• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Tink Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachyy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5257-9987-5185
Hiiiiiiiii everybody!
Pachyy here and i'm a new Toon Link player, and I like his ways in ssb4. I know I still have a lot more to learn and I'm willing to learn.
Here are two videos of me playing our little Hyrule boy:
http://youtu.be/gTPgvoy7-Iw
http://youtu.be/0JuTnO9hCw4

If someone does not mind teaching me on custom matches + skype, here are my FC and Skype.
FC: 5257 - 9987 - 5185
(I'm in CST+1 and french, but I can speak english)

Thanks for reading and for your time.
Pachyy

ScotteyF1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scotty91
3DS FC
1676-4972-3420
I'm not amazing with toon link but i'll add my two cents. How you play really depends on quite a few factors like character matchups, your strengths and weaknesses and your opponents strenghts and weaknesses as well. What might work with one person probably won't with another.

Generally you played the right way against Lucina because that counter attack of hers tough to deal with, so to take away that huge weapon of hers I'd completely avoid smash attacks (unless completely sure she won't avoid or counter it) So by all means use your projectiles often, that will become predictable though so mix it up, a few fast attacks with the sword or grab her when you can.

One thing I noticed you could improve is your great spin, instead of charging and waiting for them, jump up then do it and take the time away from them.

Would love to play you sometime, but I won't be able to play til next Tuesday as i'm on Holiday right now.

FC 1676-4972-3420

Last edited:

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Hiiiiiiiii everybody!
Pachyy here and i'm a new Toon Link player, and I like his ways in ssb4. I know I still have a lot more to learn and I'm willing to learn.
Here are two videos of me playing our little Hyrule boy:
http://youtu.be/gTPgvoy7-Iw
http://youtu.be/0JuTnO9hCw4

If someone does not mind teaching me on custom matches + skype, here are my FC and Skype.
FC: 5257 - 9987 - 5185
(I'm in CST+1 and french, but I can speak english)

Thanks for reading and for your time.
Pachyy
You should work on spamming more of his Projectiles, particularly his bombs. Instead of waiting for people to come to you, charging a smash attack, why not throw an angled boomerang towards them AND a bomb thrown up? These hits can lead to other hits that set up for kill moves. Also I don't think I saw you grab at all in those matches. TL has a new and improved grab that you should take advantage of. Though you did lack bad habits I sometimes see in newer Tinks, like rolling and dash attacking. Which is very good! For the sake of improvement I'll list a few things you can work on.

• KOing using your aerials.
  • Don't use Dair often, it's easily punishable and is hard to land. Use it scarcely.
  • Zair is your best spacing tool. Not only does it out range a lot of characters attacks, but it lessens the landing lag of TL. It takes a lot of practice to land them consistently when you first start out but it's well worth it.

Pachyy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5257-9987-5185
Thanks to both of you.
I do grab but not as much as I should.
Regarding my Dair, it's a really bad habit I have with pretty much every character, I'm trying so hard but... I still use Dair for some reason.
I'll try to practice my Zair.

@ ScotteyF1 ScotteyF1 : I added you.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Thanks to both of you.
I do grab but not as much as I should.
Regarding my Dair, it's a really bad habit I have with pretty much every character, I'm trying so hard but... I still use Dair for some reason.
I'll try to practice my Zair.

@ ScotteyF1 ScotteyF1 : I added you.
I'm the same way, I have a habit of doing Dair, but yeah, Zair is hard to land like the guy said, most of the times a lot of people just forget about what they learned, like combos, etc. I can fight you if you want, im not that good of a toon link user, but atleast im decent, FC is in under my avatar.

EDIT: crap, didn't look at the date of the last post.

Last edited:

hiramsthoughts

Smash Apprentice
Dair is actually very very VERY good if you *LCBT it. They never see it coming and you can always follow the bomb up with an USmash or Fair.

*Lag Cancel Bomb Throw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom