• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

I wonder how long it's going to take for sections like these to get mods, or if they are just going to wait to see if activity picks up when the game realses

Also. . .premium members can now main Ridley AND get him the back of your posts wihtout Ridleyboards!

Will probably be an emote soon too! . . .been waiting on a Ridley emote for a damn long time
:061:

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I wonder how long it's going to take for sections like these to get mods, or if they are just going to wait to see if activity picks up when the game realses

Also. . .premium members can now main Ridley AND get him the back of your posts wihtout Ridleyboards!

Will probably be an emote soon too! . . .been waiting on a Ridley emote for a damn long time
A Ridley sprite emote would be super fly, like :006: or :samus:. Dunno what it would be used for though.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Same, I'm loving the minimal style.
04 Samus.png
29 Zero Suit Samus.png
65 Ridley.png

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
No. Ridley already perfectly represents it alone and him being the only actual brutal type character is brilliant.
Not that you're wrong, but funny you say that when you have an avatar of an MK character. :p

I don't know why I made this.
Those who felt emotionally validated by Sakurai before with those statements must be feeling it now huh?

*test reply to see if Ridley appears in my background post
edit: Wasn't at first, but now he is. :)

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Not sure if anyone has posted this from the Ridley Discord but this is a fairly accurate representation of the aftermath of the direct. HIGH VOLUME WARNING!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not sure if anyone has posted this from the Ridley Discord but this is a fairly accurate representation of the aftermath of the direct. HIGH VOLUME WARNING!
My favorite thing is still people saying purple Charizard is out of place/stands out there more than Ridley Silverlake.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh man, I've been watching some of the Riddles gameplay and he looks great! That tail-stab!? The Dorf's gonna be pissed he's losing the "Most damaging move" award.

I am so ready to play this!

But now I really want Dovahkiin, just to be able to have the dragonborn vs. space dragon fight.

---

Curiosity: Riddles had 8 color swaps in the demo, but we know Meta Rids is inbound. More than 8 swaps confirmed? And for multiple characters? Or DLC outfits?

I really want the TP looks back for the Zelda crew, or Ganon's HW mane. And I'd love to see a Team Rocket Trainer, particularly if that got him legit shiny Zard and Squirtle Shades.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh man, I've been watching some of the Riddles gameplay and he looks great! That tail-stab!? The Dorf's gonna be pissed he's losing the "Most damaging move" award.

But now I really want Dovahkiin, just to be able to have the dragonborn vs. space dragon fight.

---

Curiosity: Riddles had 8 color swaps in the demo, but we know Meta Rids is inbound. More than 8 swaps confirmed? And for multiple characters? Or DLC outfits?

I really want the TP looks back for the Zelda crew, or Ganon's HW mane. And I'd love to see a Team Rocket Trainer, particularly if that got him legit shiny Zard and Squirtle Shades.
I'm still holding out hope for Old Snake alt costume. That's probably my biggest want along with the (already fulfilled) Meta-Ridley and Kaptain K. Rool.

If Meta-Ridley has the Super Red color, I will pretty much use that one exclusively.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I would LOVE to see K.Rool come in with Kaptain as an alt. Especially if they give him his blunderbuss.

And I've never even played any DK games outside of DK64 (which is more than the number of Metroid games I've played). Kaptain just seems so iconic.

StormC

Smash Hero
I would LOVE to see K.Rool come in with Kaptain as an alt. Especially if they give him his blunderbuss.

And I've never even played any DK games outside of DK64 (which is more than the number of Metroid games I've played). Kaptain just seems so iconic.
Cloud, Bayonetta, and Ridley have given me enough confidence that K. Rool will almost certainly have a Kaptain alt.

He just needs to get in the damn game first.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

---

I'd love to have a South Park Stick of Truth rep :p

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but both VoiD and Zero said they’d main Ridley, and M2K said Ridley is good but some of his moves are slow. So yeah, Ridley seems like he’ll at least be high tier depending on the meta. Either way he’ll be one of my mains.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'm reaaally impatiently waiting for December 7th now. I want to play as Ridley so badly now. I love that he seems to be high-damage, but also that he's easy to combo. I don't think I could be any happier with how he looks and I can't wait to play him.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD This is the best thing to wake up to! Thank you so much!

