• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Look at my Kirby.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
No, the Marth was horrible.
J/k, j/k, we shouldn't go around calling people horrible, especially not ourselves, Pyrostormer. It would have been really funny if you had turned around and Swallowcided Marth at the very end instead of going for a hopeless recovery.

Marth destroys Kirby, so you have predict everything your opponent does and catch him when he lags. This of course means that a really good Marth player is next to impossible to beat. So don't be too harsh on yourself.

Edit:
Do you want me to add you to the Kirby Video thread, seeing as you have a video up?

darkshy

Smash Ace
I was watching and what I can say is, When fighting Marth you got watch him because he can combo Kirby fairly well seeing as he's floaty. I also noticed you used alot of bairs. Don't forget Kirby uair is deadly as well. WHen you grab you opponent and use your down throw you U-tilt and F-tilt really help . U-tilt to try and do combo and F-tilt for its knockback. Oh! the dair I think could have been used a little to send Marth down to his doom. I helps just make sure you can hit with it though :]

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
/me scratches his head.

Dont take what I have to say to heart, cause im not an avid kirby player, but I personally think you made alot of odd decisions.

I wont go as far as to say bad decisions, cause it's not as if they wouldnt work, but it seemed like you would make odd moves.

For example, there were a few times where you would downthrow marth (obviously).
Normally, you could tech chase him if he hits the ground. If he didnt tech, you could uptilt him. If you wanted to knock him away from you, you could forward tilt. But one time you went with a SH bair, and the other (that i can think of) you went with a f.smash.

Now, i wont say either one of them was wrong, or was specifically a bad choice, just rather... odd. Seems that you would more-often-than-not miss the attack.

-
The second thing I thought you did alot was used alot of f.smash. To go another step, I think you actually used the f.smash to tech chase a few times. And to go even further, i dont think you d.smashed the whole match. Not to say that f.smash doesnt work, but i personally believe that d.smash would have been better, because it's generally safer (i think).

_______

I will say the one thing I didnt like was you stayed in marth's "danger range" alot while doing nothing. That's not a kirby specific problem; that's just dangerous in general.

My suggestion would be to either stay close to him and start hitting him, or stay the hell away from him. (Pretty obvious. :/ )

_______

The last thing i was going to critique I have is the stone-to-ledge.... that you missed everytime (i think you missed everytime). If you're going to do it, you gotta hit the ledge or you normally get punished. And if you're gunna miss low, you can atleast try to sweetspot the ledge afterwards (which caused you to get tipped, i think).

With all that said, I actually do have something to compliment you on. You generally did a good job coming back to the edge and not getting *****. The first stock? Eh that happens from time to time, i just wrote that off as a mental slip.

But you did a good job tricking marth into a bad position (i.e., his second stock).

You also had a few tricks to protect yourself (the f.hammer). Good ideas.

If i had to make a suggestion, i would say to keep in mind that f.air'ing after you jump gives you a little more horizontal distance, which gives you more distance and more time to get back to the ledge. Other than that, i thought this part of your game was pretty good.

But again, dont take everything i said to heart. I'm not a real avid kirby player, so i cant talk like im the law or anything. Im just tryin to be helpful. >.<

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
No, the Marth was horrible.
J/k, j/k, we shouldn't go around calling people horrible, especially not ourselves, Pyrostormer. It would have been really funny if you had turned around and Swallowcided Marth at the very end instead of going for a hopeless recovery.

Marth destroys Kirby, so you have predict everything your opponent does and catch him when he lags. This of course means that a really good Marth player is next to impossible to beat. So don't be too harsh on yourself.

Edit:
Do you want me to add you to the Kirby Video thread, seeing as you have a video up?
Yes please. :)
Thanks for the comments guys. I'll get some more videos up!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Pyrostormer, please add the tags "Kirby" and "Pyrostormer" to your video at YouTube. That way I can link to your SWF name and list all videos instead of just one. Thanks.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Nice. Don't pummel someone after you grab them if you're going to go for a B-throw Kirbycide. X-D

I don't use N-air and F-air too much against Pikachu because his aerials will usually get through them. Spam B-air against Pika, it's the way to go!

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
I think you did very good in this match. Aside from the things that timmy said, i find that the tilts work well. Jumping around pika is not very safe for the most part, especially with dair. Pika's usmash is insane and works very well against kirby. I usually stay on the ground for the most part. Grabbing and tilts work very well. Its good to see that you grabbed alot. You did good.

Top Bottom