• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking to start a weekly Smash Scene (Northeast Ohio)

Souly

Smash Rookie
Between Cleveland and Canton. At a library or a game store. I know nothing on how to start one. Some ideas could help. Please leave Feedback. Thanks

theDew601

Smash Rookie
Just Smash Wii U or other stuff too? Also are you talking around the Akron area or something more like Medina?

coot_

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to start up a scene for Cleveland as well. I have everything needed for a stream besides a capture card.
PC Specs: http://gyazo.com/8d676377622f8b5a357f3b4444f1c9b9
Currently 1 Webcam: Logitech HD C310
Wii U with Mayflash GC adapter, 2 quality GC controllers for those who don't have any.
I can also make the stream overlay/scenes and I can edit matches for youtube as well.
Anyone interested message me so we can work out a location and anything else needed to get this running.

theDew601

Smash Rookie
I think it would definitely be a good idea to look at the PGH/NEOH Facebook and website. I know they have a bi-weekly in North Canton and there seems to be a few more tournaments coming up this month but I couldn't find any more info about them.

coot_

Smash Rookie
I'm looking to start up a consistent weekly tourney for the Cleveland area, I know there has to be a ton of people who want a convenient tourney to go to up around Cleveland.

theDew601

Smash Rookie
I feel that on the outer edge of Cleveland towards Akron would be the most convenient for the most people. Wouldn't be too much of a problem for people from Canton either.
Definitely good stuff right there. A weekly would be awesome, especially if it was near the north edge of Akron or the south edge of Cleveland. I'd still recommend cooperating with the existing scene though, they'll help and I'm sure they'd welcome another weekly here in Ohio instead of just MOAL in Pitt.

coot_

Smash Rookie
Definitely good stuff right there. A weekly would be awesome, especially if it was near the north edge of Akron or the south edge of Cleveland. I'd still recommend cooperating with the existing scene though, they'll help and I'm sure they'd welcome another weekly here in Ohio instead of just MOAL in Pitt.
Who would I contact to work something out with?
Edit: Sent a member request to the NEOH/PGH facebook.

Last edited:

theDew601

Smash Rookie
Who would I contact to work something out with?
Edit: Sent a member request to the NEOH/PGH facebook.
Yeah I'd say just post something there about it and they'll contact you. Awesome to see this is real!

NightmareSnake

Smash Rookie
NNID
NightmareSnak3
3DS FC
1177-8384-3304
I have no input for you about a venue. However, I live in Canton, and am interested in showing up if you can get it going.

Smoose

Smash Rookie
NNID
battleread99
I feel that on the outer edge of Cleveland towards Akron would be the most convenient for the most people. Wouldn't be too much of a problem for people from Canton either.
I live in North Canton area, and I'd love to play in a smash 4 or any other smash tourney for that matter. Anything between Cleveland and here would be okay for a group of friends of mine.

Souly

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys, been really busy during baseball season. Haven't been smashing alot. I still would love to do a weekly. We need a venue though.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Any local community establishments that would like business or are likely to host an event? Assuming that they're large enough, comic shops, Mom and Pop game stores, and local community centers may be a good place to start (or churches if you belong to one, though God may not like the rage induced swearing).

I hold mine at a locally owned pizza place, since people rarely eat in or reserve the restaurant portion of the shop.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hey guys! King Beef here. :)

A group of players and myself currently host weekly smashfests in the Cleveland area every Monday (although we're looking into a change of venue due to the increasing growth of Smashers in the area, as well as expanding the scene/venue selection for said smashfests in case people can't make it to the Monday gatherings). We're also looking into securing a venue to get local monthlies started (I've already got my eye on a couple of locations atm, more to come on that).

I see there's a lot of local interest in this thread - how about we launch a collaborative effort and make NEOH even bigger! If anyone is interested in getting into contact with our immediate scene let me know and I'll get you all connected with our active Facebook group chat.

Also be sure to check out Cleveland Clash, a current and growing Melee/Smash 4 monthly right in the city. Their page: https://www.facebook.com/events/121957528136968/

Top Bottom