• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lordy's Monthly v5 Results - Grand Rapids, MI (1/26/13)

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Someone please explain to me how this is not johning
I seem to recall nearly coming back from a 2v1 against Diddy/D3, and trashing the D3... in a match where one team knew it was a tournament match, and the other team was playing like a friendly.

And I wasn't playing like I would a tournament.
Or how about we go over some of the best from the past.

"I up-b'd the wrong way"
"you only won because I hold my controller wrong"
"I only lost because I was so mad about my wii, by the time I looked up I was losing"

I can go on all day.

A piece of advice, more people would like you Super if you didn't make such an *** of yourself all the time. Bragging about sub-par wins or almost keeping up with ally in a friendly. None of us want to or care to hear that. And when someone does beat you, you come up with some ridiculous excuse as to why you lost rather than just accepting the fact that you were outplayed. When someone tries to point this out to you you just laugh it off like its no big deal. Its getting really repetitive and old.

fZk

Smash Lord
>> Repeatedly say you played better
>> Repeatedly claim you should have won
>> Going over my faults as a player is treated as johns.
>> Thus I am not giving credit.

Pfffft, I john like it's my job. I'm thinking politics. Real talk, if you hear me going over why I lost or played poorly, it's because it's how I organize my thoughts better. I don't remember things well unless I say them, or type them to remind myself. I am very aware it what it comes off as not giving credit, but I want you to know that you did play very well. Your ability to adapt was akin to, as everyone was fond of shouting, "download complete."

I'm sorry I gave such a poor impression, but I have to do what I do so I remember the lessons a match teaches me. By claiming, "I freakin' SD'd" I aim to keep that fresh in my memory so I don't do it again. It's not to belittle your success in the game, it's to shame myself. Again, I'm sorry. I'm very aware that it comes off as excuses, and in the moment I'll play up the johns because, really, they are in some capacity, I'm sure. I'm known for the johns, but I know the score. You did well and deserved to have made it into Grand Finals. I just hope to keep playing and give you a match we can both be proud of.
Sorry if I came off a bit harsh. I didn't mean giving me credit in particular, I meant more as instead of always thinking in terms of "I messed up because of inputs or whatever" think more along the lines "my opponent is outplaying me now, what do I need to change to stop it". Keep in mind not only your play but your opponent's too, this will help you improve greatly as it makes your game more dynamic when you learn to adapt and make adjustments when necessary. I understand if you need to remind yourself things before, during or after matches to help yourself but I suggest keeping them internally as it does become annoying.

Amity

Sadboi
Switch FC
SW-0822-7258-0511
Very fun tourney, I'm really glad I went. I was playing pretty well, happy with my performance. Sorry I barely played any friendlies at all, going deep on both events made me only play my sets and barely anything else.

1: L_Cancel ($66.00) - Oh man I almost had you. Great seeing you as always, hit me up with your plans for SWEET.

2: fZk ($33.00)

3: Tech_Chase ($11.00) - Nice seeing you again Derek, we finally had a set that didn't last 40 minutes. I think you should stay Wario against me.

4: Marco - My girl got LOW. <3 u babe

5: Goddy - Great that you decided to come out with us. Good job getting top 5 and beating Amity. We should hang more.

5: Lordy - Get owned by EL, told you you weren't beating me again. Thanks a lot for hosting and having us over, it's always fun.

7: Amity -- GG. You were playing really unsafe, I could tell you have a lot of problems with the Diddy matchup, I can help you with that.

7: TBird - You've improved a lot, good choice in switching to snake. Keep at it and you'll be a treat at these.

9: SuperTH - Super you're a nice guy and a very good player, but for ****'s sake stop johning so much. In all my years of playing I have never met someone that johns as much as you and is so unwilling to give credit to others. You really need to work on that, it will help you become a better player.

9: Red - GGs in PM. I think you had an off day/

9: BFlake - didn't play

9: Jawsome - I barely saw you at this. We need to play and talk more.

13: Cocksock - Still the best name.

13: Legit - Tom!!!! You seem to be stuck in a hump you can't get over, I can help you with that. Work on mixups and being more unpredictable.

13: Hyde - It's not a West MI tourney if we don't get a Lucas ditto in. Sorry for our set, I wanted to warm up with Diddy so I went hard.

13: Sophy - didn't play this time.
17: Jewswag - second best name.
17: Leo
17: A2
17: Hallurak
17: rsr2 - Nice meeting you.
17: Nom

Great games to everybody i played in PM, I will practice more and try to become better. Had tons of fun and I like the game even more now.
FZK... Ahh man.. You bodied me so hard. Lol I was like.. Omg bananas = overwhelmed. XD I would really appreciate the match up help. Haha I tried my best tho and I promise you soon enough I'll be a good challenge for you. :3

:phone:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to Lordy for Hosting another great event
Shoutouts to everyone on the roof, Fun was had
Shoutouts to Quad DK matches
Shoutouts to Lordy Laughing so hard at every fair hit making me laugh so hard I cried
Shoutouts to Tech saying he didnt want to team with me until we played some team friendlies
Shoutouts to Tech for always having an extra stock
Shoutouts to Marco for forgetting to go low against my diddy
Shoutouts to fZk for ****** me in singles MM
Shoutouts to West MI for the MM's
Shoutouts to ;) Rum
Anti-Shoutouts to Goddy for not MMing me before he left

D

Deleted member

Great tournament.
Great experience.

