• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for some advice on FOX

waynefox

Smash Cadet
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2021240351235237827&hl=en

would like some advice on how im doing useing Star fox hes one of the 4 or 5 characters i feel i can use the best for me atleast

and i was wondering how i was doing
please note I DONT konw any of the advanced techniques at all like wavdasking or edgeguarding or anyhting like though im learning them

and i was fighting a CPU LV 7 only cause theres noone else around here that plays and LV 9 CPU i was told was not good to train on
this is my first video theres no special anything there its just a plain match
the only thing i ask is dont be cruel if i really am that bad

Thanks for taking the time to give your opinion

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Not to be mean but no one here can help you until you learn advanced tactics..none of the stuff we tell you will help you so i suggest you learn those before asking for help.

waynefox

Smash Cadet
yea ive been told i need to learn them in the other threads ive posted in
So ill have to try to atleast get them working

Zgetto

Smash Ace
the only advice i can give you based on this vid is:
that when you play a real person you shouldnt dash attack that much, cause he would shieldgrab you most of the time.

also when the ganon is off stage try hanging on the edge that way you could easier hit him with a back air and the ganon wont be able to grab the ledge(when your still hanging) and survive.

also never use the up-B as an attack

thats all i can say based on this movie.

when you play a cp you can only see someones tech skill and you really need to work on that first.

when you play humans then its better to see how good someone really is,
maybe you should look for some tourneys and go there, that way you learn a lot faster

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Yea and don't use f-air too much, its kinda pointless. You should try instead of throwing down, throw up and use a u-air.

Peppers

Smash Apprentice
too many dash attacks
insted of using fair try the nair
learn to shorthop
learn to upthrow uair
edgehog wen hes coming back then shine him
learn to wavedash
shffl
shl

in other words u hve alot to learn my friend thats not even the full list

waynefox

Smash Cadet
ahh i see i though i was decent BUT it seems i was wrong VERY wrong i must get practicing befor i step foot in a tourny arena cause from whet ive seen i would get eleminated faster than i got there
thanks for the tips ill post some new videos once i get some skills down enough to video them

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Cant look at it, On a dial up comp ATM..

If you really wanna improve, and you have open minded friends, try to get some friends into SSBM, that way you have a discussion/practice buddy..

DO NOT SHUN THE ADVANCED TECHNIQUES...

When you learn them they will make you worse, but once you get them down, they will improve your approach, defence, mindgames, basically everything...

DO NOT GET USED TO FIGHTING THE COMS..

You will get to a match and be killed, people do not have the same weaknesses and strengths as the coms (Instant powershielding, Walks into smashes)

And make sure when you are in a competitive match you are ready for any weird stratagy they might throw at you, if you are playing a ness at cornaria that heals on the lasers, just make sure you are on the left side of him at all times, this is not a sure fire method, a good ness will be able to get around you at least, just make sure you are a quick thinker, and know basic countering...

like if you go to a match and there is a marth, dont be jigglypuff, that is a just a bad thing..

Your main advantage, priority, is killed, and so is your range...

Yeah, these are just examples, and you don't need these things to be good, but they might help you, they helped me...

Peace, happy smashing

Smash Journeyman
Cant look at it, On a dial up comp ATM..

If you really wanna improve, and you have open minded friends, try to get some friends into SSBM, that way you have a discussion/practice buddy..

DO NOT SHUN THE ADVANCED TECHNIQUES...

When you learn them they will make you worse, but once you get them down, they will improve your approach, defence, mindgames, basically everything...

DO NOT GET USED TO FIGHTING THE COMS..

You will get to a match and be killed, people do not have the same weaknesses and strengths as the coms (Instant powershielding, Walks into smashes)

And make sure when you are in a competitive match you are ready for any weird stratagy they might throw at you, if you are playing a ness at cornaria that heals on the lasers, just make sure you are on the left side of him at all times, this is not a sure fire method, a good ness will be able to get around you at least, just make sure you are a quick thinker, and know basic countering...

like if you go to a match and there is a marth, dont be jigglypuff, that is a just a bad thing..

Your main advantage, priority, is killed, and so is your range...

Yeah, these are just examples, and you don't need these things to be good, but they might help you, they helped me...

Peace, happy smashing

first just learn your teching then get them on vids and with a human opponent.

also phloat do you play pdz? if you do hit me up and look at my vid in my sig.

Top Bottom