• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

looking for a video critique: vs chinesesah's fox

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I may be wrong, but I thought fair out-prioritizes illusions.
gay kills work nicely

I'm not very good (but I love Jigglypuff so much), in fact I'm quite bad, so you may want to disregard this post

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
don't underestimate pound. it's insane priority and hitbox and length makes it so gay (in a good way). As long as you don't spam it, it's nice to throw out once in a while. You could substitute fairs with those, and especially against fox, you can possibly follow up with some bairs or something. Just make sure that you're close enough to fox so that even if he wavedashes/rolls away, pound's insane length can still hit it.

I can't say much either, you're really good at jiggly. maybe we should all wait for mango to come back =]

Oh, just a question, how many jumps did you do on that last successful upthrow->rest? I couldn't really tell from the video(it kinda looked like 2?), and I'm wondering if it was escapable or not.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
upthrow to rest is pretty much unbreakable if they don't di...it stops working past 100some. The difference is that you have to know when to start using two jumps instead of 1. I did two jumps on that last one and went over him i think.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
upthrow->rest is easy to pull off in a normal situation, but I still have trouble always getting it as 2 consecutive hits in training mode (I guess the timing is just a bit tricky if you want to make it 100% unescapable)

I usually do one jump until 25ish percent, which i do two jumps, but in training mode you need 2 jumps after 15ish% to make it consecutive when I tried it. Maybe i should go try it again...

Top Bottom