• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for players around SFL - Fort Lauderdale Area

PyloNaz

Smash Rookie
After watching Dr.Peepee destroy Apex I felt the need and desire to get back into smash. Melee mostly, but I'll be getting a WiiU soon, so sm4sh is in my upcoming future. I haven't played in a while (Summer 2008), would be willing to get rekt'd for a couple sessions if it means I get better bit by bit. I have to relearn quite a bit and my friend is new to competitive smash. If you are willing to give pointers and help both of us get better, I kind of don't want to touch VGC yet, because I would just get too rekt to know what was going on.

I would have to get used to a controller again, I would be able to host, when we both get a set schedule for work, we'd like to see if we could get practice/chill session going. We're looking to be competitive and we both want to get better, I main Marth. 17+ pls, a little awkward hanging with minors. We're going to get our GC tomorrow with a copy of melee and 4 controllers.

TL:DR Make some smash bros, chill, get good, go to competitive events.

You wanna talk beforehand, we can meet up at Versus sometime.

PyloNaz

Smash Rookie
I also play quite a bit of league, so any smasher that wants to get into league I could help with teaching you the basics of the game.

Smashing_Spamus

Smash Rookie
I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale Area, but I'm barely 17 though. I got a couple of friends(4-5) who are fairly interested in becoming better at Melee, all of them are 17+.
Tbh, just need some outside exposure to different playstyles, more characters and just practice
I main Samus and Luigi and my friends include a Ganon, Falcon, a DK and a Fox, so I think we could bring a fairly mixed bag.

Let me know if you are interested

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787
Yo, if you guys are in the Ft. Lauderdale area, why aren't you going to Versus? The South Florida Smash Scene is fantastic. We have tons of top players down here, yo. http://vsgaming.org/

Hooooots

Smash Cadet
I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale Area, but I'm barely 17 though. I got a couple of friends(4-5) who are fairly interested in becoming better at Melee, all of them are 17+.
Tbh, just need some outside exposure to different playstyles, more characters and just practice
I main Samus and Luigi and my friends include a Ganon, Falcon, a DK and a Fox, so I think we could bring a fairly mixed bag.

Let me know if you are interested
Yoo I see you live in plantation I live around that area , i'm also 17 and I main Marth and Doc , hmu if your trying to get a bunch of people to train sometime.

Last edited:

I Darth Marth

Smash Rookie
Im 24 and moving back to FL in 2 days... looking for people to play with (I main marth in melee) I will be in the bradenton/ sarasota area

Cocoa Brova

Smash Cadet
NNID
eydoc14
3DS FC
4012-5269-2281
i'm 22 and in palm beach county until the end of the summer, so if ur looking for people to play smash 4 hmu (i'm pretty new to the competitive scene myself except for like 3 online tournaments)

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787
Not that I know of, they seem to sponsor themselves. That being said, massive Smash 4 tournament happening on May 16th. Over 70 entrants so far, probably even more now. It's to get sponsorship for EVO.

Last edited:

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
Not that I know of, they seem to sponsor themselves. That being said, massive Smash 4 tournament happening on May 16th. Over 70 entrants so far, probably even more now. It's to get sponsorship for EVO.
i wanna go, how do i enter???

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
every thursday they do melee/pm/smash4 tournaments. $5 at the door to get in the venue, and registration into all the tournaments is free
do you get money if you win or is just an experience type of thing??

JUSTN

Smash Apprentice
do you get money if you win or is just an experience type of thing??
weeklies dont have much of a prize pool. but tbh, in SFL, dont expect to get anywhere near winning at your first few tourneys. your first ones should be a learning experience, and once you get better, you work your way up to possibly competing with the guys who win.

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
weeklies dont have much of a prize pool. but tbh, in SFL, dont expect to get anywhere near winning at your first few tourneys. your first ones should be a learning experience, and once you get better, you work your way up to possibly competing with the guys who win.
lol i know tht. I went to the evo tourney, so much good talent

Top Bottom