That just means they haven't put all the skins in the version of the game being played on E3. Meta Ridley being an echo makes less than zero sense.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Holy **** he's actually in.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately guys. My stream and youtube are a lot to keep up with now so I haven't been on Smashboards a lot this speculation season. On top of that I've been at E3 so I haven't found a time to hop in.

But we really did it guys. After speculating with you guys so much Pre-Smash 4, and lurking way back during Brawl, its incredible that he's finally here.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I will never not laugh at this video, especially the line, "That's not Mewtwo, you ***".

But for real, that's super cool. Vindication is sweet.
With the exception of Vaati and Eggplant Wizard, we'll be able to recreate that video in-game once the game comes out!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So it's officially been two days now since Ridley's reveal. We still feeling good?
Still feeling great. I've been finding myself going to his trailer multiple times whenever I'm on youtube, and I've been watching some matches to see how he plays.

Does anybody else think his meta ridley alt will be just like little Mac's wireframe, and we'll be getting 8 alt colors of that as well as 8 in his original form?
Possibly, though I'm curious what colors they'd use outside of MP3 Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, and maybe Proteus Ridley if they did that.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Still feeling great. I've been finding myself going to his trailer multiple times whenever I'm on youtube, and I've been watching some matches to see how he plays.

Possibly, though I'm curious what colors they'd use outside of MP3 Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, and maybe Proteus Ridley if they did that.
Ridley robot or prime concept art? Idk. Omega metroid coloration?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
With the exception of Vaati and Eggplant Wizard, we'll be able to recreate that video in-game once the game comes out!
Plus we can add Bowser Jr. for yet another villain. :4bowserjr:

IronTed

Smash Ace
So that gives us (I added my own ideas)

1. Prime Meta Ridley
  2. Prime 3 Meta Ridley
  3. Omega Ridley
  4. Proteus Ridley
  5. Ridley Robot
  6. Prime Concept Art
  7. Animatronic Ridley (from Nintendoland)
  8. IDK, Ice Ridley? (Nintendoland again)

Edit: Nevermind I can't read.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
IsmaR IsmaR Just saw the new name of the thread, and I have to say nice.
Now I want a smooth jazz remix of Lower Norfair to accompany my socializing.

StormC

Smash Hero
i see... i think k rool would be better as an assist trophy but that’s just my opinion
You're wrong, but nobody's perfect.

Really hope Lower Norfair is in the game as a song. It's probably my favorite Metroid track... that or Phendrana Drifts, of course.

ridleystan

Smash Cadet
The overwhelming majority of Ridley supporters are also K. Rool supporters... so y'know.
i would enjoy new characters no matter what and id appreciate seeing k rool in the game don’t get me wrong i just think he has the potential to be a good assist trophy

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm not sure on Ridley Robot since Base Ridley has it, but I did forget about his Prime Concept art one. The Omega Metroid would be a good option, and if we dip into other major villains, a Kraid or Mother Brain one would be nice to refer to his original partners in crime.

So that gives us (I added my own ideas)

1. Prime Meta Ridley
  2. Prime 3 Meta Ridley
  3. Omega Ridley
  4. Proteus Ridley
  5. Ridley Robot
  6. Prime Concept Art
  7. Animatronic Ridley (from Nintendoland)
  8. IDK, Ice Ridley? (Nintendoland again)

Edit: Nevermind I can't read.
Animatronic Ridley would be a great option, and I'd be up for the Ice version as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You're wrong, but nobody's perfect.

Really hope Lower Norfair is in the game as a song. It's probably my favorite Metroid track... that or Phendrana Drifts, of course.

My favorite has always been Brinstar Depths

Edit: Or I guess it was originally called "Kraid's Hideout/ Lair"

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ridley looks so scurred
xD Oh my, that's adorable! Though Ridley indeed looks pretty tall when standing straight. But still, PERFECT.

Dalek, a question, is it just me or this specific social doesn't appear in the "watched threads"/forums section? I don't know if I'm missing something, as I already put watch to it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The story why I like Kraid's Lair is actually kind of funny

I hadn't actually played Metroid 1 at this point (Actually I probably did, just not got very far in it), I only owned Super Metroid and I can't remember if the song is in it, but I don't think it is.

I was looking at the internet for this upcoming game "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask" but I also had a Metroid fansite opened in a different window (This is before tabs existed). The Metroid site had Kraid's Lair playing and it had this super mysterious sound to it. But I didn't realize it was the metroid site playing it at the time and it actually gave Majora's Mask this mysterious vibe to it in the already strange way the game looks.

I eventually figured out it was the Metroid site that was playing it. But since then I have always liked that song.

Last edited:

ridleystan

Smash Cadet
The story why I like Kraid's Lair is actually kind of funny

I hadn't actually played Metroid 1 at this point (Actually I probably did, just not got very far in it), I only owned Super Metroid and I can't remember if the song is in it, but I don't think it is.

I was looking at the internet for this upcoming game "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask" but I also had a Metroid fansite opened in a different window (This is before tabs existed). The Metroid site had Kraid's Lair playing and it had this super mysterious sound to it. But I didn't realize it was the metroid site playing it at the time and it actually gave Majora's Mask this mysterious vibe to it in the already strange way the game looks.

I eventually figured out it was the Metroid site that was playing it. But since then I have always liked that song.
that whole atmosphere must have been creepy but enchanting

but as a person who’s pretty young (late teenage years) im still surprised whenever i realize that an old internet existed with games of the past being treated like ultimate and odyssey. i cant even imagine what it would be like. i find it so fascinating

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
A lot of Japanese fans on Twitter were asking where K. Rool was :nifty:
The overwhelming majority of Ridley supporters are also K. Rool supporters... so y'know.
There is also a thread for K. Rool, so no reason to have an attitude towards non supporters of K. Rool here. Then again this seems common for many Rool supporters and why I left the thread back in the Smash 4 days.

Also, you need to back up that claim. "The overwhelming majority of Ridley supporters are also K. Rool's". I know I am, but where is that data proving that?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
once again i am being attacked for presenting new ideas
Fam c'mon that's not a new idea. K. Rool as an AT would be better than *nothing* obviously, but we've been fighting almost as long as Ridley fans for this, and usually have eachother's backs. We're trying to get our character the representation he deserves just like the Space Pirates were.

Is someone saying "I think Ridley would be better as an AT" a new idea? Nah.

ATs are basically death sentences.

StormC

Smash Hero
There is also a thread for K. Rool, so no reason to have an attitude towards non supporters of K. Rool here. Then again this seems common for many Rool supporters and why I left the thread back in the Smash 4 days.
There's also no point in randomly saying the character is better off as an AT, especially one so popular in Smash communities in general, all it does is invite arguing. I left it at that but now you're choosing to dig it back up, lol.

Also, you need to back up that claim. "The overwhelming majority of Ridley supporters are also K. Rool's". I know I am, but where is that data proving that?
Intuition mate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom