• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Range, Close Range, or Hybrid?

King Zarthius

Smash Rookie
Long Range, Close Range, or Hybrid?

Every Brawl character has his/her own advantages, and disadvantages.

My question is what character type do you generally play as/ main?

Do you prefer long range projectile characters?
Or close-range fighting characters?
Or a Hybrid mix of both?

Explain why you use the type of game you use.

Note*: All characters have close range attacks, this is supposed to be a list of characters that heavily rely on or don't rely on projectiles or close-range combat, for their game.
List of characters:
(In terms of how often respective types of gameplay are used, and number of projectiles).

Example: Link; Arrows/Bombs/Boomerang
Long Range:
Pit
Lucas
Ness
Samus
R.O.B.
Link
Toon Link
Zelda

Short Range:
Meta Knight
Kirby
Ganondorf
Ike
Marth
Bowser
Wario
Ice Climbers
Sonic
Donkey Kong
King Dedede
Fox
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game and Watch
Mario

Hybrid:
Captain Olimar
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Pokemon Trainer (3 different players)
Pikachu
Lucario
Luigi
Peach
Diddy Kong
Wolf
Falco
Snake

NOTE: DONT BOTHER ME TO CHANGE THE LIST. ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AN EXACT, COMPREHENSIVE, OPINIONATED LIST. POST YOUR ANSWER, NOT YOUR INSULTS.

TP

Smash Master
NOTE: DONT BOTHER ME TO CHANGE THE LIST. ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AN EXACT, COMPREHENSIVE, OPINIONATED LIST. POST YOUR ANSWER, NOT YOUR INSULTS.
I can't agree to these terms if you consider Falco hybrid, but Ness long range. They MUST be switched.

Also, expect this thread to fail, because it will. It doesn't currently make much sense to me. Your post is pretty, so props for that.

Better luck next time.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Anybody with a projectile + disjointed hitbox = Hybrid.

This categorization really makes no sense >.>

Vespa

Smash Rookie
Long Range and Short Range are fine but you should probably split Hybrid into other categories.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Toon Link is mid-range, yah, but we have to count that in Long Range too, because Long range could mean anything.

I'd say Toon Link is Hybrid. He does have the option to up and attack enemies, he has the bair combo, the zair --> grab/upsmash/whatever you can get your opponent into.

Top Bottom