• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lloid Rocket Discussion

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I wonder if it works with other reflectors that amplify damage? It would probably be hard to set up, though. But somehow the Doc/Mario thing happened multiple times, so maybe not too hard.
Though it could be specific to the range of the cape. Hitting below the ledge the way it does. Not sure if Fox's Reflector or others would do that.
I dont know if they'd do that either. If you see in mine, it's not exactly hard to set up, you just have to ram yourself with lloid at a certain angle, and any mario or doc WILL try to cape you.

I guess it's pretty good for making them fear caping Villager o3o

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The rocket itself isn't an amazing projectile. The reason it's good is because it adds a way to recover and it stops all your momentum in the air when you use it.

:018:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
The rocket itself isn't an amazing projectile. The reason it's good is because it adds a way to recover and it stops all your momentum in the air when you use it.

:018:
I mean, actually it IS a pretty damn good, as it stops MOST other projectiles, and if you are riding it, no matter the projectile, even if it's a fully charged Lucario's Aura Sphere at 150% damage, if you hit the sphere at the right angle, it WILL go through it, and oftentimes the opponent will NOT be able to react, especially if they've destroyed normal lloid with an aura sphere before.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The ledge rocket is unfortunately dead as of the 1.04 patch.

It no longer does absurd amounts of damage, and instead yields the standard explosion damage of 12% on the basic Lloid Rocket.

MadCanard

Smash Apprentice
I want to pass another tactic by you guys involving the lloid rocket.

What do you all think of this? As your opponent is trying to get back to the ledge ride the rocket, slow it down and space it correctly so that you come to a horizontal stop right after the ledge. You then continue to ride the rocket and it starts slowly falling straight down. It doesn't go too far so when it blows up you'll be close enough to grab the ledge and won't go into free fall. My question is: is this a viable edge guard tactic?

If they try to recover low they are bound to jump into the rocket and then you'll be able to get a free Dair in. (Fingers crossed for 3 turnips) I also read at the beginning of this thread that you can footstool jump immediately after hitting someone while riding the rocket. If this is true then you'd probably be able to gimp most characters with this tactic.

I'm curious if anyone has done this and wether or not it would be useful? The big problem is you have to be good at judging how far the rocket will go when you slow it down. I know on FD the correct distance is just slightly further than half the stage.

I haven't been able to use it in a match yet, but I think it could be fun.

Thoughts?

Rakurai

Smash Ace
A slowed down Lloid Rocket ride could be a decent method of trying to exploit the ledge grab vulnerability if you don't have enough time to get a tree out.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Lloid Tactics:

Lloid Glitch-
While this doesnt do insane damage and OHKO you, it's still found a use in my games every 20 or so when an opponent is trying to ledge guard.
EG: Falcon using UTilt spikes to ledgeguard, lloid glitch method insta explodes, dealing 12% and knocking back, allowing for a safe recover.
You can always hard drop and jump up to hit it, and at a certain point I've become good enough to do it at any point near a ledge or slightly below on wall jump stages.

Also, I can confirm that after update 1.0.5, reflectors can still proc a super powered lloid glitch. Earlier in a game (forgot to save replay, wish I did) I was actually about to lose to a Fox, when he down smashed me, I spammed lloid to stop momentum. The lloid flew and slowly went down as if it was about to auto explode, hit the reflector on the bottom as it looked like, and completely exploded fox at 11% or so and killed him.
I believe he went to 76% from it as well.
I was NOT riding Lloid.

Lloid Air Stall:
This should be familiar and applied to all Villager mains, but the air stall usually allows for a DAir punish if the opponent does an "early" USmash that otherwise would have hit you (or forced an unsafe dodge.)

Lloid Recovery:
I have never seen a use for this. I've punished and been punished every time a Villager does this, and it usually ends in a spike if its a competent player. Or a gimp.

... Or a dropped bowling ball in the dittos case.

Bluntson McDeckington

Smash Rookie
Has anyone been riding the rocket and made it stop but did not dismount, continued to hold back, and the rocket turn around while at a stop? This has happened to me once and I watched it happen once when I first got the game in spectator mode.

Top Bottom