• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lol wow ppl are starting to complain about PT

Fearmy

Smash Ace
well just this morning, i played a SNake Player, we played best 2/3 he won once and i won the other 2. He gave me feed back and said, "1st PT to beat me due to nothing but spam from his Ivysaur, watch out for this guy, he'll spam his way to win" because i used Razor leaf ->SH Razor Leaf -> Razor Leaf (while Landing) he charged to me so i used F-tilt, and then Bullet seed. He did an extra jump and i just killed him with U-air without even being touched. now isn't that what Ivysaur is supposed to do?! and he also had plenty of times to gimp my recovery there :laugh: i could see PT going high tier though

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Bad Snake is bad. :ohwell:

Spamming shouldn't even be a major issue, especially for someone like Snake.

Looks at tilts and gernades.

e__

Smash Ace
People are going to complain about bullet seed. Well placed and it's an easy 40%, like Rock Smash. The thing is, rock smash isn't as obvious about the OMG 40% and doesn't lock the opponent in an attack for a long time... both are pretty broken, it's just one is more subtle about it.

People think that strong attacks like Ike/DDD FSmash and Zard's rock smash are ok because they're slow and therefore "hard to hit with". To use Ivy's bullet seed and get the same damage you have to have an amazing spacing and be right next to the enemy character, something that in general is bad for Ivy... to get around 20% you have to be too close for comfort, something that a character you're playing against SHOULD be able to take advantage of if they are competant enough.

As already said, bad snake is bad.

Kemious

Smash Apprentice
I know your pain. A diddy player once complained how I spamming rock smash and razor leaf and Bulletseed. This is was an insult considering all he did was banana toss dash attack and Dsmash.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
If spaming works use it. If he can't handle it then its his fault (we have this talk on the Pit boards quite a bit lol) its not hard to get around. And he was playing Snake (top tier) and you PT (mid I think) more power to you.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer is almost bottom tier according to the tier list discussion. With people over exaggerating his weaknesses, no wonder they throw him so low.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Pt is underrated....
but thats fine xD you can denie loosing by using the tier John xD
"lol, you beat me, but w/e, you´re snake, and i´m PT :p"
no, seriosusly, i really wonder WHY PT is so low on ankokus chart... i guess not many players out there...
i hope the back room will throw out a tier-list with thought in it soon

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I see you in no wrong. After all Snake is one of the highest tier characters in the game and to most people, that's all that matters to them so they think they are like God or something. PKT I found is maybe a little higher than the bottom of the barrel for consideration of fighting capability. Besides that point, Ivy is an anti-aerial character(for those who haven't realised it by now-just a friendly tip). So yeah. But still bullet seed can be annoying, my friend played as Ivy just to show me how annoying it is. I like it because it is usefull for when I need some damage done to my opponent, I will agree that it is annoying at times.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Pokemon Trainer is almost bottom tier according to the tier list discussion. With people over exaggerating his weaknesses, no wonder they throw him so low.
Hey man, I could care less that they throw Pokemon Trainer down into the pits of low tierdom. It takes only one to a few people as PKT players to blow the lid off that tier list and cause mass confusion and shock and aw and people will say "OMG PKT, WTF?!!!!!" Trust me, I think that will happen, so for now, sure be mad that they are placing our character so low, but rejoice like there is no tommorow when a PKT player puts the spotlight on PKT and blows the lid off of that tier list. :psycho::psycho::chuckle::p

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
HAHA, one of my friends laughed at me when I selected PT against his Lucario earlier today. Three minutes and 36 seconds later, I had three-stocked him. Granted he wasn't very good, but seriously... if he was going to laugh at my choice, then he should have at least made sure he could beat me...

Too bad PT has a steep learning curve. He tried PT the next round and got five-stocked.

And now he's complaining that I cheated. Lovin' it.

ctrlaltdestroy

Smash Cadet
yeah
honestly tiers dont matter to me
i mean, it takes a lot out of the game if people only use top tiers
and like bomber7 said, (ive noticed i agree with you a lot) it just takes a couple good pt's to blow the lid off
besides, wouldnt you rather be one of the few p trainers? the one that everybody thinks your crazy for picking, and then is amazed when you walk away from the tourney with win?
id prefer fer if pt ended up bottom tier, that means more for me
i cant stand playing in a tourney with a bunch of people as the same characters
back in my melee days i went to a tourney, and there were atleast 2 of every character, except pichu, so i played as pichu
and of course, there is no need for tier debate on pichu XD
but i won, and it was partialy because nobody knew what to expect from a pichu, cause nobody plays pichu, and partialy because they thought i had some big trick up my sleave, some secret tech to use or something, which i didnt, but i let them think that

but mostly it was because it was a bad tourney :p

point is, the lower on the tier your character is shouldnt matter
just makes them more mysterious
and id rather not let the enemy know everything i have going for me
read the art of war, it will tell you so
appear weak when you are strong

moomoocow123

Smash Cadet
Australia ofc. You know... the Australia with the
Interesting. I dont consider myself a pro PT (I'd love for someone to give me some tips :D) but lately I've had trouble with finding mains. I've found that i've taken to the 'off-beats' like PT and Yoshi. They're actually pretty good and need a few pros to blow the lid off the tier thingy :D. How many people have you seen maining yoshi? Buuuut this thread isnt about yoshi (nor this section) so i'll stick to the subject. People definately underestimate PT. Lol one match, i chose PT and the other guy chose fox. I did razor leaf just as we fell onto the same ground and he reflected it. he laughed. I was all laike 'oh? think dats funny?' so i went up to him, he did his << smash and i jumped and landed behind him, and did bullet seed with ivysaur. i was like BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NUUUB BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. when he got down, he tried to do his >> aerial, i rolled out of the way, and guess what?

BULLET SEED! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NUUUUUB BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Dont spam kiddies >_>

Top Bottom