• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for an alternative controller set up

Saltix

Smash Lord
The way I have my controlls mapped is this:
L-Shield
R-Jump
X-Grab
Y-Jump
B-Special
A-Attack
Z-Attack
C-Stick-Smash
(Tap Jump off)

I have this set up for the way that I Boost Smash (Diagonal Direction you're facing, C-stick down and Z), and I can perform this efficiently and effectively.

However a dilemma arises. Due to where my Grab Button is, to do an Inverse Boost Grab, I need to hold the controller in a "Claw" like format, which isnt good.

So it really comes down to which is the better technique to have at your disposal. Which one should I go with or post an alternative with my controls please :(

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Use Z for the attack for Inverse Boost grabbing.= Run->Z->Opposite direction->X.

The reason I didn't like using Z for the Boost Smash is because it was a grab, not an attack. The way you have it set up is good to do the boost smash is better than just using Z for a grab. My settings are default except for: X=grab, L=attack, Tap jump off, and C-stick to attack only against fast fallers like wolf and fox.(Chain grab to ledge fall off down air w/o fast falling is amazing)

Saltix

Smash Lord
Use Z for the attack for Inverse Boost grabbing.= Run->Z->Opposite direction->X.

The reason I didn't like using Z for the Boost Smash is because it was a grab, not an attack. The way you have it set up is good to do the boost smash is better than just using Z for a grab. My settings are default except for: X=grab, L=attack, Tap jump off, and C-stick to attack only against fast fallers like wolf and fox.(Chain grab to ledge fall off down air w/o fast falling is amazing)
I'm suprised I didn't at least TEST that. Thank you, it works like a charm :]

Top Bottom