• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lol, wut?

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
So, I was playing some matches against Lv. 9 CPU Snakes on Norfair, and I Dair'd Snake to combo off of the lava bounce, which had risen to the 2nd platform. Well, instead of bouncing, he went right through the lava, kinda like a Ganoncide on Lava. Snake died at 107%....and I have a Replay but have no means of uploading it.

Has this happened to any of you?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've had this same thing happen with Falco's dair.
It doesn't seem like a glitch, just something they threw in there. Like, if your downward momentum is so great, you pass right through the lava.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That goes without saying. Ganon's could probably knock you right through the stage.
If you had a video of this, that would help even more.
Post it, if you can.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I thought this thing happened all the time.

Last kill of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9LgaKGmrsI
is the only one I have uploaded now, I probably have a couple more on my wii.

Although I think it's odd I've never heard of anyone going through the wall of lava that creeps in from the side, despite velocity. Maybe different mechanics...

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
So I'm not crazy? Okay. :D

That goes without saying. Ganon's could probably knock you right through the stage.
If you had a video of this, that would help even more.
Post it, if you can.
...I'd have to find the money to get a capture card, and that would be prolly a couple of weeks. So....yeah....

I thought this thing happened all the time.

Last kill of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9LgaKGmrsI
is the only one I have uploaded now, I probably have a couple more on my wii.

Although I think it's odd I've never heard of anyone going through the wall of lava that creeps in from the side, despite velocity. Maybe different mechanics...
I notice that in the first stock, thunderstomps made Ganon bounce off. It wasn't until one was at approx. 100% damage that he went through the acid. Thanks for the vid. :D

Oh, and I did WP a CPU Snake mostly through a wall of Lava, once. I think it turned into a Star KO, but I don't have a replay of that.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I don't recall this ever happening in melee.

Also, I have a video of me down-b spiking cpu falcon through lava when he was at 10%. Since I did the spike at nearly point blank to the lava, I propose there's a proportionate threshold that determines whether or not one breaks the surface tension of lava or acid. Something along the lines of 0% from point blank to 100% from full screen height. And this would fluctuate based on velocity from the spike or whatever caused the momentum. So more powerful spikes or whathaveyou would obviously have a lower threshold and break the surface earlier than weaker ones.

Thanks for giving me something to ponder, Div.
I could upload the cpu vid but I don't know how useful it would be since it just has that 10% spike and some 160%+ spike from way up. And people often discredit computer players anyways.

Edit: Scratch that thing I said about the wall of lava several posts ago. I forgot about the one in @home's murder video. I think it's about 23 seconds in . Awesome video btw, @home.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I don't recall this ever happening in melee.

Also, I have a video of me down-b spiking cpu falcon through lava when he was at 10%. Since I did the spike at nearly point blank to the lava, I propose there's a proportionate threshold that determines whether or not one breaks the surface tension of lava or acid. Something along the lines of 0% from point blank to 100% from full screen height. And this would fluctuate based on velocity from the spike or whatever caused the momentum. So more powerful spikes or whathaveyou would obviously have a lower threshold and break the surface earlier than weaker ones.

Thanks for giving me something to ponder, Div.
I could upload the cpu vid but I don't know how useful it would be since it just has that 10% spike and some 160%+ spike from way up. And people often discredit computer players anyways.

Edit: Scratch that thing I said about the wall of lava several posts ago. I forgot about the one in @home's murder video. I think it's about 23 seconds in . Awesome video btw, @home.
In Melee, it was weird. I recall spiking a CPU Falcon with Ganondorf, and the momentum was so great that instead of going through the acid, Falcon bounced off, went up 1 foot, and then plummeted again at high speeds. It was weeeeeird.

Sounds interesting...I'd like to do some testing on that. :D

Ur welcome...and so what? Just because it's a CPU doesn't mean that it can't happen to a human player. ;)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ummm... Hasn't this been known for like a year?
Any sufficiently strong momentum goes through lava/water.

Top Bottom