• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Losing a lot of GSP

Dunharrow

Smash Cadet
I'm losing almost 200, 000 per loss and only gaining about 75 thousand a win. What is going on

Dunharrow

Smash Cadet
It seems totally random. Maybe if you lose to someone lower ranked than you, you lose more. But it feels like I can't progress at all even with an above 50% win rate

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, the GSP system does seem to be random, but does anyone else think it is a little unbalanced, in terms of how many points it may give per win or loss? As in a little disproportionate in giving out points, sometimes? And potentially giving some more gains or loss in points while others gain or lose less?

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
If I had to guess:
GSP is not the only indicator of your skill level and that there is probably a hidden number attached to your account (like your roster GSP) that is taken into consideration w/ your character GSP.

That or Nintendo might be changing matchmaking regularly because the game is new. I would give this game about a year to stabilize since it is so new and people keep buying the game. The player population is increasing so naturally, the way GSP changes goes along with that.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
It's stupid because last time I checked losing one match doesn't make me objectively worse than five hundred thousand people at the game and yet Nintendo acts like you suck at the game every time you lose.

Top Bottom