• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love wolf but some questions

Thrahser

Smash Rookie
I usually play D3 or Pit, but I was looking for someone with some power and a spike to add to the mix. Wolf fit great. I love his combos and smashes, ledge scaring and I find his spike to be the best that I've used, but I have trouble recovering sometimes after a spike. If I am below the edge of the platform I make it back up about half of the time, other times I end up hitting below the platform. Any tips?

waks

Smash Journeyman
Dont use 2nd jump if youre gonna spike somebody thats quite below the platform perhaps?

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
As far as getting to the ledge after spiking goes, I usually just try and position myself underneath it and then I don't even need to aim my recovery to grab the ledge. Just as long as you don't jump out too far you should be fine.

From my experiences, spiking with Wolf is easy on Smashville and Battlefield or any stage where the ledge is easy to grab. While you need to be a lot more careful on Final Destination.

I'm not sure how long you've been playing Wolf, but if you only recently picked him up, his recovery takes some time to get used too.

I'm not too good at explaining this stuff, but hopefully it can still help.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, for starters, Wolf doesn't have the best spike. It's not too shabby, but it's kind of slow. I find Diddy's to be the best, but it ALWAYS spikes, which is good, unlike Falco's now.

I use the control stick and A (sometimes) to spike and I don't have problems. Basically, someone already said what I was going to tell you.

Waks said don't use your double jump... yeah, don't.

Regardless if the spike hits or not, don't try to recovery directly vertical. That is risky business all around. A 45 or 22.5 degree angle are best. With practice you'll get it done.

Top Bottom