• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel like the RIdley model needs more saturation

I'm sure there is an alternate costume though that I'll enjoy

Especially if I was right about that purple and green one

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
After all these years...

I'm so happy I could cry....
I even met my girlfriend on a little Ridley for Brawl forum... just over 10 years ago... I can't believe it...

And this all started because I thought he was going to be playable in Melee after seeing its intro on, what must have been Christmas day 2001. I know I'm not alone on that, lol.

Also hey Andrea. I'm seeing some familiar names. It's good to see you all around to join in on this JOY.
Dude, can I like, hug you or something?

IronTed

Smash Ace
Oi. One Dragon Ball joke at a time.
On a side note, someone at GameXplain captured this...
View attachment 148069

This one replaces her Dark Samus alt.
This can mean only one thing...
Wait, could we seriously be getting another Metroid rep?

I get DS would just be an echo fighter, and not even get a separate slot, but that would be some very sweet icing on the already delicious cake.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I kind of feel like the RIdley model needs more saturation

I'm sure there is an alternate costume though that I'll enjoy

Especially if I was right about that purple and green one
I actually really like how desaturated it is, it makes him look scarier and fits his aesthetic more, I always hated how in other m he was this deep bright purple, and then in smash 4 he was still this really bright colour.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Wait, could we seriously be getting another Metroid rep?

I get DS would just be an echo fighter, and not even get a separate slot, but that would be some very sweet icing on the already delicious cake.
Yeah I think DS is likely. I’m pretty sure she has always been decently popular and was actually quite a few people’s backup picks whenever Ridley would get deconfirmed so an Echo role for her seems likely.

StormC

Smash Hero
Part of me wishes the leaker didn't say anything so we could be totally surprised but there was enough room for doubt that it was still an absolute shocker when it happened - and seeing him in the flesh for the first time was unreal.

I think what's really crazy is seeing him in brightly lit areas. He's always hiding in dark corners in Metroid.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
Part of me wishes the leaker didn't say anything so we could be totally surprised but there was enough room for doubt that it was still an absolute shocker when it happened - and seeing him in the flesh for the first time was unreal.

I think what's really crazy is seeing him in brightly lit areas. He's always hiding in dark corners in Metroid.
Makes me glad I knew nothing about that leak before the Direct. It probably would have hampered my excitement some.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Seeing Mario and Megaman "biting the bullet" was kind of savage, brutal and cool. Not what I expect to see in such a game like Smash but it makes sense for the character.

RATED T FOR TEEN CONFIRMED~?
Ridley is The Walking Dead :troll:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
It's great that now, we get to see images like this on the official Smash site.
The best part of the treehouse was watching Ridley riding the dragoon, a warp star and using the tanooki leaf :rotfl:

Our outcry is why he's in.
If we had given up, perhaps this day would not have come...
We ****ing did it!!!
Absolutely and I love it. It felt so good earing Sakurai saying during the treehouse that the reason he's in is basicaly … us :D

Is it wrong my favourite part of the trailer is Ridley twirling Mario's hat?
Nope cause it's mine too ahahah
I think the reason is because it shows at the same time his sadistic yet intelligent personality. I love how they're treating him for what he really is, Sakurai is the best when he wants :love:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found a pic of how Ridley looked in the 80's and man has he grown

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I have a little question. Now that he's in, should we move to the official Ridley's section? I think so but this thread is still open...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a little question. Now that he's in, should we move to the official Ridley's section? I think so but this thread is still open...
This thread is IN the official Ridley Section, pinned

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Good Times, Happy Times,
Super glad this has happened, he looks so good
I need... to draw in celebration

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Good Times, Happy Times,
Super glad this has happened, he looks so good
I need... to draw in celebration
:D I'm looking forward to see what you come up with, Dusty! xD I was drawing his new design quite a lot yesterday after screaming like crazy, it is rather complicated but fun, though I try to simplify it to fit my style with Classic Rids and silly Roidley.
1.jpg

I'm honestly eager to do more. :>

Culex

Smash Rookie
Ridley belongs into Smash Bros.
Super hyped that he finally made the cut this time!

I think we'll see less Ridley memes in the future though.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So. Off-topic, but...

Now that Ridley's clear, would you be fine with a playable boss mode? If so, who would you want to play?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So. Off-topic, but...