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I just had a moment in another thread when discussing my most wanted newcomer. The moment was when I stated my most wanted was someone other than Ridley. It was so wierrrrd. Ridley has been my most wanted since brawl and literally the entire time I've speculated on newcomers. I've never not had Ridley as my most wanted.

What is this brave new world? :ultridley:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I just had a moment in another thread when discussing my most wanted newcomer. The moment was when I stated my most wanted was someone other than Ridley. It was so wierrrrd. Ridley has been my most wanted since brawl and literally the entire time I've speculated on newcomers. I've never not had Ridley as my most wanted.
It's a world where Ridley returned to his NES size to be playable in Smash Bros.

StormC

Smash Hero

Ridley was never quite my most wanted but he did get bumped up with each game.

He was my fourth most wanted in Brawl (behind Diddy, Dedede, and Samurai Goroh), third most wanted in 4 (behind K. Rool and Mega Man) and second most wanted for 5 (behind... y'know).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

It's so weird being able to lean back and just wait, no more reading into every little detail as being a hint or analyzing clouds or shadows, no more fakes leaks and detractors bashing us over the head, now we can just happily watch the chaos unfold from the sidelines instead of being at the heart of it. There are still some characters I'd like to see make it, but I'm not desperate for them at all, for the first time I'm completely satisfied. Crazy times.

First time posting here. So happy the Lord of the space pirates finally has his rightfully spot at the roster!

ZeRo did an analysis of the character trailers and talked a bit about his impressions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYj_r_fpHgE

Ridley's at the end. Things look promising for our favorite villain!
Welcome aboard.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Is it bad that I'm cool with not getting ANY of the other characters I wanted? Seriously, Ridley was all I needed.

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
I think it would have been better if Ridley was the 64th character added to the Smash series since he first appeared in Smash on the N64.

StormC

Smash Hero
Something that dawned on me earlier.

Remember this little snot?

Guess he ran his mouth too much and is paying the price for it now.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
XP Maybe that was because...
View attachment 148751
xD I had to post it here too.
I was looking for Ridley-based wallpapers for my PC to replace the Metroid Prime one I’ve had for ages and found your DA, which reminded me of this place. I remembered that emotions page you drew for Ridley and I was like, “I should check that place out again, fight the bad fight.”

So just know that you’re doing a good job as Ridley’s propaganda artist.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Any particular Ridley themes that you hope they include in the game? Obviously the Brawl one will be in there, as well as that remix from his character trailer, and definitely Meta-Ridley's theme.

Personally, I really hope
Proteus Ridley Phase 3 makes it, I really loved this theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsNTB0TJP7k

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Something that dawned on me earlier.

Remember this little snot?

Guess he ran his mouth too much and is paying the price for it now.
That's absolute gold, I remember getting genuinely furious at that piece of **** bunny for that lmao, even an AT is probably more than he deserves. So many of these things have become really funny to look back on now.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I was looking for Ridley-based wallpapers for my PC to replace the Metroid Prime one I’ve had for ages and found your DA, which reminded me of this place. I remembered that emotions page you drew for Ridley and I was like, “I should check that place out again, fight the bad fight.”

So just know that you’re doing a good job as Ridley’s propaganda artist.
xD You really did? I mean, I posted just a few stuff of Rids there a while ago but now it is mostly hidden! But Glad you did!

^u^ Aw, thank you so much! I'm still as happy to keep drawing him as I was before the reveal! But now with a little bit of BOOST POWER! Haha! :p

Also, have you guys seen this?

xD I would have loved to be there!

Proteus Ridley Phase 3 makes it, I really loved this theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsNTB0TJP7k
Best Ridley theme IMO. The fact it is a final boss theme for once helps give it that little 'oomph' to surpass the rest. Also, best boss fight in any Metroid game for me, by far. Between it and his inclusion in Smash, Ridley's been getting a lot of love recently.

On that topic, I know it's likely never happening, but would anyone else like if Ridley had a Proteus costume? More specifically one based on the official artwork:

Edit: I don't know why, but the images are not loading. Just search 'Proteus Ridley Artwork' on Google.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
That's absolutely gold, I remember getting genuinely furious at that piece of **** bunny for that lmao, even an AT is probably more than he deserves. So many of these things have become really funny to look back on now.
Is that bunny one of the ATs we can KO like Takamaru and Waluigi?

Top Bottom