• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lolo Makes the Battle Challenging! (Lolo for Smash Bros. Ultimate)

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133

How many of you remember Lolo from the Kirby franchise? Not only is he from the series, but also from another game BEFORE we had Kirby in Nintendo's lineup of games.

Lolo is a prince from The Adventures of Lolo who was out to save Princess Lala from King Egger as he travels into a castle to solve all sorts of puzzles. Why does Lolo need a spot in this game, you ask? Besides just being another Kirby rep and more of a Classic Nintendo rep, Lolo can perform the actions from the games like summon blocks to push them around to cause damage or summon enemies from the game. On top of that, have could also do attacks from the Kirby franchise.

Alternate Costumes, beisdes colors which Lala can get as well:

Lolo:
- Blue (Default)
- Red
- Green
- Yellow
- Pink (like Lala's)
- Black

Lala:
- Pink (Default)
- Blue (like Lolo's)
- Red
- Green
- Yellow
- White

Supporters:
Cyn Cyn
Dreamking Dreamking
HYRULESHERO42 HYRULESHERO42
Luigifan18 Luigifan18
smash puffle smash puffle
TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself
Senatiator Senatiator
R RetrogamerMax

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Is there not a Lolo/Layla thread already? If not, they got my support. This was the second game I ever played. Fond memories.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
By the way, The Adventures of Lolo has been added to the Nintendo Switch Online NES games lineup.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Is Lolo 1st party? I know he’s a creation of HAL but I can’t seem to confirm.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
When people post topics regarding unlikely characters that one would like in the game, Lolo is often on my list. Yes. Add me to the list.

With all the characters that became spirit battle references, I was surprised Lolo wasn't see at all.

As for how the Adventures/Eggerland series is to be classified, I did some looking into the series. I have come to the conclusion that the series would probably classified as third party despite HAL being second party. My decision is based on when the Eggerland series was created and when HAL entered into their partnership with Nintendo. The first game in this series was Eggerland Mystery in 1985 made for the MSX computer system. HAL's partnership with Nintendo began in the early 90s.

Has Nintendo/HAL come out and explcitly said that Lolo/Lala are the same as Lololo/Lalala from Kirby? I look at official art of the two pairs and they seem to be different. Lololo and Lalala wear mittens in their appearances. In nearly every boxart for the Eggerland/Adventures series, Lolo's arms and hands are either white or he wear gloves. All his fingers are shown.

I would really like HAL to do a retcon of both series in order to merge the Eggerland series with the Kirby series so that both take place on Pop Star, just in neighboring regions. Under this concept merger, the names of the characters would remin Lolo and Lala. Somethings will still make sense. The castle in KDL1 would still be theirs since Lala is said to be a princess. What would their relation with Kirby be after the merger? How about Dedede and Egger?

I'm going to try to do a basic SSB profile for Lolo.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I wholeheartedly support this. It'd be a great kill two birds with one stone deal giving us a retro and new Kirby rep, something the franchise is lacking in my opinion.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
For some reason, if they ever come into the game, what if they were voiced by these voice actresess?

Lolo's Voice
Kugimiya Rie

Lala's Voice
Kakuma Ai
A.
or
Touyama Nao
B.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
I support our long awaited HAL Laboratory rep.

Sometimes I wonder why Lolo hasn't had a new game for so long... I support, by the way.
Lolo's game at the very least had re-releases. It was re-released for the Wii's Virtual Console on 8 June 2007 in North America and on 6 August 2007 in PAL regions. It was also re-released for the Wii U's Virtual Console by Nintendo in North America on 15 May 2014 and in PAL regions on 21 August 2014 as well as for the Nintendo 3DS in PAL regions on 16 October 2014 and in North America on 8 January 2015, and then re-released again for Nintendo Switch Online's virtual Nintendo Entertainment System library in December of 2018.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think Lolo, Lala, or both as a duo character like the Ice Climbers would be cool to see. Put me on the support list please.

Last edited:
Top Bottom