My rust definitely showed this tournament. :urg:

1: L_Cancel ($66.00) :olimar: I'm more afraid of your MK than your Olimar.
2: fZk ($33.00) :diddy: :love:
4: Marco :metaknight: :love:
5: Goddy :metaknight: Should've went lower.
5: Lordy :metaknight:/:falcon: Too bad we didn't get to get more matches in because that's one of the reasons I came to this tournament.
7: Amity :snake: You're getting better at the MU, but you need to work on your habits.
7: TBird :snake: Best name.
9: SuperTH :marth: Drop Marth and pickup MK.
9: Red :sheik: Best name.
9: BFlake :olimar: Drop Olimar and pickup MK.
9: Jawsome :pikachu2: You're not bad, you just have bad habits.
13: Cocksock :zerosuitsamus: Best name.
17: Jewswag :lucas: Best name.
17: rsr2 :wolf: :love:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
1: L_Cancel ($66.00) - Congratulations on another win. And good games. Admittedly, I do not have an answer to Olimar yet and my Falco was super rusty. But I would not have won anyway. One day I'll give you a set worth remembering. Count on it.

2: fZk ($33.00) - I knew I was going to lose to you when we played lol. I was just not ready for it. Good games as always. Next time, I'll give you the real deal though. I learn something from every loss I take from you.

3: Tech_Chase ($11.00) - You know what to do baby!

4: Marco - Should have went lower baby girl.

5: Goddy - Sexy.

5: Lordy - Thanks again for another fun event! And the hour's worth of friendlies was totally fun too. I don't know if you're ready for my :dedede: yet but you're getting there. Keep that pimp hand strong baby and keep improving.

7: Amity - Welp, we got 1 match in. Better than nothing lmao.

7: TBird - And the award for Most Improved Player goes to this man! You got a lot better since the last time we played! Good stuff!

9: SuperTH - Glad I didn't have to play you in PM. Sonic looks mad gay lmao. Nice to see you again. And oh, I'm going to be candid with you. I talked with like 4 of the new people (people I have never met before) and all of them said that you were really disrespectful towards them after you beat them. This is not okay. Treat your neighbor with respect. Especially these newer players. I hope you keep that in mind.

9: Red - Good games in doubles girl. That vodka...:yeahboi:

9: Jawsome - Daddy's favorite <3 Thanks again for making my experiences with West MI always fun as ****. I look forward to hanging out with you again Mike. Oh and I look forward to seeing you try to get your revenge in PM. Key words: Try. :denzel:

13: Cocksock - Cody, it was nice to see you again :) I don't really need to give you a big shoutout because I said everything I needed to in person. Take my advice to heart and the sky is the limit for you baby!

13: Legit - Nice to see you again Tom. And GGs. I think next time, I'm gonna body you in the ditto. :yeahboi:

13: Hyde - I like your fashion sense.

13: Sophy - Hey sexy <3 Nice to see you again as always. Didn't get to talk to you as much as I would have liked but it was great to see you again.

17: Jewswag - Lmao at this name.

17: Leo - Good games in Project Melee and nice talking to you/meeting you. You seem like a cool kid. And thanks for calling me an wise old black man lmao.

17: A2 - Fun money match in PM. Keep improving upon that :falcon:!

17: Hallurak - Nice to see you again.

17: rsr2 - We've learned how to speak!! Nice to see you again and those Ganon matches were ****ing hilarious. I think I cried a few times at how much laughed lmao.

17: Nom - Om nom now?

Shoutouts to DRDN for surprising me in doubles/following my lead well. I underestimated you a partner prior to doing some friendlies. You know what you're doing. Good stuff.

And shoutouts to anyone I played in PM, whether it was a friendly or tournament.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Olimar free.

JK, I have a negative record against L_Cancel (and his 50 dozen moniques >.>) too LOL.

:phone:

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
1: L_Cancel ($66.00) @~(:0)
2: fZk ($33.00) yoooo! You come so close everytimg! You're really good Juan, I think if you played more often you could easily become one of the best in the MW. I feel like a learn a lot every time we play tooo, looking forward to the next time already! XD
3: Tech_Chase ($11.00) I'm glad you came! it's always awesome to see you! you did solid in every event, are you comaining wario with DDD?
4: Marco - SO LOW. Did this event inspire you to keep playing? It's always fun having you and Juan come down. West Michigan!(:
5: Goddy - yoOooo! MK dittos the best! It was nice to see you again, we should play more next time!
5: Lordy /Yooo! the competition was harder this time, but I feel like you'll learn a lot from your losses and come back stronger than ever. GGs in dubs! Team Rockford!
7: Amity - It was nice to see you! You should come more often!
7: TBird - Most improved player award??? I think so
9: SuperTH - Congrats at PM, your Marth is also looking promising in brawl. XD Keep it up!
9: Red - YoOoO! we didn't get to chat much, but we had some nice friendlies, I feel like you're starting to get a handle on the Oli MU, you're a lot less reckless and try to pick your times to jump in, which is good, keep it up!
9: BFlake - Olimar represent! @~(:0)
9: Jawsome - Always nice seeing you!
13: Cocksock - We didn't get to play this time ;-;
13: Legit - Best G&W in MI, I feel like we didn't have as much time to sitdown and play and talk this time, I got you next tourney!
13: Hyde - We didn't get to play this time ;-;
13: Sophy - GGs sir! I'm glad you enjoyed our set(:
17: rsr2 - I'm glad you and your group made it out! Lordy's events are always mad chill~

root - I wish I had made it in time for PM, it was nice seeing you again! I'm impressed how much the pm scene has developed in west mi in just a few short months

LOE1

Smash Lord
tech just pick up :wario: for everyone. i'll teach you the ways of being gay with him :denzel:

Top Bottom