• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for a fellow Supernova

Status
Not open for further replies.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
In Route

I need a partner. A partner for the new smash 4; specifically the Wii U version. A partner, who has a deep hunger to become one of the best in this game. Someone whose commitment is so tightly rooted, that they don’t even flinch to go to an OOS tournament; given they have the resources. Somebody who preferably lives in Florida, however, I will not hesitate to play Wi-Fi.

Now, aspiring to reach the skill of a Mango, M2k, Armada, DR. PP, Zero, Nairo, Otori, 9B, Nietono, Ally, Anti, DEHF, Gnes, ADHD, Razer, and for my Florida peeps: Esam, Nickriddle, Hungrybox, HRNUT, Red Halberd, Shaky, and Seibrik is in a nutshell, not good enough. We have to be better. However great they are in their respective games, we have to be ten times better. If you think this is too great a task, then fine, I am not speaking to you.

Have you ever wanted anything in life, anything, so bad, so strongly, whether it is a job, women, monetary achievement, or whatever you could imagine; that nothing, I mean nothing, could dissuade you from pursuing that goal? I don’t know about you, but mines is becoming the best at Smash 4. Something like bribing a GameStop employee $500 to get a copy of the game a week early is the level of commitment I’m talking about. I know, I know it’s bad. If you didn’t know GameStop can receive games weeks before release.

Let’s be very clear; I want to use this game as a platform to further my education. If the game turns out to be truly viable at the competitive level; then I will see the game through however long it receives coverage. My goal is to be the best, but it is also to be the best so I can pay my way through school and rid myself of student debt. I’m only a junior so I don’t have much to begin with, but still, I want it gone.

I don’t want this game to consume your life. I don’t want you to be homeless, and be playing Smash 4 as a vagabond. No, homelessness will not be tolerated. In any sport there is practice, and Smash wouldn’t be any different. Somebody who can dedicate roughly 20 to 30 hours a week in intense training would be choice. And, come on guys, we sometimes hammer away entire Friday night’s and Saturdays playing with our best buds, so dedicating time to train is not unrealistic. A Saito to my Kenshin, a Vegeta to Goku, a Kuwabara to Yusuke; a fierce rivalry needs to be born between us. This way we can keep each other in check to make sure we don’t fall behind. Every tournament we go to, we won’t be satisfied with anything, but first place. Gotta’ go to Apex for sure.

November the 21st is D-Day, or earlier if you can land it. Be prepared, because there will be loss on this journey, but every fall will make us want it that much more. We’re going to be the first ones at the venue and the last ones to leave. Smash will test us at every turn to see if we are deemed fit enough to see the top, but if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I implore you to stand beside me. I know I am not a quitter, and I know you aren’t either. If you’re interested DM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom