• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for a competitive Sheik mentor!

Othayuni

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0061-1205-7394
One impetus of this is that it's really hard to find sheiks to practice against teaming up randomly in for glory, so my mirror match is weak; I just haven't had a lot of practice, but it's something I'd like to be good at. The other thing is I'm hoping that by working with and against someone much better than myself I can learn how to improve my game overall and you can advise me. The main thing I ask of whoever's interested is for you to be willing to beat the crap out of me over and over again while I learn my character/mirror match, but I'm also happy to discuss tactics and advanced techniques; I'm interested in getting serious at both my mirror match and competitive play in general.

It's going to be a few weeks before I'll probably be able to connect with friends thanks to my wi-fi situation but I'm hoping it's not too early to make a friend and start discussing tactics and so on. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks, I really appreciate it!

rekt

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-9141-7498
I don't consider myself a pro by any means, but I'd be down for some games when you get your wifi worked out. Skype is Redundlo and I have a IRC channel in Oceanius called #sheik. I find that close matchups in skill are the best for learning anyway! >:D

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm pretty good, I'm always down to help anyone out. Skype is the best way to get a hold of me. Just search "LessThanPi" I should pop up.

[NameGoesHere]

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-2722-9069
I'm pretty good, I'm always down to help anyone out. Skype is the best way to get a hold of me. Just search "LessThanPi" I should pop up.
If your not already busy i would love your help. I would like to play this game competitively as it would be my first competitive smash game i feel pretty good with my Sheik but i feel i should be much better with time i've had the game. I would like to work on advanced tech like B-Reverse Slide Canceling and perfect pivoting. But i would also like to perfect the basics before i go on to things like that.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'll help anyone willing to reach out to me. I stress basics basics basics before investing time in anything else.

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
I am also willing to help. My Skype name is "Clubvirg".
LessThanPi and I trained together for a long time, so any info you get from one of us, the other is most likely to have, as well. Message me if you need help.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Scary, a.k.a. Ed is the real best sheik, then virg. I'm the fake best sheik. :) But I'm still sorta good.

Reiyalin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2767-0292-6398
Is it ok to add and learn even if I think I probably need to start from pretty basic stuff?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yea though I'm gonna wonder who half of you are on Skype so make sure you lemme know who you are lol. Learning is best and hopefully I can help you out of I can. Goes for anyone.

Reiyalin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2767-0292-6398
That sounds good. My skype name is the same as here: Reiyalin. I'm a nab at competitive smash but I hope to learn how to play better when I can ^^;

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
There are so many sheik now! I think there were at most like 10 active brawl sheiks.

j01

Smash Rookie
Any space for me to learn with you guys? My Skype is joseph707010.

rekt

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-9141-7498
There are so many sheik now! I think there were at most like 10 active brawl sheiks.
I played Wolf in Brawl and non competitively... I picked up Sheik because I played through every character in SSB4 at least once and found her after the second time. She just clicked with me!

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Ive been playing a lot of shiek to supplement my FE characters so im down for any advice be it for shiek or the FE crew.

Highwayman300

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-8908-8969
Could I get some help/practice with my Sheik as well?
I have some concept in advanced mechanics but I would really like to play a decent-good Sheik and learn how to use her properly.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
My skype is Darklin401. I'll certainly join this shiek party, cuz Sheik is one of my mains, right behind Villager and tied with Marth.

She's really cool, and I think I'm decent.

One thing I like doing with Sheik = ftilt (x4 or 5) then short hop into fair, into another fair as I land, and immediately short hop into two more fairs, then do it once more to get them off the stage, and up-b to recover, while exploding them backwards.

It's worked successfully around 4 times now, though only 2 of them got hit by the upb explosion.

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
My skype is Darklin401. I'll certainly join this shiek party, cuz Sheik is one of my mains, right behind Villager and tied with Marth.

She's really cool, and I think I'm decent.

One thing I like doing with Sheik = ftilt (x4 or 5) then short hop into fair, into another fair as I land, and immediately short hop into two more fairs, then do it once more to get them off the stage, and up-b to recover, while exploding them backwards.

It's worked successfully around 4 times now, though only 2 of them got hit by the upb explosion.

added you on skype

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
In before it gets to full in here :)

Skype name is albi.cho - feel free to add me anytime. I'm glad to fight anyone here- experienced or not.
I think of myself as below average in the competitive spectrum- however I am improving. Critique is always appreciated.

Othayuni

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0061-1205-7394
Thanks everyone who spoke up here! I'll be sure to get in touch with people, you guys are the best.

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
someone tha can do a skype call and expalin me some tips to improve sheik ability?

Grim Fandango

Smash Rookie
If one of can take one more to mentor, I'd like to hop on this train, at least for the basics if not for becoming a great sheik. I've been playing everyday against some tough opponents, especially on smashladder, but I don't know how much I can improve without some help.
My ID is deadskeleton7, I look forward to seeing you on Skype!

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
If one of can take one more to mentor, I'd like to hop on this train, at least for the basics if not for becoming a great sheik. I've been playing everyday against some tough opponents, especially on smashladder, but I don't know how much I can improve without some help.
My ID is deadskeleton7, I look forward to seeing you on Skype!
PM PLEASE

Elfamis

Smash Rookie
NNID
elfamis
Hello there, new here and looking for tips too.

I'll be contacting you all so I can improve. Here in my neighbor I don't have anybody to play or practice. Just for glory and videos on youtube.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I would be interested in getting help if that wouldn't be too much trouble. My skype is metalmonstarlv100. Would it be too much trouble to add some of you?

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
Hey I could really use a Sheik mentor, I'm trying to pick her up as a secondary for Rosalina.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Just let the thread die. Either make a new one or post in the questions thread (it's stickied). This thread is too old and I doubt any of the people who posted then are still interested.

Top Bottom