Now that Ridley's clear, would you be fine with a playable boss mode? If so, who would you want to play?
I would think there would be no point into adding that. I dunno, if these were like some of the bosses of Subspace now gladly excluding Ridley/Meta Ridley, maybe Rayquaza just because gotta love dragons, but, would it be like that? Or how Roidley works in Smash4? I'm confused.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would think there would be no point into adding that. I dunno, if these were like some of the bosses of Subspace now gladly excluding Ridley/Meta Ridley, maybe Rayquaza just because gotta love dragons, but, would it be like that? Or how Roidley works in Smash4? I'm confused.
Rayquaza is too big

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Are there already footage of Ridley using goofy items or being expulsed on screen ?
I wanna see him being a derp, cause it's smash after all

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master

I’m good with that. The big memes basically make you politely fake laugh and go “haha yeah, he’s big” at this point. It’s a 10 year old joke after all, and the lifespan of a meme these days is about a month.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on getting your character, guys! I thought it was impossible but Sakurai proved me wrong.

Welp. Started udating the OP. Starting to move it away from speculation and towards being moveset related. So surreal that we get to start talking about competetive viability and his in-game moves now. Only basic stuff for now. Also lol old OP is so big it got split into multiple spoilers. Fitting.

I can't wait for the Ridley version of this.
Literally the first thing I thought of when I saw that hammer image.
:061:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I found a footage showing the 8 alt colors of Ridley in the demo build
It really looks like the alt the fan used in their mods lol

rodleycolors.png

UltimateWario

Smash Master
OH **** BAGAN’S GONNA SUE

No but those are like, almost dead on Bagan’s colors. Truly a visionary ahead of his time.

Also, from left to right, top to bottom:
Standard, Super, Zero Mission, Other M (maybe?), NES/Mecha, Brawl, Fusion, and then an orange one. I like that orange one.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
This thread is IN the official Ridley Section, pinned
ops I didn't notice it was moved, thank you ^^

So. Off-topic, but...
Actually, Ridley or not, to me the "playable boss mode" is a bad idea.
But it'd be cool to play as Duon :rotfl: (still think it's the best boss ever in a smash game, hoping for a SSE2 with him in it).

Are there already footage of Ridley using goofy items or being expulsed on screen ?
I wanna see him being a derp, cause it's smash after all
In the first smash treehouse part (the one with Masahiro in it) we already saw Ridley using the dragoon, the warp star, the pokeball and the tanooki leaf… it was BEAUTIFUL :love:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
So. Off-topic, but...

Yeeeeaaaaah, no, that still doesn't sound fun to me, it's like Mario Party 10 with the Bowser mode, it doesn't sound like it would play in a way that was fun for everyone.

Well, you know as dead a meme can be...
one they used themselves in his tagline...
Yeah it'll probably used around the same amount honestly.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So. Off-topic, but...

I agree with AndreaAC on this one. The thing with the mode is that it was often suggested as a way to get Ridley as a playable character in some fashion, which is now not needed as he's a fully playable character with no conditions. So without him to headline the mode, there's not a lot of reason to get it in as an option, particularly since there's not that many boss characters that would be interesting enough to play as through that mode.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found a footage showing the 8 alt colors of Ridley in the demo build
It really looks like the alt the fan used in their mods lol

View attachment 148142
It looks kinda like there are 2 purple and green ones.

One of them probably has lighting issues. One of them is based on the Metroid 1 colors though and that's the one I'll probably be using

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Any footage of Ridley's victory screens yet? I'm curious to see them, but every video I find of people using Ridley has him losing. lol

StormC

Smash Hero
I just wish Ridley was on the boxart. Inkling being the only newcomer on it is kinda lame.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Any footage of Ridley's victory screens yet? I'm curious to see them, but every video I find of people using Ridley has him losing. lol
He may have a high learning curve or be difficult to get used to. I like that. Means online won’t be crowded with him so I can be special.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Makes me glad I knew nothing about that leak before the Direct. It probably would have hampered my excitement some.
Personally, I never believed the leak, nor did I see any leak that claimed literally all characters would return. Still, any leak that mentioned Ridley felt cheap given that Ridley could be seen as a character to include if you wanted your leak to be seen as credible. Even with knowledge of the leak, I went in with no expectations, and was ultimately excited.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I just wish Ridley was on the boxart. Inkling being the only newcomer on it is kinda lame.
He's in the complete art, but I wanted him on box one too.
Guess he was too big and would have taken too much space :chuckle:

Top Bottom