• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Look who got hit with a nerf baseball bat

Chepe

Smash Lord
Your avatar goes perfect with that post kunai lol...

And OP, unless you clarify and give some firsthand experienced impressions, youre just spamming.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Seeing as I dont have Brawl, I cant. But since you obviously do since you claim he sucks, go ahead! :)

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Before you make topics, please check if there is any other topic on information that goes with or against the topic you are going to create. If you searched a little more in the Yoshi Boards, you would realize he was not nerfed.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
why did you just bump this IT IS A FORUM TROLL

and yea i know i just did but its at the top right now any way

you guys need to go to the World of Warcraft forums so you can learn what that is and stop giving them what they want

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
why did you just bump this IT IS A FORUM TROLL

and yea i know i just did but its at the top right now any way

you guys need to go to the World of Warcraft forums so you can learn what that is and stop giving them what they want
The question is why did YOU bump this topic yesterday when it was nearly to the bottom of the page?

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
I know what a forum troll is. But the Yoshi species live peaceful together, so likewise so should we. We shouldn't just flame him because he's making stupid threads for no reason. First, we explain where he is wrong. If he ignores us and continues doing it, we ignore him. If he listens to our words of wisdom, we have accomplished a great victory, and another Yoshi player will be added into our midst. :yoshi:

The question is why did YOU bump this topic yesterday when it was nearly to the bottom of the page?
lol
You really didn't quite explain that, did you?:p

Frogles

Smash Ace
i don't see how he's wrong. yoshi lost djc and analog shielding. not only that but his grabs still sucks, and he still cant jump out of his shield. yoshis probably the worst char in the game.

Sharky

Smash Master
Please refrain from posting in this thread, there are other more firmly established ones meant for this subject.

*would appreciate it if the next mod to swing by here would close this thread*

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
i don't see how he's wrong. yoshi lost djc and analog shielding. not only that but his grabs still sucks, and he still cant jump out of his shield. yoshis probably the worst char in the game.
I don't have first hand experience so I can't fight you on any of this, except doesn't the new quick-turn-grab speed things up for him a little?

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
Jumping out of your shield won't do much in brawl because of the lack of wavedashing. No djc means more effective edge guarding. Didn't everyone loose analog shielding? Don't forget that yoshi is the only character whose shield does not shrink. As for his grab, because of the slower gameplay and laggy moves I feel that shield grabbing won't be as big of an issue in brawl, but we'll have to wait and see. And yoshi's bair combos are killer, literally. Yoshi is no where near being the worst in the game. This thread can die now.

Frogles

Smash Ace
Jumping out of your shield won't do much in brawl because of the lack of wavedashing. No djc means more effective edge guarding. Didn't everyone loose analog shielding? Don't forget that yoshi is the only character whose shield does not shrink. As for his grab, because of the slower gameplay and laggy moves I feel that shield grabbing won't be as big of an issue in brawl, but we'll have to wait and see. And yoshi's bair combos are killer, literally. Yoshi is no where near being the worst in the game. This thread can die now.
jumping out of shield is a way to attack/get some breathing room when somebody is attacking your shield. its pretty important even without wavedashing and the fact that Yoshi can't do it puts him at a disadvantage against every char he faces. everybody did lose analog shielding but it doesn't affect the other chars as much as yoshi because it was his only good way to get out of shield. shield grabbing is bigger in brawl due to less shield stun and more landing lag but Yoshi still can't take advantage of this because his grab is SLOW.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, as far as Yoshi's shield goes, not being able to jump out and attack is kinda lame I guess, but thats about the only thing I regret about it. As for spacing, I'm not too concerned since Yoshi's shield is the only one that allows the character to slide back when hit in their shield, which imo can very useful if used correctly.

I don't know why everyone likes to say that the loss of analog shielding makes Yoshi more nerfed. Yoshi didn't even have analog shielding in melee. I may be wrong, but isn't analog shielding when you could press down the L or R button to shield, and the lighter you pressed it down, the larger the area would be? AKA lightshileding? So how is this worst for Yoshi than other characters? It's completely the opposite. If I'm missing something can someone please explain it to me? Until someone can actually give a definite reason of how the removal of analog shielding affected Yoshi, could people please stop using this as an excuse to why he's worst than other characters.

Shield grabbing is pretty difficult to do with Yoshi I suppose, compared to every other character in the game. It would have been nice that his grab would have been faster so that he could actually pull it off quicker, but he can't, so there's no use complaining about it since the game is already done.

Yoshi's neutral b is superior to his grab in every way, it can be used to counter attacks, gets people that are shielding, can be used in the air, has less lag, has a greater range.

If every character were the same this game would be boring, instead of saying what can other characters do that Yoshi can't, why don't people try see the good things about Yoshi.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
If every character were the same this game would be boring, instead of saying what can other characters do that Yoshi can't, why don't people try see the good things about Yoshi.
I feel the same way. Why do Yoshi's Brawl nerfs seem to be the biggest? lol They're not, for some who actually believe that. Also, I think analog shielding is out with all characters anyways, so what's the big deal?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Nothing we say or do will change anyone's minds. Not until March comes around and people get WTF'd by a rainbow of pain.

Sharky

Smash Master
Yeah, as far as Yoshi's shield goes, not being able to jump out and attack is kinda lame I guess, but thats about the only thing I regret about it. As for spacing, I'm not too concerned since Yoshi's shield is the only one that allows the character to slide back when hit in their shield, which imo can very useful if used correctly.

I don't know why everyone likes to say that the loss of analog shielding makes Yoshi more nerfed. Yoshi didn't even have analog shielding in melee. I may be wrong, but isn't analog shielding when you could press down the L or R button to shield, and the lighter you pressed it down, the larger the area would be? AKA lightshileding? So how is this worst for Yoshi than other characters? It's completely the opposite. If I'm missing something can someone please explain it to me? Until someone can actually give a definite reason of how the removal of analog shielding affected Yoshi, could people please stop using this as an excuse to why he's worst than other characters.

Shield grabbing is pretty difficult to do with Yoshi I suppose, compared to every other character in the game. It would have been nice that his grab would have been faster so that he could actually pull it off quicker, but he can't, so there's no use complaining about it since the game is already done.

Yoshi's neutral b is superior to his grab in every way, it can be used to counter attacks, gets people that are shielding, can be used in the air, has less lag, has a greater range.

Lightshielding was different for yoshi in the way that people couldn't tell that he was doing it. Also, when hit by an attack, yoshi would slide really really far back from the hit, making it an excellent spacing tactic.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Lightshielding was different for yoshi in the way that people couldn't tell that he was doing it. Also, when hit by an attack, yoshi would slide really really far back from the hit, making it an excellent spacing tactic.
I'm aware of that, the point I was making though is that Yoshi's shield still slides a little in brawl. Even if you can't control how far it slides, the loss of analog shielding affects other characters much more than Yoshi, because his shield has remained relatively unchanged from melee.

Top Bottom